• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

I don't like to write reads at night but in short:

Seroja: Attitude fluctuations
Primarina: Under the radar coasting
Mogyay: I never trust her because I haven't ever guessed her alignment correctly

:p

They're just the people who I don't trust/will probably write reads for, not really scum leans yet

I keep on forgetting people have timezone differences, haha. :D

I'll wait until you posted your reads.

I'll be posting my suspicions closer to the end of night so mafia doesn't last minute change anything based on my post.

These are my initial reads, just brief for now but next one will be much more thorough :
(Green = town lean Purple = scum lean Very dark grey = null)

Heyden - he's been very active and engaged with other players. I've noticed he's contributing a lot more to discussions than I'm used to seeing from him in previous games, with much less of the cryptic in-joke/random interjections that have stood out to me at this stage in every other game. The change is confusing enough to have him at null for now out of caution, but I am happy to see more useful content from him!
xCleb - he's made one notably substantial post to date and has rl commitments (enjoy your prom!). I have seen no reason to be suspicious at this stage, especially as he was clearly paying attention to the thread and addressed a range of things in that post, but I'll wait to see more content before deciding if a town lean is appropriate.
Nightmares - she seems to be playing naturally and freely. I can see she has been putting thought into what is happening in the game and her reads are well reasoned. I especially like her read on Panda - detailed, and gives me some things to think about from a new perspective.
mogyay - an easy town lean. I especially like her interactions with Zendel discussing the aftermath of the flavour text confusion.
Zendel - an easy town lean until the confusion over the flavour text. Damniel's read of this makes sense to me.
Tensu - an easy town lean, he has been very actively contributing his own thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Damniel - null for now as I would like to see more content from him before trying to assess his alignment. I did like post # 273 a lot, and his reasoning for Zendel being town makes sense to me. I did not like post # 408 at all - it is imo uncalled for and not helpful.
Jacob - null for now as I would like to see more content from him before trying to assess his alignment. I did like the interactions with Zendel and then Seroja.
f11 - null for now for similar reasons as Heyden. I'm cautious due to the much more active and constructive content from them this game, since it is a very big change from what I remember in past games.
amanda1983 - why the **** I thought staying up til 2am trying to finish these was a good idea, I do not know.
Seroja - my strongest town lean, by far. Her posts have been natural, focused, helpful, and informative. I especially liked her interaction with Jacob where there was a misunderstanding.
Apple2013 - I don't have anything concrete yet, but there were a couple of interactions that did not sit well with me. My strongest scum lean at this time. I'll write this up properly tomorrow.
PandaDarling - I love her zest for starting discussions! But this game I haven't seen the usual follow-through on her own lines of thought and, as Lani (Nightmares) noted, she has been spending a lot of time discussing what other people have said about her instead of generating helpful content. I did not have any problem whatsoever with her post # 83 - her point made total sense to me and seemed like a very helpful one to make at that stage. She explained her concern - and the reasoning for it - clearly. I do keep coming back to the interactions around that time as there is something nagging at me about them, but not about Panda herself. It is an interesting chain of discussion that followed, though. This is NOT a strong scum lean, but I would really like to see more Town-focussed content from her rather than dead-end defensiveness.
Primarina - nothing to work with so null for now.

These are my initial reads, just brief for now but next one will be much more thorough :
(Green = town lean Purple = scum lean Very dark grey = null)

