• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want 2 towns x)

Me, too! Right now I am playing one town in ACCF, and another in Wild World. I like playing both at the same time... it is fun. :D

However, I probably will not get two versions of New Leaf to do that, myself, because of the cost.

Last edited:
I don't see the whoop about having two towns, too much maintenance. One always ends up being the 'prefect town' the other then becomes the 'store and dump town'
When WW came out, my brother stopped playing after about 2-3 years and he was like 'can you take care of my game' - so I was playing 2 WW's and and gawd so much work.

But I mean, if you want to have 2 towns, go ahead :)

I'll probably eventually buy a second physical copy. I have 2 3dss so i would be able to trade between them and whatnot. Also when save data editing becomes possible, I'll want a 2nd town specifically for hacking.

I started my 3ds up this morning and everything loaded fine. I pressed Animal Crossing and after a moment I got a black screen with some message in Japanese at the bottom. Pressing A did nothing. The home button did nothing. It mentioned the off button, so I turned the power off.
My town is gone again.

I am not buying another digital copy. I'm going with physical for the NA release.

I started my 3ds up this morning and everything loaded fine. I pressed Animal Crossing and after a moment I got a black screen with some message in Japanese at the bottom. Pressing A did nothing. The home button did nothing. It mentioned the off button, so I turned the power off.
My town is gone again.

I am not buying another digital copy. I'm going with physical for the NA release.

Again? So it's done this before? Ouch, that makes me rethink that I was gonna have my main town on my digital copy instead of my physical one..
Has this happened before with anybody else?

My town is gone again.

Apparently, your saved data got corrupted. Either the game didn't properly saved the last time you played, and then said that the file got corrupted, or it could be due of a system error (before the data corruption) that managed to interrupt the booting sequence of ACNL. That could happen very well to physical copies as well.

I have a feeling that my Japanese copy of the game has some stability issues, because it froze twice on certain loading sequences involving a villager.

Apparently, your saved data got corrupted. Either the game didn't properly saved the last time you played, and then said that the file got corrupted, or it could be due of a system error (before the data corruption) that managed to interrupt the booting sequence of ACNL. That could happen very well to physical copies as well.

I have a feeling that my Japanese copy of the game has some stability issues, because it froze twice on certain loading sequences involving a villager.
Ahhh, that's why. Thank you! I'm going to make it a habit it back-up after I finish playing everyday. It saved without any problems when I last saved.
I've noticed sometimes the game got a bit laggy while fishing and that was when I was by myself and not connected to wifi.

Ahhh, that's why. Thank you! I'm going to make it a habit it back-up after I finish playing everyday. It saved without any problems when I last saved.
I've noticed sometimes the game got a bit laggy while fishing and that was when I was by myself and not connected to wifi.

I hope they fix that when they release it in NA.

This happened a lot in my old town. I think it's normal, but I'm not sure. It happened in areas with lots of trees and/or projects.

Physical copies went back in stock here yesterday and everyone who purchased the game got a sticker set to go with it xD

Probably physical, I'm still contemplating both though. If the Animal Crossing 3ds XL comes out in Europe, I'll buy that with the game pre installed.

I've changed my mind.....I'm getting a physical copy, Why? Cause I don't want to lose my town!! After what Mint said

I've changed my mind.....I'm getting a physical copy, Why? Cause I don't want to lose my town!! After what Mint said

It can still happen with physical copies, but I've never had a physical copy of a game corrupt yet. -knocks on wood-
I'm not so trusting of digital now. :p

If the Animal Crossing 3DS XL comes out in America, I will buy it, thus getting the digital copy. Other than that, I will just keep my normal 3DS and buy a physical copy.

Back