• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question About Not Playing For A While

Bk1234

I have the results...
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Since I'll be dedicating my time to New Horizons, I want be playing New Leaf for a while. Will my villagers move out because of my long absence?

Yes, they can move out if you're away from the game for a long period of time. There are ways to prevent this, though. One option if you time travel is to note the last date you played and the next time you log in to New Leaf set the date to that date or the day after.

I've also heard that if you stop someone from moving on the last day that you play, then you can safely take a hiatus and no villager will move out while you're gone. I can't vouch for that method personally, though, as I've never tried it.

Yes, they can move out if you're away from the game for a long period of time. There are ways to prevent this, though. One option if you time travel is to note the last date you played and the next time you log in to New Leaf set the date to that date or the day after.

I've also heard that if you stop someone from moving on the last day that you play, then you can safely take a hiatus and no villager will move out while you're gone. I can't vouch for that method personally, though, as I've never tried it.

I can't vouch for post-Amiibo Update™, but it certainly worked before, both methods. For now though I just use the former.

I can assure the second option works even after amiibo update since I use it often.

The method I use consists in creating a new character when I start playing again. I always use the same spot to put its house, save, then delete the character right away. I last played in 2015 before starting again last week, used this method and it worked ;)

Back