Heyden - he's been very active and engaged with other players. I've noticed he's contributing a lot more to discussions than I'm used to seeing from him in previous games, with much less of the cryptic in-joke/random interjections that have stood out to me at this stage in every other game. The change is confusing enough to have him at null for now out of caution, but I am happy to see more useful content from him!
xCleb - he's made one notably substantial post to date and has rl commitments (enjoy your prom!). I have seen no reason to be suspicious at this stage, especially as he was clearly paying attention to the thread and addressed a range of things in that post, but I'll wait to see more content before deciding if a town lean is appropriate.
Nightmares - she seems to be playing naturally and freely. I can see she has been putting thought into what is happening in the game and her reads are well reasoned. I especially like her read on Panda - detailed, and gives me some things to think about from a new perspective.
mogyay - an easy town lean. I especially like her interactions with Zendel discussing the aftermath of the flavour text confusion.
Zendel - an easy town lean until the confusion over the flavour text. Damniel's read of this makes sense to me.
Tensu - an easy town lean, he has been very actively contributing his own thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Damniel - null for now as I would like to see more content from him before trying to assess his alignment. I did like post # 273 a lot, and his reasoning for Zendel being town makes sense to me. I did not like post # 408 at all - it is imo uncalled for and not helpful.
Jacob - null for now as I would like to see more content from him before trying to assess his alignment. I did like the interactions with Zendel and then Seroja.
f11 - null for now for similar reasons as Heyden. I'm cautious due to the much more active and constructive content from them this game, since it is a very big change from what I remember in past games.
amanda1983 - why the **** I thought staying up til 2am trying to finish these was a good idea, I do not know.
Seroja - my strongest town lean, by far. Her posts have been natural, focused, helpful, and informative. I especially liked her interaction with Jacob where there was a misunderstanding.
Apple2013 - I don't have anything concrete yet, but there were a couple of interactions that did not sit well with me. My strongest scum lean at this time. I'll write this up properly tomorrow.
PandaDarling - I love her zest for starting discussions! But this game I haven't seen the usual follow-through on her own lines of thought and, as Lani (Nightmares) noted, she has been spending a lot of time discussing what other people have said about her instead of generating helpful content. I did not have any problem whatsoever with her post # 83 - her point made total sense to me and seemed like a very helpful one to make at that stage. She explained her concern - and the reasoning for it - clearly. I do keep coming back to the interactions around that time as there is something nagging at me about them, but not about Panda herself. It is an interesting chain of discussion that followed, though. This is NOT a strong scum lean, but I would really like to see more Town-focussed content from her rather than dead-end defensiveness.
Primarina - nothing to work with so null for now.

You should write up the post about me now. If you don't do it now you might never write it if mafia kills me.

You should write up the post about me now. If you don't do it now you might never write it if mafia kills me.

If Mafia kills you then surely the most important reads will be your's about everyone else, not mine (or anyone else's) about you??

Omg, hi Amanda! I'm so happy to see you here! c:

Brilliant player!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I'll post another reads list soon, a lot has happened and a certain player has caught my attention.

If Mafia kills you then surely the most important reads will be your's about everyone else, not mine (or anyone else's) about you??

Certainly, which is why I'm going to post them before night ends. I suggest you do the same. Everyone's reads are equally important and help deduce who scum is.

I think I'll post an updated version of my reads in a bit. It caught my eye that Amanda has Zendel as a town lean despite all his slip-ups and inconsistencies. I'd expect Amanda to be a bit more critical to this subject rather than just dismissing him as an obvious town lean. I posted my suspicions on Zendel on my reads a few pages back but I'll reclarify and show more examples of my points when I redo my reads.

Not sure if Zendel is scum, just making it clear that he is high on my radar and I am not dismissing his posts because I don't believe he is an obvious town.

I think I'll post an updated version of my reads in a bit. It caught my eye that Amanda has Zendel as a town lean despite all his slip-ups and inconsistencies. I'd expect Amanda to be a bit more critical to this subject rather than just dismissing him as an obvious town lean. I posted my suspicions on Zendel on my reads a few pages back but I'll reclarify and show more examples of my points when I redo my reads.

Not sure if Zendel is scum, just making it clear that he is high on my radar and I am not dismissing his posts because I don't believe he is an obvious town.

Thank you for this, I'll re-read your reads post, Zendel's posts, and your updated reads list as soon as I can tomorrow morning. I should have been more clear that my read of Zendel was very definitely town UNTIL the incident about the flavour text. I did mean to say that he was still an "easy" town lean, sorry.

At the time I posted my reads I was still I inclined to town lean him as his line of thinking, words, and posting patterns all fit (screamed, actually) for him being still-fairly-inexperienced town who made a mistake. It would be a very convoluted play to make as scum, but a very plausible one for a town player who had role-claimed (causing drama) then in the midst of that drama made a mistake by answering a question about his role PM without double-checking it.

I could see the concern others had for those events, and I wasn't discounting any possibility. On balance, though, his actions made sense to me as town!Zendel, not mafia!Zendel or even 3rdParty!Zendel. I should have made my thinking clear instead of the two very brief sentences.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: I did NOT mean to say that he was still an "easy" town lean, sorry.

It's almost 3am and I have to sleep. I'll be on before EoN, which ends in around 10 hours from now, at 1pm my time.

