• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Favourite Pokemon City/Town Themes

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
What are your favourite city/town themes from the Pokemon games? Feel free to share remixes too!

Here's mine! Going through all the town songs was a nice nostalgic ride.

Kanto: Cerulean City/Fuchsia City
Johto: Azalea Town/Blackthorn City, Violet City/Olivine City, Goldenrod City
Hoenn: Petalburg City, Sootopolis City, Evergrande City
Sinnoh: Jubilife City, Hearthome City, Snowpoint City, Sunyshore City, Pokemon League (counting this lol)
Unova: Accumula Town, Driftveil City, Undella Town, Virbank City
Kalos: N/A
Alola: N/A
Galar: N/A
Paldea: N/A

(I put N/A for the regions I don't have favourite themes for yet).

All of these are for the original versions of the games, not their remakes.

Kanto: Lavender Town, Palette Town
Johto: Ecruteak City
Hoenn: Petalberg City, Verdanturf Town
Sinnoh: Sunnyshore City (Day), Jubilife City (Night)
Unova: Driftveil City, Undella Town (Spring/Autumn/Winter)

I don't really remember much of the music for the games that released after this, even the ones I played fairly recently. If you can't tell, I have a bit of a bias towards the more calming and relaxed melodies in this series.

Last edited:
Kanto: Celadon City, Saffron/Viridian/Pewter City (from Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Johto: New Bark Town, Ecruteak City, Azalea Town
Hoenn: Verdanturf Town
Sinnoh: Eterna City, Sunyshore City (day for both)
Unova: Driftveil City, Accumula Town, Black City, Castelia City. While technically not a town, I'll include Village Bridge on here as well since it may as well be one. Gen 5 had an incredible soundtrack.

I don't have much experience with later generations so I don't have an opinion on their town themes.

Gen 1: Vermillion City, Lavender Town
Gen 2: Ecruteak City, Azalea Town
Gen 3: Fortree City, Sootopolis City
Gen 4: Sunyshore City (Sinnoh); Ecruteak City (Johto)
Gen 5: Castelia City, Opelucid City (both versions), Icirrus City, Undella Town (summer) and Village Bridge
Gen 6: Laverre City
Gen7: none
Gen 8: Stow on Side
Gen 9: Levincia

I love, love, LOVE Pokémon town/city music more than anything else, well besides Pokémon battle music, and I find myself listening to the OSTs almost every day, especially when I'm out on a nature walk or just at home drawing or doing whatever, really. I have sooooo many faves so this list was easy yet not easy to make lol but here are the ones that instantly come to mind for each Gen:
  • Kanto: Viridian/Pewter/Saffron City (FireRed/LeafGreen version)
  • Johto: Cherrygrove City (the original GSC) Ecruteak/Cianwood City (the original and HeartGold/SoulSilver versions) Violet City and Azalea Town (this one's weird: I actually prefer the FireRed/LeafGreen Sevii Islands remixed versions of these two themes)
  • Hoenn: Lilycove City (mostly the original RSE version though the ORAS version sounds really nice, too) Slateport City, Fortree City, Dewford Town, Sootopolis City, Ever Grande City (ORAS version)
  • Sinnoh: Floaroma Town (night version) Eterna City (night version, but also the daytime version for BDSP) Solaceon Town (night version)
  • Unova: Nuvema Town, Anville Town, Nacrene City, Opelucid City (white version only) Village Bridge, Humilau City
  • Kalos: Vaniville Town, Laverre City, Snowbelle City
  • Alola: none
  • Galar: none
  • Paldea: Mesagoza (mostly because I spend so much time in the academy taking classes lol)
imo the quality of Pokémon music as a whole (the town/city themes, battle, route, etc.) was the very best like no one ever was during the DS era. That's when it was the most memorable and actually sounded like it belonged to Pokémon. It started to turn blandish in Gen 6, though it picked back up in Gen 7 mainly because of the battle themes, then dropped in quality again in Gen 8, then became somewhat good again in Gen 9, but overall the quality has just been deteriorating. Like, it's just not the same anymore. Nowadays the tracks are missing that certain special Pokémon feel to it.

Gen 1: Cerulean City
Gen 2: Blackthorn City
Gen 3: ALL OF THEM????? Ohhh if I have to choose just one, absolutely Petalburg. Both in the original & remake. Though Lilycove is absolutely right next to it.
Gen 4: Snowpoint City (I haven't actually played this gen much so uhhhh oops.)
Gen 5: BITES A TREE I LOVE EVERY SONG IN THIS OST. Driftveil City, Castelia City and Black City are tied for #1.
Gen 6: Lumiose City. This song is like the default "brain vacuum" song in my head whenever I start thinking idly, just because of how much time I spent skating around the area for shining hatching. Though Anistar, Snowbelle and Laverre are like right on the edge of being there too.
Gen 7: Heahea City Night, Malie City Night
Gen 8: Kind of a weaker generation for town themes IMO, but Spikemuth.

