Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Red Candy
So I just wanted to share a map I created on Google Maps because I love geography and I love Pixar, and I couldn't resist to map all of the locations of each movie. I was really surprised by the fact that almost all of the movies take place in the US, which makes total sense when I think about it.

I didn't include Cars 2 because they travel to many parts of the world, but the main lot of the franchise takes place in the US. WALL-E, Onward, Monsters Inc. and Monsters University are not included either because they take place either on alternate universes or worlds, or simply not on Earth as we know it.

For movies which locations changed over the movie I included the trajectories the plot takes. For instance, in Finding Nemo, they travel from the Great Australian Barrier Reef in Northern Australia, all the way down to Sydney. In Finding Dory, they travel from the same Barrier Reef towards California, crossing all the Pacific Ocean. In Inside Out, lives moves from Bloomington, Minnesota to San Francisco (we know she's specifically from Bloomington as Pete Docter is from Bloomington, too.). Finally, in Up, Carl and Russell fly from Seattle area towards Venezuela.

Anyways here's the link of the map, l hope you like it.:).

Comment down which Pixar movie you live the closest to?

Last edited:
What a cool map you put together! That must have taken a lot of time, so kudos to you for compiling all of that.

Here's a fun fact about Ratatouille and the city it's set in, Paris.

As we all know, Ratatouille is an animated movie. However, according to the tour guide of a Seine river cruise I took (and Wikipedia), you can see the restaurant that inspired multiple scenes from the movie, La Tour d'Argent, from the river.

This was such a neat idea and I never really thought about the locations of the movies until you put them on a map!

I live closest to The Incredibles location or even Cars 3.

My favorite movie is Finding Nemo, but I also love The Good Dinosaur as it was the first movie my husband and I watched when we hung out!

edited a typo

Last edited:
i literally just watched the cars trilogy and omg radiator springs is based off of peach springs? even the highway which cut off all potential tourism is accurate, that's amazing

Back