Thank you for this, I'll re-read your reads post, Zendel's posts, and your updated reads list as soon as I can tomorrow morning. I should have been more clear that my read of Zendel was very definitely town UNTIL the incident about the flavour text. I did mean to say that he was still an "easy" town lean, sorry.

At the time I posted my reads I was still I inclined to town lean him as his line of thinking, words, and posting patterns all fit (screamed, actually) for him being still-fairly-inexperienced town who made a mistake. It would be a very convoluted play to make as scum, but a very plausible one for a town player who had role-claimed (causing drama) then in the midst of that drama made a mistake by answering a question about his role PM without double-checking it.

I could see the concern others had for those events, and I wasn't discounting any possibility. On balance, though, his actions made sense to me as town!Zendel, not mafia!Zendel or even 3rdParty!Zendel. I should have made my thinking clear instead of the two very brief sentences.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: I did NOT mean to say that he was still an "easy" town lean, sorry.

It's almost 3am and I have to sleep. I'll be on before EoN, which ends in around 10 hours from now, at 1pm my time.

ah ok thanks for clearing this up! :)

roughly 9.5 hours until end of night... I know I said I may be late on fridays or saturdays due to work, but I should be home an hour or two before end of night and everything should be on time. PM me questions or concerns on TBT or discord.

Key:
Strong Town Lean
Town Lean
Strong Scum Lean
Slight Scum Lean

Jacob

As I am reading back up on the posts I missed I would like to point out that its still Day 1 so we shouldn't jump on people for their reads being small or lackluster. No one is going to be able to get out paragraphs for each player based on the first phase. The fact that Panda even tried to write something about everyone and Seroja tried to write out reads for even the players is helpful information.

You are full out defending Panda here, it speaks volumes of who is your bud in this game. Panda's posts haven't had much to them other than starting conversation.

Deliberate inactivity is a hindrance, I'll to sheep on Corrie for neglecting the thread. No point in keeping someone like that

I feel as though you only voted for Corrie because you wanted to save your buddy pal Panda, it was awfully convenient.

I don't like to write reads at night but in short:

Seroja: Attitude fluctuations
Primarina: Under the radar coasting
Mogyay: I never trust her because I haven't ever guessed her alignment correctly

:p

They're just the people who I don't trust/will probably write reads for, not really scum leans yet

It's funny how you bring up Seroja's attitude fluctuations but not Panda's attitude which is far worse. Panda has been aggressive throughout this game.
At least my vote isn't a throwaway. I'm not afraid to sheep on a logical lynch

Your basically saying "I'm a brave sheep" which I don't believe at all. You also responded really negatively to Dan's vote on you, even going so far as to insult him by calling him pathetic. I'm not sure if you're calling him or his reasoning pathetic either way, you could have been more polite and took it on the chin. It's one vote Jacob not 5, don't get your knickers in a twist or anything, lol. If someone votes for someone they usually have fair reasoning for it and shaming them for it isn't the way to go.

PandaDarling

Seroja excuse me ? Lack of substance in me reads and then your post doesn't even have half the players in your reads.

The ignorance and the much needed re-evaluation should be a concern for you right now Panda. You seem very scummy because of your aggressive and unhelpful behaviour, sure I'm not innocent in the unhelpfulness department but my mind is clear now and I'm actively trying and contributing.

I dunno how I'm gonna convince you, hopefully I do before End of Day, cause if people start to sheep and vote me, we will have a mislynch.

The aggression and exchanges between Panda and Seroja are exaggerated on Panda's part.

well i voted Corrie, but i have a feeling a few of you are gonna vote me last minute and make it impossible to claim and or save myself. so here is my message to town.... if you are voting or thinking of voting me please don't, cause well im a fun guy so you probably wanna keep me around. and i do end up getting lynched please please please look into who pushed my lynch and voted for me, don't let them just chalk it up to "welp thats D1 for you" some of these players know my play style and know i haven't been as scummy as im being made out to be.... like Apple said he always sees me as scum but what he lacked to add was that out of like the 10 games i was only scum once, so his been right 1 out of 10 times about me... haha im bold, blunt, and aggressive as town im an emotional ran person i don't sit and make extensively long thought out cases i go off the feelings i get from people and i don't do the best job when it comes to putting those into post for others, im sorry. ha but please believe me im here to help town.

I don't believe this sob story at all, I'm sure there's a better term for this post.

