• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Questions about New Leaf

Fye

:lemon:
Bells
Island
Nara
Fossil Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Eevee Easter Egg
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Dark Easter Egg
Hey everyone! I started my Animal Crossing journey with Wild World and City folk back in middle school, and then took a long break from it (because of school etc) till this year with New Horizons. Because I got all my dreamies there and miss seeing new animal faces I've decided to finally buy New Leaf and after a little over 10 resets I finally have my first dreamie - Lobo!

So now I've got a few questions for the community and I hope you can help me get the rest of my team!

• Does time traveling have any negative effects apart from weeds and villagers moving out?
  • How often do villagers move out in this game?
  • Do all 16 of the last voided villagers take turns hanging out in the shopping , or just a few of them?
  • How do I make sure the ones I like don't quietly move out?
  • Are the move-ins and campsite visitors completely random?
  • Whats your favorite feature that they added in New Leaf that wasn't in previous games?
  • Whats your favorite feature from New Leaf that they didn't bring over to New Horizons?

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
1 If you have turnips they can spoil but other than that no
2 they have no set time grace to move out it's just if you ignore them
3 dont interact with them or dont finish requests
4 From what I seen I'm pretty sure they all take turns showing up
5 Yep so you just have to wait until you get a good campsite visitor
6 I dont think they had this in previous games but the cliff diving
7 dream suite or Brewster cafe
hope this helped!

1. Does time traveling have any negative effects apart from weeds and villagers moving out?
Apart from the things you mentioned, you can get bedhead, your turnips can spoil and I think cockroaches can spawn in your house. I'm not a time traveler, but I think that's all.

2. How often do villagers move out in this game?
I don't think there's a set time frame, but it takes 10 days from the first day a villager is thinking about moving until they are in boxes and you can no longer stop them from leaving. So if you check in every 5-7 days or so, you should be fine. Just be sure to talk to every villager to make sure no one is thinking about moving.

3. Do all 16 of the last voided villagers take turns hanging out in the shopping , or just a few of them?
I don't think they start showing up on Main Street until a couple of villagers have moved out, but once they show up I'm pretty sure you can see all of them until you pass 16 villagers and they start cycling out of your Main Street.

4. How do I make sure the ones I like don't quietly move out?
The only way to make sure they don't move out is to talk to your villagers regularly. Either the villager who is planning to move will ping you or other villagers will mention that a certain villager is thinking of moving. As I stated under number 2, it takes 10 days for them to move out so you don't have to check in every day, but at least on a regular weekly basis.

5. Are the move-ins and campsite visitors completely random?
Basically, yes. Unless you invite a villager to move in via Amiibo or another player's town, or pick up a villager from another player's void, the move-ins are kind of random. But the game does try to balance the personalities, so I've noticed that if I don't have an uchi, the game will be more likely to give me one for my next random move-in. This doesn't affect the campsite, though. Campsite visitors are completely random.

6. Whats your favorite feature that they added in New Leaf that wasn't in previous games?
Either the Dream Suite or collecting badges (I don't think badges were in any previous games).

7. Whats your favorite feature from New Leaf that they didn't bring over to New Horizons?
Maybe the Dream Suite?

1 If you have turnips they can spoil but other than that no
2 they have no set time grace to move out it's just if you ignore them
3 dont interact with them or dont finish requests
4 From what I seen I'm pretty sure they all take turns showing up
5 Yep so you just have to wait until you get a good campsite visitor
6 I dont think they had this in previous games but the cliff diving
7 dream suite or Brewster cafe
hope this helped!
thanks for the detailed reply! Brewsters cafe was a big part of my decision to get NL since I miss it and even have a spot reserved for it on my NH island incase they bring it back someday. And I can't wait to try cliff diving!

