• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Question about fruit

I think my most favorite fruit to actually have is Cherries. I dunno why, I just like em! I got them in Wild World and from that point I've always had a fondness for them. I guess there's something about the way they look that's just cute to me.

Peaches are my favorite fruit in real life, but I only like the golden yellow-orange peaches so I don't really like the pink Animal Crossing peaches.

The apples are nice, but I just don't like apples that aren't green. I can't eat red apples, they taste bland to me. xD So Animal Crossing Apples don't really thrill me either. My cousin had these as his town fruit in Population Growing.

Oranges? Oranges are great. I love the color orange. It is right under Blue, Green, and Violet as the best color ever. I also love to eat oranges. This was my Brother's town fruit in Population Growing. I loved the heck out of them for the longest time because they WEREN'T PEARS.

My tier of town fruit I want from most desired to least:

1. Cherries
2. Oranges
3. Apples
4. Peaches
5. Pears

I can't remember all the island fruit off the top of my head so I can't really pick from them.

If it was any other animal crossing game I wouldn't really be fussed about which native fruit I got. Its just personal preference for the Perfect fruit that you can grow.

I like the Oranges, apples and cherries best so that is what I'm going for :p

If I get my least favorite fruit in the game I really won't care. It's not like it's the only fruit you will have and it's not even that big of deal to me anyway... but I still have preferences. Peaches are actually my favorite in AC, followed by Cherries. I love the song "Peaches" by The Presidents of the United States and when I get peaches as a fruit I always start singing it XD and I like the design of them. I like cherries probably because I've seen them the least in all of my resetting and I also love cherry trees in real life. I pretty much like all of the island fruits, as well, and I hope to get them all at one point.

Oranges are my least fave in AC even though I like them in real life. I don't know exactly why, though. I guess they're kind of bland and not to special to me when I play. But like I said, if I get them, I won't be devastated. Just a little annoyed.
What fruit I want in my town from my favorite to least favorite:

1: Peaches
2: Cherries
3: Pears
4: Apples
5: Oranges

Last edited:
You can just grow more fruit... My towns have always had a random assortment of all the different fruit choices possible.

Me, I have gotten peaches alot. They seem like the graphics for peaches are not as well, and I want something else. I think I would want apples or cherries or anything else that is red. And ajpri, that is smart! Although I would leave a couple of native trees so that way friends can get some.

I like cherries and apples because they're nice and bright on the trees, don't like oranges as I've had them since starting my WW towns many years ago and I'm fed up seeing them, so much so I only have 3 left in the corner behind the shop just for the sake of not getting rid of them all!

Years ago, when I still had AC: Wild World, all I managed to get in my town was peaches and cherries! Nothing else. o.o So would be nice to have something else. I like the look of cherries but I don't actually like the taste of them in real life. :S

You can just grow more fruit... My towns have always had a random assortment of all the different fruit choices possible.

Yes but you can only grow the perfect variation of your own native fruit. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't put a second thought to what kind of fruit I got :p

I don't care what fruit I get unless it is peaches. I would rather have oranges and apples though.

I think it would just be nice to have a fruit I've never had in my town before, but if I end up with one I have had before them so be it, i'm not going to reset my town over it

I mean... why grow a non fruit tree? lol. (well there are lots of reasons but pear with me (bu-dum))

Funnily enough, I usually end up cutting down most of the fruit trees in town and replacing them with regular saplings. It comes from when I shared my game with my mom...and her favorite thing to do was go around and shake all the trees of their fruit...then just leave it lying there. D= It drove me nuts! If I don't have fruit trees everywhere...she can't leave it messing up the ground everywhere! =P

I'll probably end up just making one area into an orchard with one of each type (maybe a couple extra Perfect ones...) and then replacing all the rest with regular trees!

I don't think I have a fruit preference and I don't really hate any of the fruit. I would, however, like it if I got something other than apples for my native fruit. I always get apples! I'm not going to complain if I do get apples in New Leaf, though. I just think it's funny that I always get apples. I don't actually know what the perfect fruits look like, except, oddly enough -- I've seen perfect apples! Figures.

I guess, the only thing I can think of where I'd have a preference for which fruit I want to see on the trees is when I reach the point in the game where I don't need to constantly be making bells and can stop shaking my fruit trees every day. But by then I'm sure I'll have all the fruits and I can just tuck my native fruit trees away in a corner if I don't want to see them.

Wow, I've never thought this hard about fruit in Animal Crossing :p

I have a question. What does it mean for a fruit to be a perfect variation. I don't get what that term means and why we shouldn't get rid of each fruit tree that is native except 1. Please enlighten me on this! :)

I have a question. What does it mean for a fruit to be a perfect variation. I don't get what that term means and why we shouldn't get rid of each fruit tree that is native except 1. Please enlighten me on this! :)

Perfect Fruit is new to New Leaf. The only fruit that can be perfect is a town's native fruit, and the perfect fruit sells for a great deal more bells than any other fruit (3,000 bells if I remember correctly). Perfect fruit look a little different then regular fruit, and can only be harvested a certain number of times before the tree dies. I think you use the fertilizer from the garden store to grow perfect fruit trees (but I'm not sure... I've been trying to not spoil myself too much about game features).

People usually get rid of native fruit trees and plant non-native fruit trees because non-native fruit sells for more bells than native fruit and you make more money that way.

:)

Only your native fruit can grow into a "perfect" fruit tree-- meaning the fruit will look golden/sparkly and it's worth more bells. Not 100% sure, but I think it happens at random when you plant a new tree, and you can only collect from it once or so. I believe something special happens when you eat a perfect fruit, but I haven't seen what. You can search around to see pictures. :) I'm personally a fan of the perfect cherries.

There's still several aspects of the game I'm confused about, so I don't know if I got that right. :p

Rise old thread!
RISE!
I prefer peaches or cherries, because my grandmother who raised me, but is now deceased loved peaches and cherry limeades.
So, I think that's why I prefer those over others. I didn't really want pears, because that was my town fruit for months, and I wanted something different. I didn't want oranges, because I don't like the way the perfect version of them looked, and you get pears from Isabelle. I am indifferent towards apples.

I had my town set up with a big open garden section for a while, where all different types of trees grew. ...Then stupid Zell moved smack dab in the middle of my apple orchard and messed everything up. Now it's just a gross mishmash of random durians and perfect oranges.

I'm not fussy about fruit. I restarted my WW town three times. First I had oranges. Then peaches. Then apples. My fruit in NL is oranges. I've never restarted in NL and I won't. I have all of the fruit growing in my town, except for lychees (but they're on my Island) and coconuts. I don't like how the coconuts look.

I don't care for the perfect fruits. I like having some on hand, but I won't plant them.

Back