• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Post Your Town Map

my new town!

told myself this would be the last time I reset.
must. stick. with. this. forever.

town's name is ethereal.

I think I like the map? always look for the one's that have the town plaza in the center.
my native fruit is cherries. kind of wished for peaches or apples but cherries are okay!

2cxxkyf.jpg

This is almost the exact same map as my 2nd town! Except our permanent building placements are a little different! I do love this map a lot though. Good luck with the new town!

my new town!

told myself this would be the last time I reset.
must. stick. with. this. forever.

town's name is ethereal.

I think I like the map? always look for the one's that have the town plaza in the center.
my native fruit is cherries. kind of wished for peaches or apples but cherries are okay!

2cxxkyf.jpg

Wow, that's a pretty nice looking town! I had a similar town like that one back then. Also,
cherries? I would have picked that town immediately if Rover would have suggest it to me,
lol.

Map of PARADISE

I just realized I haven't posted my town map on here yet! :eek: I've had this town since 2013 and I absolutely love the layout I managed to get on the first try back in the day! :) I think my favorite part of the layout is the fact that the Plaza is at the very center of town and I managed to make my path system utilize it as a giant roundabout/hub intersection! :D I'm also very fortunate how well the Campsite entrance was placed after I updated to Welcome Amiibo because it worked perfect with my path system!

Attachments

• HNI_0053.JPG
    HNI_0053.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Choosing a town Layout

I can't wait to see other peoples town maps. For me when I first started it took me a while before I could find one I actually liked. But i'm also extremely picky so that probably has a good bit to do with it lol.

I'm having an issues posting my town pic. Its just doesn't let me. :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But I LOVE seeing all these different layouts!

Last edited:
I'm having an issues posting my town pic. Its just doesn't let me. :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But I LOVE seeing all these different layouts!

To post a picture easily, you need to make a snapshot in-game, save your game, turn off your 3DS, take the SD Card out of your 3DS, insert the SD Card into a computer, locate the "DCIM" folder/directory, and then you can copy them to your computer and upload them on a host (or use the attachment feature on here when you make a post) like you would with any other image (you also can access the DCIM directory while uploading on a site as well if the SD card is still plugged into your computer). :) To get a quality image of your map from the top screen (which is where all screenshots are made, not sure of a method to get the bottom screen), you just need to sit in the mayor desk and try to construct a PWP which would allow you to see the map. Hope this helps! :D

Last edited:
I just realized I haven't posted my town map on here yet! :eek: I've had this town since 2013 and I absolutely love the layout I managed to get on the first try back in the day! :) I think my favorite part of the layout is the fact that the Plaza is at the very center of town and I managed to make my path system utilize it as a giant roundabout/hub intersection! :D I'm also very fortunate how well the Campsite entrance was placed after I updated to Welcome Amiibo because it worked perfect with my path system!

That looks really nice! You were lucky indeed. Also with the camping ground. Mine's right next to ReTail, which is also pretty cool. It's so nice to have the plaza at the center! <3 I can imagine that works great with paths.

Fun to see all these different map options and the way people place their buildings. Think I'll also share mine sometime soon.

That looks really nice! You were lucky indeed. Also with the camping ground. Mine's right next to ReTail, which is also pretty cool. It's so nice to have the plaza at the center! <3 I can imagine that works great with paths.

Fun to see all these different map options and the way people place their buildings. Think I'll also share mine sometime soon.

Thank you Roobi! :D You should check out my dream address in my signature to see how I utilized the map in more detail, I think you would absolutely enjoy your visit! :) I also love seeing all the map options as well, I really hope they make the maps even more interesting in the next game! :D

Thank you Roobi! :D You should check out my dream address in my signature to see how I utilized the map in more detail, I think you would absolutely enjoy your visit! :) I also love seeing all the map options as well, I really hope they make the maps even more interesting in the next game! :D

Ah, I hadn't even thought of that yet! XD I visited your town in the meantime. It looks lovely! Everything's so well organised. I also like how you used the four-leaf clovers in your paths. Makes it look very natural. I always feel like such a noob when visiting such beautiful towns, haha. But they are great inspiration and I'm working on mine slowly but steadily.
Yes, I'm also curious if they'll add more map layout styles in the new game. Or maybe even different areas. Really looking forward to it :D

Ah, I hadn't even thought of that yet! XD I visited your town in the meantime. It looks lovely! Everything's so well organised. I also like how you used the four-leaf clovers in your paths. Makes it look very natural. I always feel like such a noob when visiting such beautiful towns, haha. But they are great inspiration and I'm working on mine slowly but steadily.
Yes, I'm also curious if they'll add more map layout styles in the new game. Or maybe even different areas. Really looking forward to it :D

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I really do appreciate the valuable feedback! :D I wouldn't tell yourself that, making a town the way you like it just takes time and patience! ;) It took me over 1500 hours to build mine, but I built most of it in less than 800 hours (just slowly tweaked and added various details after that point) so it is definitely doable especially if you buy a lot of your supplies here! :)

Yeah, I'm taking it pretty easy, working on my ideal town as I go. I keep changing my plans and paths every few days and it'll be fun to see where it all will lead to eventually. I can tell most of the beautiful towns I've seen have taken lots of time and effort, but it's worth it. At least there's plenty of help and inspiration on these forums^^

Meadow.jpg

It took several days of resetting, but here is Meadow and at its completion!

