• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield General Discussion

Normal because they’re both bland af

Or maybe, Zacian could be Steel/Dark as Zazametal could be Steel/Fairy.

We had teams of Flying legendary Pok?mon, Psychic legendary Pok?mon, and Dragon legendary Pok?mon. A team of Steel legendary Pok?mon as the box cover Pok?mon might be interesting.

We had teams of Flying legendary Pok?mon, Psychic legendary Pok?mon, and Dragon legendary Pok?mon. A team of Steel legendary Pok?mon as the box cover Pok?mon might be interesting.
Yeah too bad they aren’t interesting lol

Not having a National Dex is super dumb and they should have delayed the game to create time to fix everything before launch. Too much Pokemon Go fandom pleasing with the Dynamax **** and the raid battles.. Only the open field with walking Pokemon in it looks cool. I bought every Pokemon game except for Let's go and I'm seriously considering not buying Sword and Shield.

I don't think GameFreak realizes the people who will choose, or are considering, not buying the games can make or break the sales. I think it's more then just dumb. I think it's a bad business decision.

I think Steel is pretty likely for both of them tbh. If Fairy and Dark, I’d switch them between the two.

Also, random question: those aren’t wings on Zacian, right? ...right?

Clearly the one with the sword will be fighting.

I think Steel is pretty likely for both of them tbh. If Fairy and Dark, I’d switch them between the two.

Also, random question: those aren’t wings on Zacian, right? ...right?

They actually do look like wings. But they may be strands of fur blown by wind.

Zamazenta***

Zazametal made me cringe a bit it's like Melmetal absorbed Zamazenta

Zamazenta***

Zazametal made me cringe a bit it's like Melmetal absorbed Zamazenta

I didn’t know how to spell it. Please, no criticism towards me. I’m a very sensitive person, and I don’t take criticism too kindly.

Regardless of spelling, I predict that it will be a Steel/Fairy type. Or Fairy/Steel type. The sword Pok?mon’s sword can cut through anything, which makes me think it’s a Dark type. The shield Pok?mon’s shield can block any attack, which makes me think it’s a Fairy type. And since swords and shields are made of metal, I predict that both will have the Steel type.

I didn’t know how to spell it. Please, no criticism towards me. I’m a very sensitive person, and I don’t take criticism too kindly.

Regardless of spelling, I predict that it will be a Steel/Fairy type. Or Fairy/Steel type. The sword Pok?mon’s sword can cut through anything, which makes me think it’s a Dark type. The shield Pok?mon’s shield can block any attack, which makes me think it’s a Fairy type. And since swords and shields are made of metal, I predict that both will have the Steel type.

You made a mistake and that's okay lol it's not a big deal... I too make mistakes and you just gotta deal with it *shrug*

Anyways steel typing makes sense but my prediction is that they're pure grass type, both of them :lemon:

Last edited:
Another question I have to ask. Since the third generation, the box cover legendary Pok?mon all came in a trio. This was especially more interesting in the fifth generation since there hasn’t been a third game in the last three generations. For a white dragon and a black dragon, there was a gray dragon. Even the other typings if grouped together are common outside Pok?mon. For an X Pok?mon and a Y Pok?mon, there was a Z Pok?mon. For a sun beast and a moon beast, there was a light absorbing beast. What would be the third one if we have a sword Pok?mon and a shield Pok?mon?

What would be the third one if we have a sword Pok?mon and a shield Pok?mon?

Well for how on the nose the designs for Zacian and Zamazenta are...how about a Sword AND Shield Pok?mon? lol
It is a classic combo after all xD

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should give Gen 8 a chance or not. It's been years since I played a Pokemon game
(Pokemon Shuffle on the 3DS to be exact). So far, Sword & Shield didn't really appealing to me. I
already skipped the Let's Go games because I had no interest in them at all. The cover legendaries
are kinda boring, their designs looking too similar, which kinda bothers me. And from the starters,
none of three can really convinced me (Scorbunny looks like as if he becomes another Fire/Fighter.
It would be lame if this is the case). The only thing I like at the moment is the region, at least from
it's idea that it's based of England/the UK in general.

Maybe I will make a last minute decision by picking up one of the versions or skip them too. I just
have the fear to waste money on a game which ends up on my shelf after just two days because
I have zero motivation to continue it.

When I first read Zacian’s and Zazamenta’s descriptions, I took them literally.

Case in point, if Zazamenta was on Alderaan when the Death Star shot at Alderaan, Zazamenta would block the attack, thus firing back at the Death Star. The Death Star would be destroyed instead of Alderaan all thanks to Zazamenta.

They posted a new video about the games on twitter, featuring new Pokemon and NPCs.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1148219914747928576

That ice cream (?) Pokemon is kinda cute, not gonna lie. But I'm not a fan of that "Gigantamaxing"
feature.

I really enjoyed the mega evolution feature, and the z-moves for alola in addition to regional variants were alright too. But at this point I'm really tired of them implementing these random battle features that don't really make a lot of sense, only to discard them for the next games and we never see them again.

The dog is really cute, but the rest is kinda meh. Also why does the ghost gym looks like a Shy Guy?

I'm honestly not feeling gigamax/gigantamax nor that the gyms look like some soccer field stadium. Gen 5 gyms were my favorite. Exclusive gym leaders are nice though. I wonder how many there are going to be.

Alcremie is really cute. Makes me wonder if people mistake it for dessert. I'm sure team rocket would.

Last edited:
Back