• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Popular villagers you don't like?

Probably Zucker for me - I had him in my town for a while but I guess I'm just not a fan of the octopi. I don't hate him though.

Marshal, he’s overrated. He’s cute and all but he’s just your average cranky squirrel Villager.

Marshal is very overrated, the reason I have him is because I love the squirrel villagers.. other then that he would be like Diana and Merengue not living in my towns.

Diana randomly moved into my spare town and I'm thinking about restarting it..

Last edited:
I also never liked Ankha. She has a cool concept but when I actually saw her in-game she was just ehhh to me.. Same with Diana, who has such a nice color scheme but just looks ugly to me in the game for some reason??
Also not sure how popular Colton is but I don't like him either. Or Zucker and Flurry.

Merengue, not a fan of the rhinos and hippos in general so ehh..And most elephants, I don't like them at all.

Also Penelope because her cheek eczema and most mice in general.

I don't like Deirdres design or Zucker and Marina, simply because they're octopi (octopodes?). Also not a big fan of Julian, but I don't know if he's considered popular?

I can understand the reasoning for why Julian is so popular - because he's a unicorn. But in my opinion, he looks very similar to Colton who is very underrated compared to Julian, I wish I could see more towns with Colton in.

I really don't get why Marshal is so popular. Personally I find his miserable face off putting and would choose a different smug over him

Marshal, doesn't really look right

I had him in my first town and voided him not knowing he was popular

There are a few. Ankha is cool, but I really prefer simple villager designs that could fit a whole bunch of town themes/aesthetics. And Marshal and Julian are cool villagers, too, but there are wayyyy better smug characters in my opinion (and I'm partial to smugs!).

Marshal. I just really, really don't get the hype. Other populars it's always like
STRAWBERRY RHINO and MUMMY PUPPY and TEDDY BEAR and UNICORN and Marshal is just... squirrel.

I like most of the popular villagers, and some of the not-so-popular ones! As for the popular ones I don't care for, I never saw the appeal for Merengue? ;3; I mean, well yes, she's a strawberry rhino and that's sort of cute... but I don't like the Rhinos in general. They seem so bulky compared to the other villagers, though I will admit Merengue is the cutest Rhino. For me, it's really just the animal type that bothers me!

Back