• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Philando Castile and Dallas Shootings

I wonder if these events are going to cause everyone to pause and try to figure out how to restore the trust gap between police and their communities. Knowing America, probably not, but it would be nice if we could all agree that the two black people killed by police and the five police killed in Dallas were all senseless killings and none of them deserved to die. Instead of arguing which is worse, it would be better to take this as an opportunity to remind everyone what their responsibilities are.

For police, it's to serve and protect their communities. Being a police is inherently a risky job and you have to accept those risks when you choose to become a cop. You can't just shoot everyone who reaches for their pocket in the name of self-preservation. Obviously there are cases where lethal force is necessary such as when the police killed the Dallas shooter, but lethal force should be a last resort, not a precautionary measure. Police also need to stop defending the inappropriate and illegal actions of each other. Being a cop is a professional job; it's not being part of a "brotherhood". To serve and protect also means to protect civilians from bad cops.

For civilians, it's to cooperate with law enforcement and notify the police of suspicious activity. We can demand justice while also being respectful and appreciative of the many cops who do their job very well and protect us from much more dangerous criminals than bad cops.

Last edited:
Because his response was so typical of someone his age, and showed his immaturity. It's like when people end their declarative statements with a question mark?

you used the wrong form of "than" you should have used "then" but am i *****ing about that?

I get that laws in the 60s were against gay people having rights. That's messed up. At the same time, part of the reason that club was raided was because they were selling liquor without a license.

But it's not the 60s anymore. Things are different now and everyone has the same rights. Gay marriage is legal. Interracial marriage is legal. Discriminating against someone for their race, gender, ethnicity, weight, height or physical capability is illegal. We aren't subject to laws like gay people were in the 60s.

So the violence the people used in the riots and protests then was alright? But now being angry and using violence discredits you?

The rights people have and the fact we aren't "subject to laws" like that anymore doesn't matter when people are literally being killed outright.

i wasnt being sarcastic but if u dont understand i really cba to explain. you speak spanish right? maybe ill try to translate later or something if im not lazy

1) it doesnt matter if people go against them, its nt that easy for stereotypes to be "reversed?" even if people dont act violent theres always gonna be that one group of people that insists that they do. and thats the problem. you need everyone to cooperate and open their eyes, not just the oppressed group to "work hard" or whatever omg
2) like i said most employers are not that dumb and will be able to come up with an excuse.
3) my point was is that it already happens and it's not working yet because some people are still blind to the facts :' )
4) yes im 16 how does that matter? u always act like an old fart if we're gonna bring up age...
ok yes it shows that theyre making an effort but u think racists are gonna care about that

my problem with you is that you make it seem like its up to the oppressed group of people to "fix" racism and not the people with the incorrect perception and close-mindedness to be overruled lmao. what you dont seem to understand is that even by doing all of what youre saying, people are still going to deny the facts. youre acting as if none of the things youve suggested are happening already, which is pretty disrespectful lol.

idk when u said that whities arent stereotyped because racism I got pretty lost

I mean I got all the points but the first :( my problem isnt because the grammatic tho so translating into spanish wouldnt help so :(

I wonder if these events are going to cause everyone to pause and try to figure out how to restore the trust gap between police and their communities. Knowing America, probably not, but it would be nice if we could all agree that the two black people killed by police and the five police killed in Dallas were all senseless killings and none of them deserved to die. Instead of arguing which is worse, it would be better to take this as an opportunity to remind everyone what their responsibilities are.

For police, it's to serve and protect their communities. Being a police is inherently a risky job and you have to accept those risks when you choose to become a cop. You can't just shoot everyone who reaches for their pocket in the name of self-preservation. Obviously there are cases where lethal force is necessary such as when the police killed the Dallas shooter, but lethal force should be a last resort, not a precautionary measure. Police also need to stop defending the inappropriate and illegal actions of each other. Being a cop is a professional job; it's not being part of a "brotherhood". To serve and protect also means to protect civilians from bad cops.

For civilians, it's to cooperate with law enforcement and notify the police of suspicious activity. We can demand justice while also being respectful and appreciative of the many cops who do their job very well and protect us from much more dangerous criminals than bad cops.