:( sorry Corrie.

Are you really sorry though? You did it to save your own butt, lmao. Using this as a way to seem more like town with the "oh sorry".

f11

Almost all of her posts have been short with little use or she is jumping on the "Kill Zendel Hype Train", she hasn't made any posts that have analysed the situation or a reads list either. More cooperation is need, so please get on that otherwise I'm inclined to not trust you.

Nightmares

- Sheeped on me and f11.
- Is in and out of the thread, when she is still online and able to respond even if her response isn't of quality.
- Hadn't answered the questions she was given until she was made a concern for us.
- Is very careful, she doesn't play carefully when she is town as seen by the theme-less mafia game hosted by Dolby.
- She also posts much more when she's town, 9 posts is nothing compared to several players on here.

But this could all boil down to her sickness, get well soon. Bashing my explanations about my sickness and behaviour is rather rude, even if they are long. And saying "like I'm not going to write paragraphs about it" is so shady, you never post long paragraphs anyway for whatever reason. It could be laziness, impatience or lack of motivation, I don't know but there's no need for it in any circumstance.

Mog
Seroja
Amanda

These three are similar in reasoning for the strong town lean so my reasoning below covers all of them perfectly.

All of them are actively trying, contributing and interacting with other players well. I see no reason why any of them should be sussed.

Tensu

I'm not 100% sure about this town lean but I have noticed a great deal of effort from Tensu for town. He has been asking questions of those who are being sussed and I believe he is doing it in a way that doesn't seem like bussing his own teammates so I couldn't say that he's scum right now.

Trundle

He is seeing through the cracks and is making a nice effort for town or so it seems. I can never fully trust Trundle because he is so damn good at this game but I feel like he is town because of his rationality and contributions.

Damniel

He made good points about Corrie's lynch, it was silly. She did give up on the game. She was posting elsewhere but I thought it meant something else, clearly. He's also calling me "really really dumb town/na?ve town" which is true even if it is outright insulting me, so bravo for recognising it but I think "na?ve town" would suffice, you're reminding me of Apple right now with the insults. lol.

Null

Heyden - I really am stuck with this one.
Primarina - Who? Haha, get on here asap. I love playing with you. :D
Cleb - His posts didn't really say anything that made him seem a certain way to me, despite how long they were.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I feel like I need to explain why I voted for Corrie for whoever asked, I think it was Tensu? I seen it when I was reading other the thread anyway.

I thought she was evading her questions and putting little effort into the game, Trundle and Heyden had much weaker reasoning and besides they were guesses rather than reads/scum leans. As the question asked who you think is likely to be scum and of course this was a bit earlier in the game.

Later on she STILL didn't post so I thought she was struggling or something, I never thought about the possibility of her actually giving up because I didn't see any reason for it. I don't know why she gave up so earlier she must have gotten bored or she thought people were going to gang up on her.

During the last few hours I went to bed as it was late at night, so I missed out on all of the Panda posts. I would have definitely voted for her because of her pleads to not vote for her with the typical "DONT VOTE FOR ME TOWN YOU WILL REGRET IT" and her posts throughout that period seemed unhelpful and forced.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for any errors in this post.

I'm a blunt person so sorry if anyone feels offended for what I say, it's nothing personal

My opinions on everyone have remained largely the same. The corrie lynch was dumb and easy waste of a lynch. those who were all for it I'm keeping my eye on

I'm actually probably the worst mafia player in existence when it comes to playing different roles. I can play town pretty decent but when I'm mafia it's incredibly obvious to everyone in the game.

I'm actually probably the worst mafia player in existence when it comes to playing different roles. I can play town pretty decent but when I'm mafia it's incredibly obvious to everyone in the game.

I'm a townie-vig-miller shapeshifter

I get the impression that you're really good at the game so I feel as though you'd be a very convincing townie if you were scum.

Here are my updated reads. I?ve tried my very best to be as thorough as I possibly could. Although most of it is just restating things from my previous reads, I included many more points.

Confident Town Lean
Town Lean
Null
Scum Lean
Confident Scum Lean

Seroja: My opinion of you has stayed the same. You've been actively asking questions and contributing rationally. Everything you have said so far can most likely be supported by fact. You are a really helpful town player and out of everyone I am most confident you are town because you have been so open.