Pros
- Lots of dreamies in good spots (Cranston, Flurry, Marina, Sylvia, Static, Diana, Antonio, Julian, Willow, Tammi)
- Town fruit is peaches (second favorite after apples)
- Green train station and town hall (so lucky for both to be the same color)
- Cute little private beach
- No rocks in disruptive places
- Two ponds in good places
- Nice spot for my house
- Good placements of town hall, plaza, Re-Tail, and campground
- Cool river shape with pool right in the middle

Cons
- Square grass (wanted circle, but I do like square better than triangle)
- Got the roundest variant of the plaza (would have preferred the squarer ones)
- 8 rocks (not including the gem rock, ugh)
- Would have liked a west-facing beach for once (have always gotten east)

Overall, I wouldn't dare ask for a better map. Didn't think I could find one better than my last town. <3

Last edited:
View attachment 223613

It took several days of resetting, but here is Meadow and at its completion!

Pros
- Lots of dreamies in good spots (Cranston, Flurry, Marina, Sylvia, Static, Diana, Antonio, Julian, Willow, Tammi)
- Town fruit is peaches (second favorite after apples)
- Green train station and town hall (so lucky for both to be the same color)
- Cute little private beach
- No rocks in disruptive places
- Two ponds in good places
- Nice spot for my house
- Good placements of town hall, plaza, Re-Tail, and campground
- Cool river shape with pool right in the middle

Cons
- Square grass (wanted circle, but I do like square better than triangle)
- Got the roundest variant of the plaza (would have preferred the squarer ones)
- 8 rocks (not including the gem rock, ugh)
- Would have liked a west-facing beach for once (have always gotten east)

Overall, I wouldn't dare ask for a better map. Didn't think I could find one better than my last town. <3

Nice one! Lots of space to build things. I like the idea of a riverside campsite (I'd probably put the cafe in that spot, though I don't know what the environment looks like, of course). Very good villager placement too! I can believe it was worth the wait :)

Main Town: Bluemoon
Mayor: Wolf
Fruit: Apples

This is a quick map i decided on and i like it a lot. I just have to move the villagers and then it is done!2011-01-07_12-08-28.045_bot.jpg

Pros: Has really small rivers and a lot of space on the main land for landscaping
Only has 2 ponds
Has a small stone pavement for PWPS

Cons:
Not much space on the beach

Last edited:
Main Town: Bluemoon
Mayor: Wolf
Fruit: Apples

This is a quick map i decided on and i like it a lot. I just have to move the villagers and then it is done!View attachment 223786

Pros: Has really small rivers and a lot of space on the main land for landscaping
Only has 2 ponds
Has a small stone pavement for PWPS

Cons:
Not much space on the beach

do you have a dream address?

http://imgur.com/gallery/f30E4LA

I couldn't figure out how to upload the photos directly so there's the link to Imgur

Town 1: Triart

Pros:
  • Retail is close to the beach
  • The villagers i have are more or less amazing and i love them

Cons:
  • Not thrilled that there's a tiny beach
  • plaza location isnt as close to the town hall as I'd like
  • can't really do anything with the land due to layout
When I made this town I was kind of lucky because I didn't know what I wanted at that time

Town 2: Belgrove

Pros:
  • There is just enough beach and land to be pleasing to the eye
  • the secluded beach is not tiny
  • retail is near the dock for fast selling
  • a south facing waterfall
  • west facing beach
  • town hall is right below the plaza

Cons:
  • Villagers that i would be more than willing to trade
  • A lot of rocks behind houses

Map of PARADISE Updated!

Even though I have already posted my map on here, I wanted to post a updated one which I have added my path system to (I tried to get it as up to scale as possible, but some areas may still be distorted)! :D There are some paths missing as well, but I would rather leave those as a surprise for anyone who wants to visit my Dream Address since they are scenic side areas (which can be found in my signature below)! ;)

Attachments

• Town Map.jpg
    Town Map.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 357
My town map <3

https://imgur.com/a/PgJ5lhB
This was the first town map i chose as i was new to Animal Crossing as a whole and I literally didnt even know i could pick another map until It was too late and I'd progressed too much lol.
Honestly it was a lucky choice. I've really grown to like it over the past few months I've been playing. If anyone has any suggestions, please please do give! I'm new to this, obviously since this is my first town, so I'd love to have all the help I can get.

Pros:
-Some really nice villagers that I'll be keeping!
-Re-tail is in an alright place
-Love the lake design
-My home is in a beautiful place.

Cons:
-My native fruit are oranges. I'd like peaches to be honest, but im not THAT fussy so I'll live lol.
-The bridge on the right was a pain at the start since I have to travel quite a lot to get to places. I'm getting the new bridge built tomorrow and I'll be adding in another one above it in due time.
-Some unwanted villagers
-big chunk of beach on the right i cant reach :/

But yeah, do feel free to give me tips or opinions <3

Back