Positivity Awareness

I hope everyone is enjoying their day today! Anything funny happen?

One time someone said I was funny and I got really excited and hugged a bunch of people
Then another time, my teacher gave me Dionysus for our Greek Gods and Goddesses monologues, and I was so excited I hugged everyone in the room until my teacher told me to sit down or she would give me detention xD

sometimes its wise to contain your excitement haha

i was really happy last year when i made the flag corps
i signed up on a whim and didn't expect to actually get in esp since a lot of the positions in band are considered a popularity contest and im super awk
every time i thought about getting in for the next month or so the initial happiness came back

thank you for making this thread, btw :)

Lowered expectations bring out the happiest moments in my opinon, and you're welcome! Are you still in flag corps?

And that's my main problem as a result of this and my overall experience on the internet, I wanted to be someone who everyone will accept, but I also wanted to be myself. I tried to do both, but realized that is not always possible. Now, I feel empty somewhat, I feel like something is missing, I don't feel like the way I used to, I don't feel complete, I don't feel like... ME. Now, my mission to become ME again and stop trying to be someone I am not.

ME aside, I don't feel it is a good idea to call anyone names, even if they know that they are whatever name you call them, because you aren't making things any better. In fact, you are making things worse. If you feel a certain way about someone you should instead try to help them. Name-calling results to nothing productive.

You make a very good point. Not everyone is going to like you for you! AND THAT'S OKAY! Just steer clear from those people and it will greatly improve your attitude towards yourself and towards others!

Last edited:
"Alot of people look at the negatives about themselves; what they CAN'T do. I look at the positives about myself; what I CAN do."

-Chuck Norris

toucans make me happy maybe they will make you happy idk

These make us happy- what makes you happy?

Dog-GIFs-of-All-Time-27.gif

This makes Fawful happy.
tumblr_mwtnm1gg0o1s8iuy1o2_r3_250_by_pharaoh_ink-d7ewanf.gif

These make Shirohibiki happy.
tumblr_lzcpucIpmR1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

This makes me happy.
toucan.jpg

This makes gamzee happy.

So, what makes you happy?

-giggles- i love this thread ♥

as a very short story from me, im immensely happy when fawful and i roleplay. weve made a lot of characters and have lots of stories dear to my heart. i wouldnt give it up for the world ^u^ it may not seem like much, but when you get attached to things as much as i do it means the world~

-giggles- i love this thread ♥

as a very short story from me, im immensely happy when fawful and i roleplay. weve made a lot of characters and have lots of stories dear to my heart. i wouldnt give it up for the world ^u^ it may not seem like much, but when you get attached to things as much as i do it means the world~

Attachments are great, if they're healthy of course! Glad you have an outlet to let your mind roam free, even better with another person! :)

i havent felt this great for a while. i was laughing and i actually ate today. today was fun i guess. but ill probably go back to being anxious later

i havent felt this great for a while. i was laughing and i actually ate today. today was fun i guess. but ill probably go back to being anxious later

Find out what made you feel so great today and take a mental note!

You're such a great person, SockHead! TBT needs more positivity.

Food, friends, and video games make me happy the most. And today I hung out with one of my IRL friends in New Leaf. We did island tours and I bought a wetsuit. And I also had McDonald's for dinner.

Here's something to make others happy; a disabled chihuahua and his fluffy chicken friend!

tumblr_n0yhsbVHkU1rcreq5o6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0yhsbVHkU1rcreq5o4_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0yhsbVHkU1rcreq5o7_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0yhsbVHkU1rcreq5o8_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I finally had a dinner with my husband who usually closes at his store and can never make it home in time. We talked and ate Chinese :) the little things in life! And that chihuahua pic... <3333333

Invitation to tell a story that will result in walls of text? Wynaut? :p

Okay so I never had a Dad in my life.. As soon as he knocked my Mum up, he vanished, never to contact me or any of my family again.. So, my Grandad was the man of my life while I grew up.. He was everything to me, the perfect role model.. I loved him with all my heart..

He died when I was 12 due to a very rare lung condition.. He had a tough fight, but he fought it right to the end.. When I found out, I dropped to the floor and just cried all night.. I couldn't believe the one true father figure I had, was gone.. And I remember him telling me that despite his illness, his final wish was to see me grow up.. My heart shattered when I realised that that wish wasn't going to be fulfilled.. I was struggling with his loss more than any of my family will ever know, I bottled up all my feelings and didn't tell anyone.. The one final straw that really set me over the edge was how he died.. My Granny walked into their bedroom, and saw him dozing.. She walked up to him, and took his hand and noticed he was getting cold.. She started to cry, and before he went, my Grandad said to her, "I love you with all of my heart, I'll always be with you", then he kissed her hand and said "Good night my angel" before passing.. I just couldn't take it.. I may be a man, but damn it I have deep feelings and I couldn't help but cry..

I was stuck in a downward spiral of depression for about 3 years, stuck in a hard shell from which I couldn't escape..

However when I was 14, I met a guy in my math class who I'd never really talked to, we were in the same form class, but we never really spoke to each other at all.. Neither of us really knew anyone else in the class so we just decided to break the ice.. We got talking and soon got pretty close.. We started to talk more and hang around after school and just talk..

After about a year I decided that it was about time I told someone about my situation.. So I did.. I basically just told him exactly what had happened in my life, and why I was so reserved and shy.. And the response I got was nothing I expected.. When you're on rock bottom, you don't ever expect for anything to get better.. You think you're doomed to a life of misery for the rest of your life.. Well, he just hugged me and said he understood the pain.. He just listened to what I had to say, and said the right things back.. After a few hours of talking.. I realised that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.. It may be faint, but it's there.. Ever since then, he's helped me through so many different situations.. He's constantly helped me get out my downward spiral, and helped me break free from my depression.. He's helped me with relationship issues.. He was also the first person I ever came out as gay too.. He said he was surprised but was caring and understanding, and has always embraced the fact I'm gay.. He doesn't try and force me to hide behind some straight persona so that it's not weird around him.. He's an incredible guy too, he's insanely funny, has a great personality.. I don't know what I'd do without him..

He is the sole reason I'm here telling you this story today.. If not for him, I probably wouldn't be here at all.. Rock bottom can lead you down some very dark paths.. But he showed me that.. Life was worth living, that there's always light at the end of the tunnel..

So yeah that's basically it.. Just wanted to share the story of my best friend, and why he's one of the best things to ever happen in my life :) .. (Oh and while this sounds like a love story, it's not.. It's more of a bromance, haha)

To finish.. I wanna say that to anyone who may look over this and think that you may be on rock bottom.. Don't led the shadows lead you astray down dark paths.. As difficult as your situation may be, you will always have someone or something there who can lead you in the right direction.. It could be a best friend, it could be a family member, it could be your better half.. It could be someone who just appears in your life almost out of nowhere.. Just always remind yourself.. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep smiling everyone.. And this was a great thread idea Sock :)

What do you know about true love? ^^^

Last edited:
Back