• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Pokemon- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
told you all the demo would hit the west :)

also bless primal groudons new ability nulling out Kyogre's OP
From the screenshots it looks like the demo will be quite good :p
And yess P.Groudons ability makes me so happy, all the Kyogre fans have been thinking that they can wipe out P.Groudon and they are wrong!!
Edit @ 15:15; The Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Soundtrack to come to Japan on December 6th while the Pok?mon Center will receive special edition New 3DS XL units in Japan.

orassoundtrack.jpg
new3dsxl.jpg
I really want those soundtracks and the Groudon 3DS XL! The soundtracks will be put on iTunes eventually probably, like all the other game soundtracks.
also this was on the pre release image page on serebii. idk how pre release **** works, but it looks like brendan's name was changed to orlando?? tbh idk it probs hasnt but..

35.jpg
36.jpg
The demo character also has that name so I don't know, I hope it was just an example name- I prefer Brandon over Orlando.

ORAS microsite said:
Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire will be compatible with Pok?mon Bank starting from the day of release. Bring the Pok?mon you've been raising with such care with you on your next great adventure!

Pok?mon Bank is an application that allows you to connect your system in the Nintendo 3DS family to your own Internet-based Boxes and store your precious Pok?mon there to be withdrawn later.

If your Pok?mon are deposited in the Pok?mon Bank, then even if you somehow lose your game, your deposited Pok?mon can be transferred to a new game.
This is good and not good, good because I can fill up my Pokedex quicker and move over some of my low level Pokemon is necessary and bad because you are going to get a new trainer with no badges running around with a level 100 *insert uber pokemon here*...

Last edited:
This is Marshtomp's face- <(-0_0-)>
He's seen things nobody should ever see...

SjLXWPh.png

Just in, Team Magma Admin Courtney is a Cyberman.

I like how Wally's overworld changes through the game:
OFJDhoo.png

From all neatly buttoned up to...
tDRY6ET.png

looking like a badass with his shirt all open and stuff.

Last edited:
mega gallades stat increases (dont think theyve been posted)

Pok?mon ‏@Pokemon 7m

Mega Gallade gains increased Attack and Speed stats, as well as the Inner Focus Ability! pic.twitter.com/FVBBRdhKDl

Kyogre having heavy rain ability is pretty useless besides the fact it will make water moves more powerful but nobody would use a fire type move on a kyogre while groudons harsh sunlight is actually extremely beneficial.

Plus what happens when they face each other??

Some more screenshots of Brendan being called Orlando...
image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's also some pics from that Magma/Aqua double battle that we were talking about earlier

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really hope Brendan's name doesn't get changed. May's too.

Last edited:
I plan on playing as Brendan sooooo it doesn't really matter if his name is Orlando. It's not a bad name either.

It's weird to change the default names though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But maybe they changed it because Brendan is similar to that battle pyramid guy, Brandon

Kyogre having heavy rain ability is pretty useless besides the fact it will make water moves more powerful but nobody would use a fire type move on a kyogre while groudons harsh sunlight is actually extremely beneficial.

Plus what happens when they face each other??

I think what will happen is that heavy rain is the only weather that can cancel extremly harsh sunlight and vice versa.(depends on which one is slower.

So kyogre slower than groudon=heavy rain
groudon slower than kyogre=extremely harsh sunlight

I think what will happen is that heavy rain is the only weather that can cancel extremly harsh sunlight and vice versa.(depends on which one is slower.

So kyogre slower than groudon=heavy rain
groudon slower than kyogre=extremely harsh sunlight

yup. i assume it'll either be this or they'll cancel each other out

yup. i assume it'll either be this or they'll cancel each other out

I'm wondering if the faster one will keep the weather. In the video, it showed that the weather couldn't be changed at all, so the faster one might be the one to change the weather.

