• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
3DXY1f0.jpg

For the 15th anniversary (Japan release) of the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, Red/Blue
Rescue Team, The Pokemon Company announced in yesterday's Pokemon Direct that a remake of
said games will coming out for the Nintendo Switch: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX.

The game will be release on March 6th, 2020. A demo is available at the eShop.

After waiting for so long to finally getting a new MD game, I was so happy about this announcement,
like I found this even more interesting than the Sword and Shield content they present afterwards, lol.
Although I was surprise that they actually made a remake instead of an entirely new title. But hey, I
loved and enjoyed playing Red/Blue Rescue Team back then, playing both titles combined again in
a new style and on a new console will be a fun experience for sure. Overall, I'm also just so happy
that they didn't forget about the Mystery Dungeon series at all. Hope to see more in the future.

So, anyone else here excited for it?​

I’m super excited for it! I can’t wait for this to come out. I’m just curious as to how faithful it will be to the original works. Hopefully it’s more like Red/Blue Rescue Team and less like Gates to Infinity and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. I wonder which Pokemon there will be to choose from as well. Overall, really looking forward to it! :D

Oh, I'm so excited for it! I absolutely love the first two series of Mystery Dungeon, but after playing Explorers of Sky going back to Red/Blue was super jarring. And honestly I'm happy that it's a remake of the oldest titles rather than a new installment that doesn't know what to do with itself. I just have zero faith in them, I love the old ones too much.
Pokemon-Mystery-Dungeon-DX-best-starter.png

The art style is very unique. I think it'll be a turn-off for a lot of players, but personally I love it. It just looks very artistic and fresh to me, and I'm really excited to play this one again. I think I only played through it once. I just wish it wasn't a March release, but I guess at least it comes out early enough to be beatable by New Horizons release. :lemon:

I'm super excited. Red and Blue were so fun for me and I totally didn't expect them to do a remake of those games. But I definitely am interested in getting it when it releases. :D

I'm looking forward to it, loved the soundtrack from blue rescue team. Such a nice storyline too and so many dungeons

I loved Blue Rescue Team growing up! Unfortunately as I grew older, my interest for dungeon crawlers diminished so I won't be getting it.

I'm so hyped!!! I'm currently replaying pmd Blue, Time, and Sky and plan to get Red, Darkness, Super, and Gates! The pmd games mean so much to me and I'm super stoked that there's gonna be a remake!

When I heard a new Pok?mon Mystery dungeon game was being released, I was pretty excited. I thought for a moment that Pok?mon Mystery dungeon was going to meet a similar fate as some of the other Pok?mon spin-offs. Despite Super Mystery dungeon being somewhat of a disappointment, I still enjoyed the story and I'm glad they took risks with it.

When I saw the trailer for PMD: DX, I was a slightly bummed that it was a remake (Blue Rescue Team, since I'm familiar with the plot already) and I thought the art syle was a bit odd, but I'm hyped, at the same time, because I still like Mystery dungeon, and hopefully this is an indication that not only will there be more Pok?mon Mystery Dungeons to come, but that they'll also go back to what made the first two games unique and memorable.

The Switch is looking better and better each time.

Back