• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Population Growing Features You Miss

aieatspeaches

Fighter of the Night Man
Bells
Cake
Are there any features from the original or any other game the wish nintendo would reintroduce?

Personally, I miss the bushy undergrowth you could run through and being able to go in villager homes without them being there.

I didn't play Population Growing, but I really want to have fifteen villagers. It would be so nice. ;-;

Last edited:
Are there any features from the original or any other game the wish nintendo would reintroduce?

Personally, I miss the bushy undergrowth you could run through and being able to go in villager homes without them being there.
I kinda miss that undergrowth too. I also liked being able to place signs freely, no PWPs necessary. And I miss the Lovely Stereo!

Ball...
I want the balls back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh! I also miss the mossy rock furniture...
I literally just had that in my home for the longest time and loved it.
It was like a garden or something and I loved it... so calming.

The sports festival, morning aerobics, my villagers (valise, Leigh, rio, Marcy, Sven, Leopold, sandy, sprocket, woolio, Murphy, twirp, Sven, cleo, Zoe, Ellie... Yes that's my town), cherry blossom festival. Old island

The sports festival, morning aerobics, my villagers (valise, Leigh, rio, Marcy, Sven, Leopold, sandy, sprocket, woolio, Murphy, twirp, Sven, cleo, Zoe, Ellie... Yes that's my town), cherry blossom festival. Old island

Thanks for reminding me- morning aerobics made me laugh so hard every time. The sight of all your villagers doing them- it was like your village was some kind of new age cult. My character did them faithfully though.

I didn't play Population Growing, but I really want to have fifteen villagers. It would be so nice. ;-;

Same. I'm afraid I haven't played the original either, but 15 villagers sounds amazing. That would also instantly mean a larger map, but I guess that won't happen due to system limitations.

I guess there's nothing I miss, but there's lots of stuff I'd like to be reintroduced. I wish that they brought Wisp back in New Leaf! He's so adorable! I'd love to have cute ghosts in the game. I somehow ended up not playing either of the games he was in, so I've never even met him. I'm also told that there were Morning Aerobics or something? That sounds fun.

I also feel like they missed some opportunities with the PWPs. They had a Wishing Well and a Lighthouse you could go inside, and yet we only have a regular Water Well and Lighthouse you can't interact with in NL. I'd be interested in seeing the mysterious person who runs the Lighthouse in this game.

I never played the first Animal Crossing game, but I have watched people play it. But I would love to have 15 villagers instead of 10, the bushes you could run through, going back into villagers' house when they are not there (so I know what furniture to send them instead of saved and opening my save again hoping they are in there house).

Last edited:
Wisp.
Balls.
Aerobics.
Observatory.
Letters in a bottle.
Acorn Festival--I think it would have been a cute way to have a little more Tortimer in the game.

I totally forgot about the balls! That was so fun, and it was always cute when villagers asked you to plant flowers and stuff around their house. And the favors were always a lot more challenging too.

Oh my gosh, all of these posts are making me feel so nostalgic! :eek: I really miss the random balls too, it was so adorable when the villagers would play with them. And I loved all of the festivals/activities that the villagers would participate in. The morning aerobics was obviously the best, but there was New Years (I think) when they would line up and throw coins in the fountain, and that weird festival when they would all throw tiny balls into a hoop. Those things were so cute!

I now seriously want to start a new Gamecube town, but I know I won't have the time to maintain it.

The balls, the dump, 15 villagers and I totally forgot about the undergrowth until it being mentioned here... I miss that too!

I miss the balls, going inside house without the villagers home, the big bushes, aerobics, Boots (the villager), the requests, and a few of the fish.

Last edited:
I miss the dump! Also the balls, as others said. Morning aerobics! Basically all of it. I liked how sometimes the villagers would be a lot ruder to you, that always made me laugh.

I miss the big bushes, having 15 villagers, and the random balls you could play with. I remember me being in the second grade and playing this game for the first time haha. Those feels!

i've never played it but wow ;~; alot of these features seem so cool i wish they bring some back in the next game

Never played Population Growing, but I do love the idea of being able to have 15 villagers living in your town.
Maybe in the next Animal Crossing, they could bring that back and reserve a few slots for villagers invited in through the campsite.

I wish that your town in New Leaf could have up to 15 like in the original.

Back