• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Personality Types per Town?

Jennyrae

Bells
I remember hearing somehow that if I had more than 2 of a same personality type in my town, then one of the villagers of that personality type would want to move out. So let's say I had 3 smug villagers, would that mean I'd keep having one of my smug villagers wanting to move out?

I'm trying to keep at least 1 of each personality type with extra villagers that I like, but I was just kind of wondering about this rule's legitimacy.

I've had three lazies in my town for a couple months, but they've never asked to move, while villagers that were my only one of that personality type pinged me to move out, so I don't think it makes a difference.

I think villagers wanting to move out is chosen randomly the first time you load the game for the day or probably has something to do with how high your relationship/friendship with them. I'm pretty sure it won't make a difference if you have more of the same personality or one of each living in your town.

I don't think that rumor has any fact to it. The only things I've noticed that contribute to villagers wanting to leave are whether the card was scanned in (the villagers I had Wisp move in have never asked to leave) and your friendship level (the higher the friendship, the more likely it is for them to ask to leave).

Back