• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personal might go digital, all I have to do is upgrade my SD card from the original one my 3DS came with.
Although getting a physical copy has been on my mind, wanting the box & manual and all.

Physical, unless I have a lot of trouble getting a copy. e_e
Then I will go digital.
I might, if I like it enough, get both.

I'm not sure which I'm going to get, since it will (more than likely) come out on a Sunday here in the U.S. I'll have to go to get it after church, which will be like 1:30pm before I even get to the store, then I'd have to come all the way home and it'd be like 2pm by then.

Whereas, if I go digital it can be downloading at midnight and I'll have it already in the morning. Not too sure what I want to do.

digital , i had a copy of sims 2 for ds crash my game save 3 times , if i go to the same part every time it would crash. i talked to others and no one else had this. so yes you can get courupt games on physical.

im getting digital because we play alot of other games on the 3ds , so it would be easier to have it on the system able to open to check every day, even if i have another game in the system. Also with the updates , would it not be easier for them to update the game in the digital version right before release then it would be the physical?

I'm getting both. I'll be using digital while my partner uses the cartridge. The digital will be on the XL since it has a 32GB SD card while the cartridge will be used on the flame red.

Digital, 'cause I have the space and I have a tendency to lose small things (i.e. keys, flash drives, and game cartridges). ^.^;

Also, it's nice to not have to switch cartridges. I'll ALWAYS have Animal Crossing with me! ;)

I don't trust digital downloads. I know if I replace my 3DS I can switch everything over, but what if I completely destroy my 3DS and/or my SD card? I like using game cartridges because if I go to my friend's house and bring my games but not my 3DS, I can use theirs. Plus, I've always like being able to see my collection of games. I think I'd play a digital copy less, for some reason. I'm not using my 3DS much right now anyways, because I've beaten most of the games I currently have (except for the 3DS Harvest Moon and the games I'm doing a second play-through of). At least I'll have the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to keep me busy while waiting.

I don't trust digital downloads. I know if I replace my 3DS I can switch everything over, but what if I completely destroy my 3DS and/or my SD card? I like using game cartridges because if I go to my friend's house and bring my games but not my 3DS, I can use theirs. Plus, I've always like being able to see my collection of games. I think I'd play a digital copy less, for some reason. I'm not using my 3DS much right now anyways, because I've beaten most of the games I currently have (except for the 3DS Harvest Moon and the games I'm doing a second play-through of). At least I'll have the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to keep me busy while waiting.

Even if you destroy your 3DS and SD card you can still re-download the game by logging back into your eShop account. Oh yeah, you can backup saves in the download version too.

Even if you destroy your 3DS and SD card you can still re-download the game by logging back into your eShop account. [...]

At the moment, if you lost/broke your system, then you still have to repurchase the game after getting another 3DS. I'm still uncertain if Nintendo will actually transfer your list of downloaded games to another 3DS in a event of broken/lost system.

Psyhical copy for me!
This is one of those few games that I like having in my hand as something to put in when I can bored of the current game I'm playing.

I would like a physical copy.
This is because I like having a game cartridge, a box, and a manual. I like having a collection of games rather than a game downloaded onto the system.

I completely forgot about the manual... that's a big reason I want the physical copy, too!

I can always keep it in my purse or something and read over it while I'm bored. ^^

Hmm...

Must say, I'm also partial to having a physical copy.

Not just because I've already pre-ordered, but because I love the feeling of having a tangible object, one that I can weigh in my hand, containing all of that precious town data.

I guess I don't fully trust digital copies either. :p

~ Marie

I thought i read somewhere that even on the physical copy the manual is digital. i thought nintendo is doing that with most games now.

Back