People who have a second game - is it worth it?

Brackets

Mon the Biff.
Bells
Cake
I'm thinking of getting a second game because I'm itching to reset my town and start again, but I'm also very proud of my town and don't want to lose my hard work. So if I get another game I can restart over and over but still have my first town :3 But I'm also not sure if it would be worth the money.
So basically, people who have a second game - did you get bored of it? Was it worth it? Was it too much trouble having two towns or is it more fun? :)

Last edited:
You can apparently get a free copy by registering at Nintendo or something (European residents only). I haven't looked into it properly, but have a look here.

Last edited:
I got a second game 3 days ago, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I've used it to reset for residents and awesome maps. Right now I have a map and residents I'm content with. (I sold a few of the other residents from other resets)

I've enjoyed it so far and will probably continue to do so. I am making a themed dream town (or I plan to, I should say)

I'd say go for it. But I've only had mine three days so I don't know if I'll get bored of it or not. But it is still nice to have. You can play around with it like a sandbox game and tt or have a theme or something. Also useful for trading/villager hunting!

I dont havr a second game yet, but I will be getting one.
Having a second one would be really useful, especially if you have 2 3DSs, because you could trade between them. You could also have them set to different times of the year, so you can experience events early

Thank you for your responses! So can I have both the physical and digital games on one 3DS? Also another question: could I put the physical copy in my sisters 3DS then trade between my 3DS (with the digital copy) and the physical copy? Or would the physical copy only work in my 3DS? (Hope that makes sense :p)

The cartridge copy will work on any 3DS. You can use it mainly on your own 3DS and then load it on a friend's 3DS or your sister's 3DS and trade between towns. The digital version needs to be loaded on the 3DS on which it was purchased; the retail cart version can be played on any 3DS within your country/region.

Yes, you can have a physical copy & digital copy on the same 3ds. Also, since the info is stored on the game cartridge for the physical copy, you could use it on your sisters 3ds. But if you went to update your Dream Town, it would give you another DC # (just like what happend to Lin when she used Kohei's 3ds).
I have 2 physical copies & 2 3ds's and trade between the two of them. Twice as many choices in the stores and I get to visit with 16 - 20 villagers each day. It can be a little hectic at times (Bug-Off: got 2 gold, 2 silver & 2 bronze trophies), but I've had 2 towns ever since WW.

I have a cartridge copy & digital copy and love it. I got to pick a map I love (didn't really know I could choose the first time around so my main town's map isn't so great), get to perfect everything I couldn't do in the first town (better paths, layout, plants etc without tearing up the first town) , got most of my main dreamies by chance in the 2nd town, got to pick a better town name, and just take a different approach with this town altogether.

It is soo worth it! :D I have two extra games (One i got free from a previous promotion, and the other i had money off ^_^) I use them both currently for getting villager pictures and giving away dreamies, but when i've had enough, i'm going to be making either one or two themed towns! :D

Back