Wouldn't the weather status depend on when you decide to Primal De-evolve them? If Groudon Primevolved after Kyogre (say 1 turn later) I'd assume it would be Harsh Sunlight

Here's also some pics from that Magma/Aqua double battle that we were talking about earlier

thats why i speculated maybe the demo was like emeralds storyline??
i dont really remember much of the SL's from RSE but basically from what i remember, ruby had you pitted against team magma who wanted to awaken groudon to expnd the land or w/e and team aqua helped you stop them. sappphire was the reverse but aqua awakening kyogre with magma helping you
and then emerald i think (ok honestly i dont remember so im just making this up LOL) had both team aqua and magma wanting to expand the sea/land respectively, and you had no team helping you. so maybe the demo has the emerald SL where they both wanna awaken whoever instead of one wanting to awaken one and the other team helping you, hence the double battle?
or the demo could be totally irrelevant to the canon SL who knows. but i doubt they'd make two separate demos (as in one for OR and another for AS) so they wouldve just made one and then put the evil teams together so you battle them both instead of them making two separate ones
idk i kinda dont know how to explain what im trying to say but TL;DR there will probably be one overall ORAS demo, and not one for OR and another for AS so they just put them together since there is one demo saving them making two separate demos, because that makes the most sense?
just an FYI in addition to this, I was basically right in what I had (or at least half way there). On the Pokemon wesbite they basically state that the demo has "exclusive gameplay" which you cant get anywhere else, so it wont be in the main game. the website also had the pics of the magma/aqua double battle on the demo page, which confirms what i said about it being for demo purposes only, and not in the main storyline (also looks like its takes place in mossodeep city). Also as we know you can chose between the three second stage hoenn starters as your 'starter' pokemon for the game. It also kinda hints that this will be the pokemon that can mega evolve, and you can transfer it over to the full version of the game, along with special items you find in the demo. So if this is the case, I'd assume most people would pick the started they're not picking in ORAS, excluding blaziken. Since you could get the blazikenite in XY, and you get another started megastone in the actual games, and then you can also complete the set by picking the other starter in the demo.

"Start your next Hoenn region adventure early with a special demo version of Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire. This demo features gameplay that you won’t experience anywhere else. During the course of this adventure, you’ll be surprised to encounter familiar Pok?mon that can now Mega Evolve! What’s more, you can bring this Pok?mon into your full Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire game. You can even bring over the reward items that you obtained during your Special Demo Version adventure. Stay tuned for details on how to bring the Pok?mon and items into your full game."

also I guess for anyone confused about the purposes of the demo, it'll be easier to say its more of a non canon side story that you can play before the game instead of a demo of the game. Anyway, really looking forward to it, we should probably get it next month (mid/late october would be my guess), so we should be getting details in the coming weeks, if not by the next coro coro/reveal trailer (tbh probs will be the reveal trailer since coro coro said they'd hae details then, and i doubt theyd publish the details before coro coro)

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-au/cool-features/special-demo-version

Last edited:
Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 27m

Serebii Update: New Pok?mon ΩRαS Global Link details and aesthetics revealed. Details @ http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

- - - Post Merge - - -

In The Games Department

Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Global Link Details

Following yesterdays official reveal of the various bits of Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire information, a new clear image has come out that showcases the various features of the Pok?mon Global Link in the new games. The aesthetics of the Global Link remain the same, but there are new features including the ability to upload photos you take during Pok?mon Contest, and the game keeping track of the popular places to build Super Secret Bases. It also shows that Rating Battle Season 7 will begin and be compatible simultaneously with both X & Y and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This also gives a hint of an upcoming Battle Competition called the Trainer Pok?mon Battle, though this could just be for the sake of the image. The Global Link also confirms that there will be several days of downtime ahead of the release of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. We'll bring more as it comes

orasgloballink.jpg

From the screenshots it looks like the demo will be quite good :p
And yess P.Groudons ability makes me so happy, all the Kyogre fans have been thinking that they can wipe out P.Groudon and they are wrong!!

I really want those soundtracks and the Groudon 3DS XL! The soundtracks will be put on iTunes eventually probably, like all the other game soundtracks.

The demo character also has that name so I don't know, I hope it was just an example name- I prefer Brandon over Orlando.

This is good and not good, good because I can fill up my Pokedex quicker and move over some of my low level Pokemon is necessary and bad because you are going to get a new trainer with no badges running around with a level 100 *insert uber pokemon here*...

But thode ubers wont listen to the new trainers without badges

Hey guys I just remembered that Calem and Serena were called Xavier and Yvonne in the prerelease stuff, so maybe Brendan's name isn't changing.

If it is though that would be weird with me because I'm playing as the girl character, so calling Brendan Orlando would be awkward. But you never know so yeah

Sharpedo's mega doesn't look different at all. Also will pokebank have a free trial like last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back