Sadly I doubt it will, I agree though, all the deaths were tragic and unnecessarily, it's time something was done before things escalate even more and more lives are lost. If only there was a simple and easy solution, but it seems like now there is that strong hate and distrust there, and I don't see it being mended.

idk when u said that whities arent stereotyped because racism I got pretty lost

I mean I got all the points but the first :( my problem isnt because the grammatic tho so translating into spanish wouldnt help so :(

okay, what im saying is this
when someone black does something violent, it immediately gets held against all black people
if someone middle eastern performs an act of terrorism, middle easterns living in america get made fun of
when somebody white does a school shooting, its never held against the white race and the occurrence receives different treatment compared to the first 2 examples i mentioned

this is because of racism

does that make more sense?

i wasnt being sarcastic but if u dont understand i really cba to explain. you speak spanish right? maybe ill try to translate later or something if im not lazy

1) it doesnt matter if people go against them, its nt that easy for stereotypes to be "reversed?" even if people dont act violent theres always gonna be that one group of people that insists that they do. and thats the problem. you need everyone to cooperate and open their eyes, not just the oppressed group to "work hard" or whatever omg
2) like i said most employers are not that dumb and will be able to come up with an excuse.
3) my point was is that it already happens and it's not working yet because some people are still blind to the facts :' )
4) yes im 16 how does that matter? u always act like an old fart if we're gonna bring up age...
ok yes it shows that theyre making an effort but u think racists are gonna care about that

my problem with you is that you make it seem like its up to the oppressed group of people to "fix" racism and not the people with the incorrect perception and close-mindedness to be overruled lmao. what you dont seem to understand is that even by doing all of what youre saying, people are still going to deny the facts. youre acting as if none of the things youve suggested are happening already, which is pretty disrespectful lol.

I'm not saying that none of what I suggested is already happening. Nowhere did I say that. FleshyBro asked me what my solutions for changing how black people are viewed (without rioting and destroying public property) were, and I gave my answer.

I'm not saying that it's up to people facing racial discrimination to fix it themselves, but they are trying, and some of the methods they're using are setting them back, not helping them progress, and I was commenting on that. It's obvious that burning down a convenience store to protest the death of a man that attacked a police officer isn't going to help, and that robbing 24 businesses isn't going to make racists or people that have a distorted view of black people go "Oh wow, I was SO wrong."

If black lives matter supporters care SO deeply about how they're viewed by others, then they wouldn't be saying that white lives don't matter (in the first video I linked on page 3), that white people need to either die or go live in a cave (in the second video I linked on page 3), and they wouldn't be supporting the shooting of 10 cops on social media (in the article I linked on page 4).

And if there are people that will remain racist, and ignore facts forever, then why are their opinions important??? Why should their incredibly biased, unchanging views of black people be of concern to black lives matter?

- - - Post Merge - - -

So the violence the people used in the riots and protests then was alright? But now being angry and using violence discredits you?

The rights people have and the fact we aren't "subject to laws" like that anymore doesn't matter when people are literally being killed outright.

I didn't say that I agreed with the violence they used. I don't think they should have pelted the police officers cars with bottles.

okay, what im saying is this
when someone black does something violent, it immediately gets held against all black people
if someone middle eastern performs an act of terrorism, middle easterns living in america get made fun of
when somebody white does a school shooting, its never held against the white race and the occurrence receives different treatment compared to the first 2 examples i mentioned

this is because of racism

does that make more sense?

OOHH okay now better thanks! :p
I need to improve my english comprehension

I'm not saying that none of what I suggested is already happening. Nowhere did I say that. FleshyBro asked me what my solutions for changing how black people are viewed (without rioting and destroying public property) were, and I gave my answer.

I'm not saying that it's up to people facing racial discrimination to fix it themselves, but they are trying, and some of the methods they're using are setting them back, not helping them progress, and I was commenting on that. It's obvious that burning down a convenience store to protest the death of a man that attacked a police officer isn't going to help, and that robbing 24 businesses isn't going to make racists or people that have a distorted view of black people go "Oh wow, I was SO wrong."

If black lives matter supporters care SO deeply about how they're viewed by others, then they wouldn't be saying that white lives don't matter (in the first video I linked on page 3), that white people need to either die or go live in a cave (in the second video I linked on page 3), and they wouldn't be supporting the shooting of 10 cops on social media (in the article I linked on page 4).

