• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pumpkin Carving 🎃

Zerous

beep boop
Bells
Switch
2944-5199-8685
White Tulip
White Rose
White Rose
White Violet
Purple Violet
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Do you enjoy it? Is it a regular tradition for you?
I've personally never done it although I'd be interested to do it at least once to try it out!
If you have made any this year, I'd love to see pictures! 🎃

Not a tradition for me. I don’t think that have ever done it, tbh. It seems messy though. My oldest sibling and her kids carve the pumpkins that we use for Halloween.

i've scooped out the innards i reckon maybe two or three times? i think we bought a pumpkin last year with the intention of me scooping out the innards but i never got round to it. maybe will get a smol pumpkin this year (and carve it!) 😌

When I was a kid, I always liked picking out the pumpkin and then gutting it out. Then I'd pick the design which was usually a favorite cartoon character and let my parents toil on the pumpkin which was fun to watch. But haven't bought one in awhile as an adult.

That was something I always liked doing but wasn't always able too. It depended on if Mom wanted to get a pumpkin that year or not. It would have been cool to have a stencil of a familiar character, but I always free handed it with pencil on the pumpkin or a couple of years I did paint because i didn't have a pumpkin carver tool. It was fun and different.
As an adult with no kids, I don't bother with it.

Halloween is not really a thing here like in the USA. I craved some as a kid - a really basic face lol Maybe I will try again this year - seems fun.

i carved them once or twice as a kid, but we don't celebrate halloween anymore because we're too old for trick-or-treating and nobody wants to answer the door -- anxiety, in my case, and my parents just don't have the energy. i remember it being... arduous. didn't have the strength needed to cut through the pumpkin properly, and i'd probably still need help now lol. mostly i just scooped out the innards, and i remember them not smelling great.

I loooove pumpkin carving! One of my favorite things to do this time of year. I'm not good at it, but I love the process. Always roast the pumpkin seeds, too.

We’ve always enjoyed it!!!! Not sure if I have any pics of the really good ones anymore though.

i used to be a lot better about carving at least one every year but i've kinda fallen off these past few years LOL i usually just opt for the basic jack o' lantern. i used to love using taking the seeds out and toasting them with a little bit of sea salt and oil! i remember the last jack o' lantern i made got totally mangled by the squirrels in the neighbourhood.

I did it once and was terrible at it. These days I prefer the pumpkin ornaments you can buy and add a fake tee light candle inside instead.

Every October, I go out to a couple places around here that have a good selection of nice, big pumpkins and choose a few nice ones to bring home to carve. Unfortunately I'm not artistically inclined, all of my creative points being min-maxed into writing, so my jack-o-lanterns aren't the best, but they're fun to do anyway. Scooping out and disposing of the pumpkin guts is a gross, smelly affair but it's worth it in the end. Sometimes I do the whole traditional way, sometimes I partially dig out the facial features and use paint, depends on what I'm going for with a particular pumpkin.

I wish I could do elaborate pumpkin sculptures like some people out there make. Those are really neat. Alas.

It isn’t a regular tradition for me. I’m not sure if I love doing it, but I do love seeing pictures of other peoples’ designs. I’ve seen some very nice carvings over the years. I’m impressed with how much effort gets put into these carvings. You can’t exactly save a pumpkin carving, unless the pumpkin is fake, of course.

i carved one on friday! granted, i did not come up with the design myself lol. i definitely googled pics of the haunted house i wanted to carve and drew it on the pumpkin, but it was still fun. we used to carve one every year when i was a kid. felt like doing it again after 15 years... anyhow, the pic is before i super cleaned up the inside so ignore the gut remnants in the back LOL. i had fun!

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 12.03.10 PM.png

Last edited:
I have never carved a pumpkin in my life. The pumpkins where I live are too small and not like the orange ones so they would look a lot different than what everyone else has posted.

I always end up carving at least one pumpkin each year. I've already picked out my pumpkin for this year I just need to get around to carving it.

It's not a regular tradition, but I have done it before. It's something I'd like to do more often, but it's in a curious spot between "I love artistic projects" and "I hate getting dirty."

It’s never been a tradition when I was younger, my mom hated anything messy so she would have never have let us do it. Now that I’m older I would like to make it a yearly fall tradition. I already do go to a pumpkin patch every year, just never bought a pumpkin. Thinking about getting a pumpkin this year when I go to start though, maybe a small pumpkin and work my way up to bigger sizes as the year goes by.

Back