Apple2013: My opinion of you has not changed as well. You?ve been an obvious scum hunter throughout the game. The majority of your posts have been asking questions and starting discussions with other players to help reveal more info.

Mogyay: I still have you as a town lean. You think very rationally and make good points in your posts. You also seem to be very open and genuine giving me a town impression.

Heyden: I also kept you as town lean because you are playing very differently from when you were scum last game. When you were scum, you were a bit more reserved and aggressive. Now you?re more open and contributive.

f11: I moved you to town lean. In all the games I?ve seen you play in, you?re a wild card and often difficult to get a read on. As scum I?ve noticed that you drill into players and act more aggressive when pushed. Now you?re more carefree and speak much more casually. I wouldn?t think you?d play so carelessly as mafia. Also you?ve made no eye catching scum reads from what I?ve seen.

Jacob: I have you as a slight town lean because now that I think back, your vote on Corrie did make sense and I apologize for not understanding your reasoning at first. I was exhausted to be honest lol

Damniel: I think I?m putting you as null for now. You?ve wrote some good points but most of your posts lack substance. I?m looking forward to maybe seeing a reads list from you soon. c:

xCleb: Not enough input.

Primarina: Not enough input as well.

Amanda: I know it?s still relatively early to suspect you but please hear me out. You are my weakest scum lean right now, but there are still a couple of things that caught my eyes as suspicious. You appear to be attempting to drive suspicion towards Trundle (one of my confident town leans) but haven?t yet explained why. I?ll give you the benefit of the doubt and wait for your reasoning behind suspecting him, but until then, your suspicion towards him is very flimsy. She also seems to be siding with Nightmares and Zendel, two of my scum reads. And if you actually are mafia, it would make sense to just put Panda as one of your scum reads at this point since she?s doomed already as tomorrow?s obvious lynch.

Zendel: I?m still not convinced by your town claim. Claiming doesn?t sound like something you?d do, it sounds like something you were put up to do. You even slipped up with the format of the role PM text flavoring and when people noticed inconsistencies, you quickly changed your tune. Then there?s the whole behavior change ordeal. You said this when I inquired about it:
It's true, I'm trying something new. I took Ness' advice and read up on techniques and me being a goofball didn't help in any of the previous games so I plan to be more serious now.
I do believe you have been looking at new play styles. I believe that 100%, but why would you change it if you were town? You?ve been one of the most open and convincing townies in the games I?ve played with you. And you were definitely not a goofball in those games, you were very helpful and I feel like you know it too. The only reason you?d change your play style is because you have to because you?re playing a different role. Then when more people became aware of your behavior you claimed to be having a bad day. So which one is it? To be frank, I think the bad day was an ATE to avoid further questioning regarding your new play style. You did this to make your new play style seem involuntary as opposed to forced and to make it sound much more innocent rather than deliberate. And then later, when asked who you thought was scum you answered this:
I have three guesses: Trundle, Heyden and Corrie.
Trundle and Hayden are two of my confident town leans, while Corrie flipped town. And you haven?t been touching any of my other scum leans. You see, it?s too perfect to all be a coincidence. (I know I said a lot of this in my earlier read, I just wanted to refortify and add some points)

Nightmares: You?ve been popping in and out and saying nothing too significant except for your reads. You also seem like you can?t speak freely like when you were town. You also jumped on the f11 bandwagon and now have her as a town lean which I thought was a bit odd. Also this post summarizes how you?ve been playing as opposed to how careless and casual you were in other games when you were town. (I believe it was Seroja who brought that post to light?) Your reads were pretty good for the most part though. And very much like Amanda, you put Panda among your scum reads likely because she?s a lost cause.

PandaDarling: I have no doubt whatsoever that you are mafia. You voted Corrie to save yourself, but I won?t hold you against you since it is commonly done by both town and mafia. Now for the obvious: You've been very aggressive lately, especially when people push you. You've also been a bit impatient and seem to be putting up a front and not talking freely. Need I remind you of "DONT VOTE FOR ME TOWN YOU WILL REGRET IT"

My guess is that there are five mafia members. I think it?s likely that my scum reads are in league with one another and it makes sense looking back, along with one of my null reads who has most likely been coasting along avoiding suspicion.

If I am killed by the mafia at this night, I encourage you to take it as a sign that my reads are on point.

Again, please excuse any typos and such. I can?t type for my life even when I look it over lol

Back