• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Question about villager move outs?

Panne

Bells
Alright so I've been TTing in my main town for about a good two months now. I use the day by day method, skipping 4 days only when a) a villager moves in/out or b) when i decline a move out request. I have two, sometimes three "safety nets" I talk to for gossip of move outs.

However, recently my villagers have been pinging at odd times.

I lost O'Hare last night followed by Apple, to my disappointment. I was TTing as normal, never skipping more than 4 days at the appropriate times. Bones moved into my town as my 9th villager, and I TTed 4 days ahead. I was shocked to see Isabelle announce that Apple was moving. That means she had to have wanted to move when Bone's plot was up.

To confirm this, I just had Diana ping me. I currently have 8 villagers in my town, and a plot up for TBone. This is odd to me because none of the TTing guides that i have read mentioned anything about the possibility of pings while there are 8 villagers. this is always the move in period, or so I thought? Or does the possibility for move out pings begin when a plot appears? Is it common for this to happen? I've never experienced it before yesterday, so I wanted to ask to avoid losing any more dreamies.

Last edited:
Its alright, Ill get em back eventually! The only thing I'll be hating is the plot resetting since they were perfectly in line with each other and other houses D:

Anyways yeah, thats probably a good assumption. Though even so, it's weird that they ping right on day 1?

Last edited:
if you have a lot of villagers you care about and don't want to lose, i honestly don't think it's a good idea to be tting more than 1 day at a time. :/ maximum 2 days tbh. anything more than that and it's practically impossible to avoid any accidents.

if you have a lot of villagers you care about and don't want to lose, i honestly don't think it's a good idea to be tting more than 1 day at a time. :/ maximum 2 days tbh. anything more than that and it's practically impossible to avoid any accidents.

I'm more concerned over why this is happening than anything, since I've never heard of this happening before. Im pretty confident in the method im using, but this just threw it off completely Dx

Maybe the plot counts as nine. :/ Sorry you lost your dreamies.

Yup,eight villagers plus a plot counts as nine.I've noticed from my experiences with cycling that a new villager moving in is often followed by an existing villager wanting to move out.

In my cycle town I got a 9th plot and on the same day a villager pinged to leave. I was unaware of this as well and was surprised to see little information mentioning that this can happen.

alright, thanks! Yeah, its a little upsetting that this is very rarely mentioned, since it can really screw things up. Thanks for the answers guys :3

Ya I was plot resetting a lazy villager that my town was demanding I have (as I had only 8 villagers left) and on the day I finally found a lazy I was willing to live with, Bruce ran up to me and said he wanted to move. It really surprised me, until I came to the realization that the plot for the new villager, even before their actual house is built, counts as number 9!

Last edited:
If you want, since I have Apple, I can hold her until you have space. If you still want her :>

Back