• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Puzzle League or Desert Island Escape?

Which game?

• Total voters
Desert Island Escape is fun and Puzzle League is pain. I had never played Puzzle League before this event and I am so terrible at it. Terrible not im a way that makes me want to practice more like in a way that makes me want to give up.

I like puzzle league because it reminds me of Pokémon puzzle league! me and my siblings use to play that game all the time. so many good memories. desert island escape was pretty fun though.

I always played desert island escape, I also liked the slow pace strategic format and I like that you get to choose between your villagers who each have different quirks that help you out. I agree with others that puzzle league is so fast paced it stressed me out, going back to it for this event i forgot how much it did lolll, im still struggling with a high score

Desert Island Escape for me by a long shot. While there's definitely some rng involved, the strategic choices still play a role in playing a crucial part to be able to escape the island. Different animals have different strengths and weaknesses.

If I recall correctly, Gorillas can smash rocks and create paths in the process. This can be very advantageous if the level you're playing on has rocks everywhere (I vaguely remember a hard level where the path spirals into the centre of an area shaped by rocks). However, they're not as great when they try to escape from a pitfall...

Kangaroos can either be totally useless for one day or be absolutely amazing when it comes to the number of spaces they can move. Personally, I use Kitt (which she's a kangaroo obviously) to advance further into the island as much as possible. I can then use that space to set up camp for the night so the group can split up from there. I don't remember much when it comes to other weaknesses for kangaroos, but they're really not great at fighting enemies...

Birds don't advance very far in one turn (I think they can only move two spaces?), but they're really good at revealing spaces that haven't been stepped on yet.

Cats obviously have the strength of catching fish with their bare hands without needing to use a fishing rod. Though, they still have the tendency to catch none at all which sucks. At the very least, sensing fish nearby can allow them move one additional space without taking up the regular amount of spaces they can move in one day.

It's a very fun game to play over Puzzle League in my opinion. Crazy how the minigame first originated in Amiibo Festival of all places.

Desert Island escape it's more fun. I don't like Puzzle League much because is pretty much like Candy Crush which i think is boring.

I truly love both as they are memorable and cute little minigames but I choose Puzzle League! As a huge fan of Panel De Pon, an Animal Crossing skin was HUGE for me, back in the day! I love playing it for hours and trying to reach high scores!

Desert Island Escape is definitely alot of fun and is even better when you can master the wheel haha

desert island escape is really fun! once you figure out what team works best, you breeze right through it!

im terrible at puzzle league 😩 it took me about 40 minutes to get an acceptable score for the hi-score hijinks initiative. i suppose i just dont have the chops for puzzle/panel games like that or something lol.

Back