And if there are people that will remain racist, and ignore facts forever, then why are their opinions important??? Why should their incredibly biased, unchanging views of black people be of concern to black lives matter?

some of the methods theyre using are setting them back obviously. but why do oppressed groups have to try so much harder and be so much better with the **** treatment theyre given than white people to end up with still less respect and seen as less human than white people? how is it fair that the actions of a few extremists are held against those that are peaceful and really do try nonviolent solutions?

so ur saying everyone who supports #blacklivesmatter acts like that?? do u know how much worse the things white people say and do to black people are, but white people are not being heavily scrutinized to see if theyre deemed worthy of equal treatment lmao?

their opinions are important because they will ****ing cause damage to people LOL u cant just ignore **** like that. they can make a difference and they can seriously damage the movement and if youre going to deny that youre just acting crazy.

some of the methods theyre using are setting them back obviously. but why do oppressed groups have to try so much harder and be so much better with the **** treatment theyre given than white people to end up with still less respect and seen as less human than white people? how is it fair that the actions of a few extremists are held against those that are peaceful and really do try nonviolent solutions?

so ur saying everyone who supports #blacklivesmatter acts like that?? do u know how much worse the things white people say and do to black people are, but white people are not being heavily scrutinized to see if theyre deemed worthy of equal treatment lmao?

their opinions are important because they will ****ing cause damage to people LOL u cant just ignore **** like that. they can make a difference and they can seriously damage the movement and if youre going to deny that youre just acting crazy.

I didn't say that anyone that supports black lives matter acts like the crazy extremist supporters of it do. I'm fine with the peaceful protesters trying to spread awareness, but a lot of them don't seem to be looking for peaceful protest. Why hold up a gay pride parade for 30 minutes until your demands are met (demands that included no further police participation, even though a gay police officer used the event to propose to his boyfriend)? They made a scene and stopped an event that they were an honored guest at and made the organizers of pride give in to unreasonable demands. Black lives matter did and supported that, and that makes them seem worse and more troublesome as an organization.

The vast majority of people don't view black people as lesser human beings, nor do they think they deserve less respect or fewer rights. There aren't nearly as many racists as everyone seems to think, especially not in my incredibly tolerant generation.

As far as the opinions of racists on black people go... I'm sure some peoples' views of black people will be altered when they're presented with facts, but what are you supposed to do if they refuse to accept facts? Keep protesting to hopefully change their minds, or accept that some people are a lost cause and that holding on to the hurtful things they say does more harm to you than them?

I didn't say that anyone that supports black lives matter acts like the crazy extremist supporters of it do. I'm fine with the peaceful protesters trying to spread awareness, but a lot of them don't seem to be looking for...

bruh

Last edited:

Go look on twitter and see how many people there are praising the Dallas snipers, saying "Those pigs deserved it" and other **** like that. That's not peaceful; that's praising a guy that took 3 police officers away from their family and friends forever. They didn't get a pain-free death either. So you can "bruh" all you want.

Last edited:
Go look on twitter and see how many people there are praising the Dallas snipers, saying "Those pigs deserved it" and other **** like that. That's not peaceful; that's praising a guy that took 3 police officers away from their family and friends forever. They didn't get a pain-free death either. So you can "bruh" all you want.

5 officers died, nobody here is supporting their killings? I think Zeph meant to point out that you said one thing then contradicted it right away with another statement, nobody (here) is denying that it's terrible that people are dead, we know that it wasn't peaceful

Last edited:
Go look on twitter and see how many people there are praising the Dallas snipers, saying "Those pigs deserved it" and other **** like that. That's not peaceful. And there are a lot of them. So you can "bruh" all you want.

There's this rad concept called "the vocal minority"
I think I've seen you use it before.

also I did just look through the dallaspoliceshootings hashtag, and everything I've seen so far has been mostly in support of the victims, which is rad. In fact, the only bad tweet I could find in almost 10 minutes of browsing was this one

3923b99a76b7ab1140feb97a17f17cdf.png

so

bruh

Last edited:
The Dallas shooter does not represent all BLM protesters just like the cops in Louisiana and Minnesota do not represent all cops.

Back