• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Post any small details we may have overlooked from the direct here!

oh, here's another one: music boxes are customizable! they've got the regular square-shaped ones that were shown when they were announced, and shell-shaped ones (like the new leaf variants) were in marina & alice's HHP rooms.

View attachment 404076
View attachment 404078
View attachment 404080

I missed these so much!
I agree with this so much. I always thought it’d be kind of cool to have more beds/ couches/ other house furniture…but I only have on player character and don’t have more, so didn’t really know how I would possibly end up using so much furniture.

but I had the same ‘ohhh, I get it’ moment.

I can teach you…on how to be a hoarder like me 🥴😋.

I definitely need that space even though i haven’t used up my alt character’s storage yet. To me: the more storage the better - especially if there are more unorderables, more types of materials,

I’m so happy to see some of the rococo set back. Even though I didn’t see in the trailer, it makes me hopeful Gracie will return and her furniture & clothes that aren’t already in the game (like the argyle shirts were given to ables and her hot dog shirt was recycled and turned into a costume for able’s).

I love the new merry go round; I wonder if we and/or the villagers will able to interact with it (like ride it).

I apologize if someone has already brought this up, but these:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I have HIGH hopes, and even suspect, that one of these will give us access to a drag-and-drop mode for decorating outside. Basically how they do decorating in HHD/HHP. We already have that feature for decorating our home interiors, so I am wondering if they'll finally allow us to use it outside, as well.

This is the license you likely bought a long time ago to be able to build inclines
Ah dang. It's been so long that I forgot all about that. One second, I'll try to look it up.
Post automatically merged:

Isn’t this the license to be able to build inclines?
Update: I did some research, and neither of those options were in the original game. They are both completely new.

The Pro Construction License is what allows you to upgrade the # of bridges/inclines, and according to what I found, the pro decorating license supposedly just gives you access to the new HHP styles for interior decorating (i.e. accent walls, partitions, soundscapes, etc.).

Last edited:
Ah dang. It's been so long that I forgot all about that. One second, I'll try to look it up.

Update: I did some research, and neither of those options were in the original game. They are both completely new.

The Pro Construction License is what allows you to upgrdae the # of bridges/inclines, and according to what I found, the pro decorating license just gives you access to the new HHP styles for interior decorating (i.e. accent walls, partitions, soundscapes, etc.).
Thanks for double checking!

View attachment 404233
THIS!!! 😲
🚧 Pro Construction License 🚧
It's in the 2.0 update so it's very safe to say no HHP techniques will be included in it. But it could have something more than the staircase expansion. But they would have mentioned it if it was multiplayer building and construction or something that big

Haven't taken the time to read through everything so this may have already been said, so sorry! Anyway with Harv's new set-up Tortimer is back, but I don't believe they specified exactly what or why he is there. I might had missed it. So I am wondering if they held off showing his because it was something beefy like mini-games coming back or the such.

they're definitely some good ol sticks, its in the HHP section of the videoView attachment 404264
Ah was that part of the HHD dlc or on the free content? It could just be like pre-built in textures/objects that we can't interact with. Because if you notice with the HHD part they put a message right away saying we can't terraform.

Haven't taken the time to read through everything so this may have already been said, so sorry! Anyway with Harv's new set-up Tortimer is back, but I don't believe they specified exactly what or why he is there. I might had missed it. So I am wondering if they held off showing his because it was something beefy like mini-games coming back or the such.
That would have been great but it looks like he acts as a way to access your storage . This way if you forgot something on your island you have access to it without having to go back and forth.
B81D8726-3BEE-4518-9EEB-92D5671BB146.jpeg

@azurill but doesn't that one Dodo bird already do that now? Like that was one of the updates from last year for Harv's island. Granted it was just being able to get it sent to your mail or storage I forget...it's not really that big of a step up if you ask me. Kind of makes him useless.

Some of you may be sad that some of your favorite NPC's have not appeared in the direct. While they may not have a unique purpose, don't forget that you'll likely be able to invite them to the Roost for coffee, and design their house in Happy Home Paradise! You might even be able to get their portraits.

@azurill but doesn't that one Dodo bird already do that now? Like that was one of the updates from last year for Harv's island. Granted it was just being able to get it sent to your mail or storage I forget...it's not really that big of a step up if you ask me. Kind of makes him useless.
I don't think you can retrieve items from Wilbur.

Yea I forget exactly how that worked since I never used it. I think it was just sending things back. They might have been using that as a test. It would have made more sense for me to let you play mini games and just have a storage locker. The only plus I see is if you forgot something you have easy access to it.

The Pro Construction License is what allows you to upgrade the # of bridges/inclines, and according to what I found, the pro decorating license supposedly just gives you access to the new HHP styles for interior decorating (i.e. accent walls, partitions, soundscapes, etc.).
Pro Decorating License is not the HHP content, that you have to pay for. The Pro Decorating License lets you use accent walls and ceiling items; the partition wall, pillars, soundscapes and light temperatures are with the paid DLC.

I’m sure this wasn’t missed my most. But I missed it the first time. Is the poki currency. I don’t remember explaining how we get it. I assume it will be currency you get when you decorate a vacation home for a villager. Kinda like I’m pocket camp. My first thought was maybe there will be mini games and that’s how we get the currency, like in New Leaf, but I doubt it.

I’m sure this wasn’t missed my most. But I missed it the first time. Is the poki currency. I don’t remember explaining how we get it. I assume it will be currency you get when you decorate a vacation home for a villager. Kinda like I’m pocket camp. My first thought was maybe there will be mini games and that’s how we get the currency, like in New Leaf, but I doubt it.

I am pretty sure in the video they said you get it for your work at the resort, which seems to mean decorating vacation homes for your ‘clients’

Back