• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please help!

Darby

A loner without a cause
Bells
I visited a dream town that was hacked. There was no way out so I just powered off. Immediately. Then after the Resetti dialogue I noticed that my pocket won’t open. I don’t know what to do and I’m freaked out. I guess Nintendo support is closed because of the corona virus... This is the only place I thought where I could find anyone that knows what to do??? I REALLY hope my town isn’t ruined because of something so stupid.

Update to my dilemma... So I was able to go to Target and get a new 2ds xl fortunately despite the pandemic and I already had a new unopened game cartridge so I’m just going to start a new town which totally sucks because I LOVED Mandala with every fiber of my being but it’s better than nothing. Maybe if I live through the pandemic and if Nintendo support ever opens back up they’ll be able to tell me if that data is recoverable or if the console is still okay to use... idk what to expect but if the console is still good then I’ll use it for playing between my towns rather than the little bitty 2ds that doesn’t flip open and closed.

Thank you for being a place to vent these issues, I really appreciate it.

I'm pretty new to ACNL and there's not much Nintendo help here either I think, but I hope you get it sorted out! Do you remember what town it was? You should def tell them atleast, so they can blacklist it or something if it was the town making the issues. I'd hate to stumble over it by accident.

How was it hacked so you didn't get to go back? Did you not reach the bed or something?

There is no way in which visiting a hacked town could damage your console. It cant even damage the cartridge, only the save data is affected. There is no need to buy a new 3ds or cartridge.

I’ve visited hacked towns before so that’s exactly what I thought Dragostea but this town you are up in the air kind of floating along two or three thick brown wavy ribbon things with the bed and Lloyd... that’s it, that’s all it was. I could go to the bed but not get on it. Then I tried Lloyd and a green screen where you select what tools you want opened and that’s about when I powered it off. Hell, I thought everything was normal when I opened my town after that but it didn’t take long to realize my pocket wouldn’t open, not with the button or using the stylus on the screen icon. The town is called Nocturne like LadyDestani’s and the mayor was SAKURA with a heart before and after it, her other town is Sakura so I thought that it might be her second town so I tried it... She’s got such a beautiful town and it’s inspiring to visit pretty towns every now and then and it’d been raining a lot in mine lately so I just thought I’d have fun exploring but noooo... I wouldn’t wish something like this on my worst enemy. Anyway I do plan on contacting Nintendo support when they open again but you can’t even get online help right now let alone anybody on the phone. I’m pretty sure it’s the pandemic so maybe when things get back to normal they’ll be able to tell me how to fix it. I hope. And I just want to say thank you both for replying, I’m totally distraught if I’ve lost my town.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry this happened to you. It definitely wasn't my town because I don't hack. My mayor in Nocturne is Amethyst but that town is still far from completion.

I'll definitely be avoiding the other Nocturne for sure. I sometimes like to visit towns with the same name as mine to see what they've done, so I'm glad I saw this.

I wish I could offer some advice, but I don't know how to help. Hopefully, this will be over soon and you can get in contact with Nintendo support.

Nobody should visit that dream address and it definitely needs to be removed... I certainly wish I hadn’t but who knew? Thanks for the reply LadyDestani, I apologize for getting you involved, I just proved that old cliche curiosity killed the cat I guess. I’m doing another Mandala (3rd one so maybe this one’ll be a charm but I wasn’t getting any good maps resetting so if the one I chose gets frustrating then it might just have to be three strikes and you’re out. My starters were kind of weird, no normal... Stitches, Tom, Bangle, Bam and Yuka then today I got a plot for Frita BUT I also got Wisp so I’ll amiibo in a normal for tomorrow then my smug next... ).

This is news to me. Sorry your game got currupted and you had to start all over. I visited so many hacked towns for inspiration, and I had no idea this could happen.

Back