• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Question about sharing/passing on cards

Ant Lady

Bells
Winter Mittens
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't found an answer to this yet:

What if person A has a certain card (say Gruff), scans it in their game and then gives it to person B?

Will person A still be able to invite Gruff into other villagers houses or would you need the Gruff card every time?

Hallo! This would be best-answered by someone who's played, but worst-case, I can ask the person who streams her HHD play daily when she's online tonight. She streams on twitch as v3lla so you can join the stream yourself, if you like. She starts at 7 PST.

v3lla's had an ongoing party at Pekoe's home for a few weeks, from when she initially called the villagers in using her amiibo cards, though that may have been overridden when she expanded Pekoe's home last night.

I believe that you would need the card to summon a specific villager to each separate location; i.e., if you wanted to call the villager to 4 separate locations, you'd need to use the card each time. Calling them from your clipboard doesn't appear to work, but we can ask for confirmation.

Hello, I've actually asked v3lla this before and you do indeed need the card to summon the villagers to the party. So if you traded the card you wouldn't be able to invite them again.

/edit
She also streams on the weekdays at 11am pst so you could tune in then if it's more convenient. Although she mentioned a break while she goes on vacation

Last edited:
Ah, thanks, I was afraid this would be the case.

The reason I asked was that I consider asking a friend in the US to buy some cards and send them over to me. (6 cards for $6 is better than 3 cards for ?5 I think, even with added shipping).
I was wondering if there was a benefit for her in scanning them to her own game before sending them, apart from unlocking the furniture and the special characters.

Well, you would be able to "unlock" them, create their house ect. and then give/trade the card to a friend. You'll still be able to check on him/her and change their house. You just wont be able to summon them. or am I wrong about this?

Also, wondering if I'm able to share the card with my sister. when we both want to invite a villager to another home at the same time. Could she just scan the card (make a party) and give to card to me so I can make a party in my game with the same cards/villagers she just scanned?

Well, you would be able to "unlock" them, create their house ect. and then give/trade the card to a friend. You'll still be able to check on him/her and change their house. You just wont be able to summon them. or am I wrong about this?

Also, wondering if I'm able to share the card with my sister. when we both want to invite a villager to another home at the same time. Could she just scan the card (make a party) and give to card to me so I can make a party in my game with the same cards/villagers she just scanned?

Yes that's correct. After you use the card the villager and items are unlocked and you most likely can share the card with your sister with no problems.

Back