1. Does time traveling have any negative effects apart from weeds and villagers moving out?
Apart from the things you mentioned, you can get bedhead, your turnips can spoil and I think cockroaches can spawn in your house. I'm not a time traveler, but I think that's all.
2. How often do villagers move out in this game?
I don't think there's a set time frame, but it takes 10 days from the first day a villager is thinking about moving until they are in boxes and you can no longer stop them from leaving. So if you check in every 5-7 days or so, you should be fine. Just be sure to talk to every villager to make sure no one is thinking about moving.
3. Do all 16 of the last voided villagers take turns hanging out in the shopping , or just a few of them?
I don't think they start showing up on Main Street until a couple of villagers have moved out, but once they show up I'm pretty sure you can see all of them until you pass 16 villagers and they start cycling out of your Main Street.
4. How do I make sure the ones I like don't quietly move out?
The only way to make sure they don't move out is to talk to your villagers regularly. Either the villager who is planning to move will ping you or other villagers will mention that a certain villager is thinking of moving. As I stated under number 2, it takes 10 days for them to move out so you don't have to check in every day, but at least on a regular weekly basis.
5. Are the move-ins and campsite visitors completely random?
Basically, yes. Unless you invite a villager to move in via Amiibo or another player's town, or pick up a villager from another player's void, the move-ins are kind of random. But the game does try to balance the personalities, so I've noticed that if I don't have an uchi, the game will be more likely to give me one for my next random move-in. This doesn't affect the campsite, though. Campsite visitors are completely random.
6. Whats your favorite feature that they added in New Leaf that wasn't in previous games?
Either the Dream Suite or collecting badges (I don't think badges were in any previous games).
7. Whats your favorite feature from New Leaf that they didn't bring over to New Horizons?
Maybe the Dream Suite?
Thanks for taking the time to write out the reply! The 10 day rule is good to know, I set my time 2 months behind to allow myself to set up my town and gather a few dreamies before I go back to playing day-by-day. I'll probably TT 4 or 5 days at a time so I can check in on villagers moving out and gather fruits to make some money.

Hey everyone! I started my Animal Crossing journey with Wild World and City folk back in middle school, and then took a long break from it (because of school etc) till this year with New Horizons. Because I got all my dreamies there and miss seeing new animal faces I've decided to finally buy New Leaf and after a little over 10 resets I finally have my first dreamie - Lobo!

So now I've got a few questions for the community and I hope you can help me get the rest of my team!

• Does time traveling have any negative effects apart from weeds and villagers moving out?
  • How often do villagers move out in this game?
  • Do all 16 of the last voided villagers take turns hanging out in the shopping , or just a few of them?
  • How do I make sure the ones I like don't quietly move out?
  • Are the move-ins and campsite visitors completely random?
  • Whats your favorite feature that they added in New Leaf that wasn't in previous games?
  • Whats your favorite feature from New Leaf that they didn't bring over to New Horizons?

Thanks for stopping by!

hey! not sure how many of these have been answered but i'll try and answer as many as i can! :3 also i haven't got new horizons so if i say anything that i thought only happened in new leaf but is in both games then thats why

1) i don't think so except your hair goes messy if you travel 15 days ahead (or behind) or more and you have to have the hairdressers unlocked and pay 3000 bells to get your hair done. you do get asked a series of questions that will determine your hairstyle but you can look up 'acnl hair guide' and it tells you what answers give you certain styles colour etc.

2) im not sure, from what ive seen of new horizons i dont think its as much, but then i dont know what those players could be doing to make it more likely that they would move. some things that will cause villagers to move are:

- time travelling (forwards or back) a large number of days (large being somewhere between 10 and up)
this is also because not interacting with your villagers (in general or because of tt) can cause them to move.
- pushing, shoving, hitting with nets, pitfall seeds, etc
- that's all i can think of but theres another important thing to know (sorry i know this ones really long!)

* when a villager talks to you saying that they want to move, before having the option of telling them to stay or go, they will tell you the date they are due to leave. If this date is - *i think* - 14 days (or more) than the present date, you are free to tell them to stay, however, if it is less than 14 days (actually it might be 7 i not completely sure about that), then they will apologise saying that they have to move, regardless of whether you tell them to stay, or however much you interact with them from that point.*

3) i'm not sure. honestly i dont pay much attention to what villagers are there.

4) just don't talk to them basically! if they see you not interacting with them they'll either come up to you and tell you they want to move or eventually they'll just leave without a warning. but they will send you a letter (and maybe a present)

5) as far as i know, yes. however, because of the 'welcome amiibo' update. quite early on if you wander around town you find a lamp that has Wish inside and he'll tell you that you can invite villagers with amiibos. however i havent done this in a while so im not sure if there is an option to move them in permanently. but i think to put them in the game (unless you have an amiibo ds of course) then you need an 'nfc reader/writer' which i only have as it came with happy home designer, but you can buy it elsewhere for probably very cheap as it's only small and i don't think its used for a lot else.

6) honestly new leaf was my first animal crossing game so i cant comment. but ive had the game for around 6 years and i love i so much almost as much as the games since.

7) i cant really comment either as i dont own new horizons but from what ive heard resetti rover and brewster arent in the game (well resetti is but i wish you got to see him more, even though his character isnt exclusive to new leaf).

hope i could help! and have fun playing new leaf! if you ever want to play my friend codes in my profile :3

Back