Pokemon Black/White

Which new Pokemon game do you have?

• Total voters
oh, and a heads up: unless you have a DSi, there's a good chance you won't be able to use wifi/connect to the internet. the main things that matter that you'd be missing would be the dream world/game sync (dunno exactly what that is), global trade station, and wifi battles.. but the main game is still there, totally playable if you have a friend that has it. just don't go hoping for internet.. unless you have a DSi. in which case, go nuts. :)

Why?

No, he's wrong.

It depends what kind of network you have, such as WEP or WPA-PSK and that stuff.
no, you're wrong.

it depends on the kind of router you have, more than anything. if you're buying the game just for wifi and don't have a dsi, i'd say look into if your router is supported.. if you tell me the model, i could ask around on the serebii IRC channel, but i don't really know of a list of ones that are/aren't. all i know is that my ds lite will not connect, regardless of the encryption (turned off, wep, wpa), and my little brothers dsi will connect. it has something to do with the dsi's hardware, i think. i'm not certain.

it worked fine with gen 4, diamond/pearl/platinum/heartgold/soul silver.. but not this one, for some reason.

all i can really say is it doesn't work for me, and my router. it may work for yours, but i'd say proceed with caution unless you don't care about wifi. in which case, totally worthwhile purchase.

Last edited:
I have a question for whoever can answer it..seeing you who knows more ..well i have had a Nintendo DS Lite for 3 almost 4 years..played all the pokemon games..when 4th gen pokemon games came out, i had no trouble with wi-fi, like global trade center and wi-fi battles etc, im talking about Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold and Black, but now when i want to do the Victini rare event.. i can't connect to Wi-Fi, i've been using the same Internet Wi-Fi Home Hub for almost 2 years and no problem..could it be something to do with my DS Lite function? please reply asap
no, you're wrong.

it depends on the kind of router you have, more than anything. if you're buying the game just for wifi and don't have a dsi, i'd say look into if your router is supported.. if you tell me the model, i could ask around on the serebii IRC channel, but i don't really know of a list of ones that are/aren't. all i know is that my ds lite will not connect, regardless of the encryption (turned off, wep, wpa), and my little brothers dsi will connect. it has something to do with the dsi's hardware, i think. i'm not certain.

it worked fine with gen 4, diamond/pearl/platinum/heartgold/soul silver.. but not this one, for some reason.

all i can really say is it doesn't work for me, and my router. it may work for yours, but i'd say proceed with caution unless you don't care about wifi. in which case, totally worthwhile purchase.

You can still connect. Just not with Wepa
welp
i tried taking off the security altogether, just an open connection, no dice.
it shows up, but it won't connect whenever you test the connection or try to do gamesync/wifi

again, i think it's based on your router.. but that the dsi can connect but older ones can't is.. disappointing. :(

welp
i tried taking off the security altogether, just an open connection, no dice.
it shows up, but it won't connect whenever you test the connection or try to do gamesync/wifi

again, i think it's based on your router.. but that the dsi can connect but older ones can't is.. disappointing. :(

Did you put auto obtain DNS?

Well I have a DS Lite and our wifi only works with our Wii...We don't have the right router for a DS. =(

I chose pokemon white for the white forest and for Solosis.Thats pretty much it for the reasons.Neither lengendarys interested me at all.

Did you put auto obtain DNS?
lemme check. i haven't educated myself on that (lol educate), any protips for setting up dns and whatnot?

wait. lol. nvm. lemme see if it'll work.

putting it in myself didn't work, dunno if i was doing it wrong or something. used 8.8.8.8 as my dns

HALP
i had it on auto obtain, but dunno. SOMETHING IS THE BOMB I SET UP WAS

Last edited:
lemme check. i haven't educated myself on that (lol educate), any protips for setting up dns and whatnot?

wait. lol. nvm. lemme see if it'll work.

putting it in myself didn't work, dunno if i was doing it wrong or something. used 8.8.8.8 as my dns

HALP
i had it on auto obtain, but dunno. SOMETHING IS THE BOMB I SET UP WAS
There's a way to check your primary dns for your router/modem
Go to "Start", type in the search box "run", click that and type in "cmd" in the space. You get a pop-up, and then type in "ipconfig /all"
You should find your DNs that way. That's windows. If you have Linux or whatever, I can't help.

There's a way to check your primary dns for your router/modem
Go to "Start", type in the search box "run", click that and type in "cmd" in the space. You get a pop-up, and then type in "ipconfig /all"
You should find your DNs that way. That's windows. If you have Linux or whatever, I can't help.
i tried that, i think it has something to do with administrative power or whatnot. meh.

i'll do it later/aren't too bothered by it, right now. thanks for the halp

I'm enjoying White more than Black, simply for the forest. I love that I can go and battle trainers and buy/sell stuff at the stores but the forest is better in my opinion. But if you like to take advantage of being able to buy rare items, then I'd go with Black. If you like catching pokemon, I'd go with White.

Either way you're gonna have fun with the game, or you could buy both if it's too confusing. lol

Back