• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokemon- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it already been revealed which megastones are exclusive to one of the editions (besides Groudon and Kyogre)?

I think I'll end up buying both but Omega Ruby for sure is top priorty

And I'll certainly buy OR too because Ruby was one of my favourite games in the GBA era. (and I like Groudon too on top of that)
But I also like blue more than red (the colours not the games) so AS would be a possible choice as well..

i was so happy to hear primal groudon's ability

it'll be uber because of that, as it eliminates its water weakness
kyogre will be horrible since grass types

Sharpedo's mega doesn't look different at all. Also will pokebank have a free trial like last time?

It does in the official artwork coz it has blades coming out of its nose but for some reason it's in game model doesn't have them lol?,??

i was so happy to hear primal groudon's ability

it'll be uber because of that, as it eliminates its water weakness
kyogre will be horrible since grass types
Yea, not to mention thunder has a 100% his rate in the rain so rip kyogre

And I'll certainly buy OR too because Ruby was one of my favourite games in the GBA era. (and I like Groudon too on top of that)
But I also like blue more than red (the colours not the games) so AS would be a possible choice as well..
I share the struggle.

Just preordered my limited editoin steel book version of Alpha sapphire from GAME

Rayquaza appearance confirmed in Mega evolutions act 2 anime thing. ~ Hinting at primal/mega-Rayquaza? ~ poster image on serebii.

They probably won't do that until closer to launch or afterwards.

I imagine only about half the mega-evos will be revealed before release anyway like XY. And a couple that aren't revealed are probably version exclusives, so we'll just have to wait and if you're pre-ordering take a gamble and base decisions on original RS exclusives.
Besides they might pull another 'This pokemon is OR exclusive but it's mega-stone is only in AS.' BS.

Last edited:
Rayquaza appearance confirmed in Mega evolutions act 2 anime thing. ~ Hinting at primal/mega-Rayquaza? ~ poster image on serebii.

This is what I'm confused about tbh.

They've done a good job at hindering Rayquaza's appearance until this months coro coro... Like basically ever since we learned about primal groudon/kyogre we knew that Rayquaza would be getting a mega/primal/something else, it was inevitable.
But they just seem to be being secretive about this?? In this months issue they said Rayquaza had a connection to mega evolution, but didn't actually reveal it's mega/primal/whatever. Along with that hint, and the fact almost everyone expects it, I don't get why they didn't reveal it

I mean, by the looks of it, it really does look like they plan on revealing it in this mega evolution II special... but why? The revealed Mega Charizard X in an anime special last year, but that made sense, it was for hype, but also because no one expected it at all (well there was a leak of Mega Charizard X due to XY releasing early, which came a few hours before it aired but everyone assumed it was fake). And like, if they do plan on making this the "official reveal", then we can assume it wont appear in next months coro coro either, and will instead appear in the next months issue (as the special airs in November 6th, and then we'll get more details about it in that months coro coro).

I'm guessing Rayquaza has something to do post game, and since we aren't really expecting an Emerald version, that's probably why they've been hiding Rayquaza for so long, to keep it hidden, and for us to discover ourselves post game. Like even the Pokemon Twitter tweeted something like "Rayquaza confirmed for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire!!" like???? there was a chance it wouldn't be in the game?? as if anyone thought it wouldn't be in the game... I was so confused by that tweet tbh. So many things revolving around Rayquaza don't make sense, makes me wonder if we'll get a third type of mega evolution this game (along side regular mega and then primal evolution), that will be exclusive to Rayquaza, or even getting the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment and receiving two megas. If Rayquaza doesn't get something unique this game then something seems really off in my eyes, unless they really are planning on doing a Delta Emerald (which I really, really, really doubt)... but that's a different story all together.

I imagine only about half the mega-evos will be revealed before release anyway like XY. And a couple that aren't revealed are probably version exclusives, so we'll just have to wait and if you're pre-ordering take a gamble and base decisions on original RS exclusives.
Besides they might pull another 'This pokemon is OR exclusive but it's mega-stone is only in AS.' BS.
They will undoubtedly pull another exclusive stone thing, how else are they going to get people to trade besides version exclusive Pokemon? Want all the stone, buy both. :)

This is what I'm confused about tbh.

They've done a good job at hindering Rayquaza's appearance until this months coro coro... Like basically ever since we learned about primal groudon/kyogre we knew that Rayquaza would be getting a mega/primal/something else, it was inevitable.
But they just seem to be being secretive about this?? In this months issue they said Rayquaza had a connection to mega evolution, but didn't actually reveal it's mega/primal/whatever. Along with that hint, and the fact almost everyone expects it, I don't get why they didn't reveal it

I mean, by the looks of it, it really does look like they plan on revealing it in this mega evolution II special... but why? The revealed Mega Charizard X in an anime special last year, but that made sense, it was for hype, but also because no one expected it at all (well there was a leak of Mega Charizard X due to XY releasing early, which came a few hours before it aired but everyone assumed it was fake). And like, if they do plan on making this the "official reveal", then we can assume it wont appear in next months coro coro either, and will instead appear in the next months issue (as the special airs in November 6th, and then we'll get more details about it in that months coro coro).

I'm guessing Rayquaza has something to do post game, and since we aren't really expecting an Emerald version, that's probably why they've been hiding Rayquaza for so long, to keep it hidden, and for us to discover ourselves post game. Like even the Pokemon Twitter tweeted something like "Rayquaza confirmed for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire!!" like???? there was a chance it wouldn't be in the game?? as if anyone thought it wouldn't be in the game... I was so confused by that tweet tbh. So many things revolving around Rayquaza don't make sense, makes me wonder if we'll get a third type of mega evolution this game (along side regular mega and then primal evolution), that will be exclusive to Rayquaza, or even getting the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment and receiving two megas. If Rayquaza doesn't get something unique this game then something seems really off in my eyes, unless they really are planning on doing a Delta Emerald (which I really, really, really doubt)... but that's a different story all together.
Perhaps Rayquaza gets a new ability that disables Megas? Or retains the no weather ability and can completely nullify the Primal abilities. At this point it would be silly for it to not get a new Mega and there was that unknown Mega-Stone from Mega Evolution I Special that didn't match any of the currently known mega-stones.

Okay guys, the time has come around that I'm gonna have to close this thread and unstick it and you guys will have to use the general thread.

Nobody is at fault here so don't worry. Just doing it because of the amount of clutter we have stickied in the Nintendo section right now and we'll need to make room for future threads. The new general thread will be up in a few minutes after me closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back