• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

[PSA] Ver 2.0.4 Update - You Can Now Completely Remove Unwanted Villager Clothing From Their Wardrobe

holy crap, that's a game changer! so happy they did this. I wonder whether the way it previously worked was a bug that they didn't get around to fixing until now, or if it was the intended behavior but they changed it after a year and a half of complaining lol

That's nice that they finally added where you can remove bad clothing from villagers.

Gruff's purple towel wrap and Flora's instant muscle suit will finally be things of the past! This is maybe the thing that makes me happiest in the game!

To be honest, I've never really noticed bad clothing on my neighbors.

I suppose I can keep a look out and then complain to Isabelle

The clothing news is great. While I don't have any villagers with this issue right now, I did previously. This would have helped a lot at the time.

You can now completely remove unwanted villager clothing by complaining to Isabelle, as long as the villager is currently wearing it.

I thought you could do that before...

You can now completely remove unwanted villager clothing by complaining to Isabelle, as long as the villager is currently wearing it.

I thought you could do that before...

The feature was there, but it didn't work as expected until now. Previously, the villager might change in the moment, but the item would remain in their inventory, so they could still wear it again.

The feature was there, but it didn't work as expected until now. Previously, the villager might change in the moment, but the item would remain in their inventory, so they could still wear it again.
Oohhh! That makes sense. Glad to see that's changed. Ty for the info

Ive been checking every day but no gyroid yet.

im glad we can remove ugly clothing, i think they wear it just to annoy us😢

I wish they had done this sooner. Just last week I kicked out a dreamie because he wouldn't stop wearing the instant muscles shirt.

I’m not too particular on clothing so I tend to deliver gifts between them but there is one outfit Genji wears I would love to get off him forever. Can’t wait to try.

Good now Nan can take off her white sheep costume cause y'know, she's a black goat.

So, not truly an ugly shirt, but I'd gifted Lionel a young royal shirt in white a while back. It fits his style, but didn't look as nice as I'd hoped.

He was wearing it this morning, so I talked to Isabelle. I didn't have time to run back and see him, but if I'm understanding it correctly, that should be fully removed from his collection now?

So, not truly an ugly shirt, but I'd gifted Lionel a young royal shirt in white a while back. It fits his style, but didn't look as nice as I'd hoped.

He was wearing it this morning, so I talked to Isabelle. I didn't have time to run back and see him, but if I'm understanding it correctly, that should be fully removed from his collection now?

Supposedly, yes. I haven't tried it myself yet, but you can try and check his wardrobe several time and see if it shows up.

Oh, I'm so glad they finally fixed this! And I'm glad people have been posting about it online, because I would never have known it was fixed otherwise.

The only person who isn't glad is Tank, because I just made him take off his beloved instant muscle suit... Sorry Tank, you will have to put some more work in if you want to look that swole :p

Back