• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question about autofill villagers.

Bells
One of my villagers is unfortunately moving out (and of all the villagers, why did it have to be Pietro?🤡 😔), meaning that a new villager should be filling the shoe. I don't really try to go out and hunt for villagers, I just like being surprised of what I get. (Sorry for being a weirdo about that.) I have a question about autofilled villagers, is it based on the personality of the previous or not? The reason I say this is because when Prince (who is a lazy villager) moved out, it autofilled with Al (who is also a lazy villager.).

No, but you’re more likely to get a villager of a personality type you do not have.

From what I understand from all the testing here's something you should know. If you visit someone's island there is a high chance that whoever moved out on their island is more likely to appear in your "move-in queue" For example. I let my plot on my main island autofill on purpose (still in the process of restarting my island) and I got Kabuki. When I spoke to him he said he came from "Quadratum" which is the name of my 2nd island on the 2nd switch. This I did not expect.

It can be confusing and its not always clear if gurantee if you get a villager based on personality. Its really random at times.

LATE UPDATE: So I checked today to see who was the new villager, and it was a villager named O'Hare, who shares the same smug personality as Pietro. (Though he was originally a cranky villager.)

Back