Didn't play the newest gen soooo no opinion.

Kanto: Lavender Town, Vermilion City
Johto: Ecruteak City
Hoenn: Verdanturf Town, Sootopolis City
Sinnoh: Snowpoint City
Unova: Lacunosa Town, Opelucid City (Black), Black City
Kalos: Shalour City, Anistar City
Alola: Po Town, Mallie City
Galar: Ballonlea, Stow-On-Side, Spikemuth
Paldea: Alfornada, Levincia

It's a shame that they changed Lavender Town's theme after Gen 1; I love the original because of the creepiness.

Nobody has mentioned the ABSOLUTE VIBE that is Sw/Sh's Motostoke theme. Tell me you're not vibing when listening to it. Still, Stow-On-Side or Chirchester probably take the cake for the best theme.

Oh boy this one is going to be interesting for me:

Kanto: Vermillion City (FireRed/LeafGreen version)

Johto: GoldenRod City (HeartGold/Soulsiver version)

Hoenn: Slateport City (ORAS version)

Sinnoh: Canalave City (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum version)

Unova: Nimbasa City (Black/White version)

Kalos: Lumiose City

Alola: Iki Town (not a huge fan of the towns in this region)

Galar: Postwick (its okay I guess and again not a fan of the towns in this region)

Paldea: Don't have a favorite.

I don't really have an opinion about most of the music, I think I'd have to go through them all and pick out my faovurites as I cant think of them off the top of my head. I do know my absolute favourite is Aspertia City from BW2 though. I feel like it's very overlooked.

I don't have strong memories of any game music past gen 3 so please don't mind all the N/As...

Kanto: Vermillion, Cinnabar
Johto: Azalea, Violet, Lavender. (Honestly all of the themes are bops for gen 2)
Hoenn: Slateport, Sootopolis

Sinnoh: Solaceon/Pastoria (probably?)

Unova: N/A
Kalos: N/A
Alola: N/A
Galar: N/A
Paldea: N/A

Gen 1: Vermilion City
Gen 2: Goldenrod City and I adore the remixes of the Kanto city themes, especially Vermilion and Pewter City.
Gen 3: Verdanturf Town
Gen 4: Canalave City
Gen 5: Nothing stood out to me. (the route themes are where B/W shine)
Gen 6: Lumiose City, Laverre City and Anistar City. Snowbelle is memorable, too.
Gen 7: Hau'oli City (Night) and Malie City (Night)
Gen 8: Circhester and Hammerlocke Town
Gen 9: I've got nothing, very forgettable themes IMO.

Gen 5: Nothing stood out to me. (the route themes are where B/W shine)
One must never forget the great furret walcc (uh I mean Accumula town)
Gen 9: I've got nothing, very forgettable themes IMO.
In my opinion, Cascaraffa is probably the best Gen 9 town theme. Montenevera has that awesome vibe every snowy town in Pokemon has, so it's a firm second.
You're right, though, as Mesagoza and Cascaraffa are probably the only not-that-forgettable town themes. This is mainly because most of them (this excludes Mesagoza, Cascaraffa, Lavencia, Alfornada, and maybe Medali, I don't remember) don't have any of their own actual themes per se but instead remix the tunes of the area they are in.

The ones that come to mind are Ecruteak City (HGSS), Sootopolis City, Lacunosa Town, Laverre City, Snowbelle City and Circhester. Also LeafGreen was my first Pokémon game so all of those themes are up there.

Oh this'll be fun!

Kanto: Lavender Town
Johto: Goldenrod City
Hoenn: Oldale Town/Verdanturf Town
Sinnoh: Sandgem Town
Unova: All except for Flocessy Town. But Driftveil is #1 for me.
Kalos: Cyllage City/Geosenge Town/Anistar City
Alola: Konikoni City (Night)
Galar: Wedgehurst/Hammerlocke/Motostoke/Wyndon
Paldea: Levincia (And your own Home if you count that)

I don't have strong feelings about most of the regions. That's not to say I think they're bad/not memorable, I've just not really thought about it!

Kanto: Cerulean City has always been my favourite city in the Kanto region (and overall), probably because I think Gen I had the best water Pokémon.
Johto: -
Hoenn: -
Sinnoh: -
Unova: -
Alola: Maybe Iki Town and Paniola Town
Galar: I'd be happy to just stay in Postwick. It's really the only area I like out of all of them; the rest are just fine.
Paldea: -

My favorites are Rustboro City and Littleroot Town and Driftveil City.

Edit: forgot to mention this, but also the Johto (remake) remix of Saffron City.

Last edited:
I have a few!

Lavender Town... always a beautiful tune

Laverre City! Sounds like you're in a fairy tale!

Last edited:
I remember really liking Anistar City's music from Pokemon X & Y.
At the moment I can't remember anything else but there's probably something from gen 3 & 4 that I find nostalgic.

Back