Pokémon Pokkén Tournament: Discussion and Speculation

screenshot-57-png.92484

:lemon:

I may use Chandelure, but I have to see some gameplay first.

espeon, umberon, cubone, diglet, dugtrio and quagsire added as support pokemon

If anyone decides to make a tournament, I found this nice gif that could be used as a header:
giphy.gif

Anyone else finding the Chroma league pretty easy? It doesn't seem to be very challenging, I've gotten a few perfects on it even.

Last edited:
If anyone decides to make a tournament, I found this nice gif that could be used as a header:

Anyone else finding the Chroma league pretty easy? It doesn't seem to be very challenging, I've gotten a few perfects on it even.

I likey that gif! I haven't done the Chroma League yet since I just unlocked it yesterday.

People online really piss me off during duel phase and they decide "Hey, I've got projectiles! I'll just keep spamming them since I've got unlimited!"

Last edited:
Anyone think we might be able to do a tourney?

I got an hour or so of playing today and I'm loving it so far. Sceptile is my main man. I'm looking forward to playing with the lot of ya as I polish my Pokken skills.

Got whooped by a Dark Mewtwo. Literally every attack I did he broke through it with that bubbly looking attack?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyone think we might be able to do a tourney?

I'd like to, but not just yet.

Yeah stances trip me up, I forget which moves are which button any way, add in that I needed to be pressing up and be in the right phase and I'm like effffffffff me

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would get dropped into a Gengar mouth eaten in a tournament lol

I'm sorry, I absolutely refuse to play anyone on here who mains Charizard. This guy had 80% wins with him and was completely inexperienced. I beat him the first time, but then it found another match with him. I had a good amount of health left and I countered, but he grabbed me (which I know is super effective), but it dealt the damage of a synergy burst move. Charizard needs a mega nerf.

Edit: Okay, this actually might be my fault... I read online skill points DO effect ranked matches? If that's true, I really wish it would have told me that since I've just been shoving my skill points half assedly because I didn't think they did effect online.

Last edited:
Skill points barely matter. 1 point in whatever stat you put it in only improves it by .1%. So if you put 50 skill points into attack, you would only do 5% more when attacking. You should manage them and not just throw them at stats randomly, but they don't make a huge impact at all.

Skill points barely matter. 1 point in whatever stat you put it in only improves it by .1%. So if you put 50 skill points into attack, you would only do 5% more when attacking. You should manage them and not just throw them at stats randomly, but they don't make a huge impact at all.
I had was thinking of just focusing my points in one stat to make it more effective (kind of like ev training.)

Is synergy burst just as useless? ._.

Before I got the game: Aw yiss Weavile, gonna main
After buying the game: Weavile actually sucks

Don't like how Weavile handles at all, I'm loving my boy Machamp though.

I don't like playing against Weavile because of their super long combos. I hate being up in the air for 10+ seconds even if it's not doing much damage.

I know next to nothing about this game. My best guess is that it's mix of Pokemon and Smash? I'm just wondering as I'm looking into possibly getting it. I'd watch some videos of it but my internet is terribly slow.

Last edited:
Back