• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question about the 16 Villager Cycle~

whimsy

perfect peach 🍑✨
Bells
Switch
0118-0130-0745
Heart of the Forest
Dreamy Bear Plush
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
Peach (Fruit)
Ancient Candle
Does it only apply for random move ins and camping visits, or can you not go and collect them from somebody else's town, either??
Does this even make sense lol

Let's use an example here.. Say Fauna was in boxes in your town, and you were distraught.. You want her back ASAP.. From that point onwards, you must have 16 villagers move out (not in, any existing villagers that are in and go, do count), before they will be able to move back in from any location.. Whether it be StreetPass, a friend, or the campsite (the campsite seems unlikely, but maybe resettingfor them could work..) .. A good way for you to tell if you've managed to have 16 villagers move out is if they've been skulking around your Main Street for a while.. If they suddenly permanently stop coming, they've been erased from your town's memory, and are now available to move back in :)

Apologies for the wall of text, haha

That's the worst news ever man I feel like this game is playing me at this point lol

I was TT'ing forward a few months but I was doing it SUPER CAREFULLY every 3 days and then going around to EVERY villager, waiting for one to ping, and if no one did I would go and talk to one who I want to move to see if they would tell me about someone else moving so I could keep all the villagers I wanted. It worked until I was almost back to now and then Felicity was suddenly just gone, like no warning from anybody whatsoever.
The same thing happened with Cranston but luckily I didn't want to keep him. I had someone tell me he was thinking of moving so I walked up to him day after day waiting for him to ping and he never did. He just up and moved one day. So even if I wanted to keep him I wouldn't have gotten the chance. It's just scary because I have Merengue and it could easily have been her.

But anyway like you can't decorate your town properly at all with villagers constantly moving in and out over everything so if I ever want to get and keep my 10 dream villagers and decorate my town around their houses I'm going to have to play this game for literally MONTHS before I can even start playing it. And then once I do finally get it how I want it I'll have to maintain it meticulously every single day. You feel me?

- - - Post Merge - - -

GOD I MUST HAVE DONE IT ABOUT 60 TIMES TOO

That exact same thing happened to me with Erik.. I was TT'ing day-by-day, I didn't even get told by any of my villagers he was moving.. He didn't ping me, and I hadn't been ignoring him.. He just suddenly boxed up D:

I swear this game has some kind of punishment for time travelling, probably this and the turnips? (Do turnips rot if you time travel?)

If you hear a rumour about someone leaving but they refuse to ping you, just save and quit, and start the game again - they should ping u then.

Back