Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

By the way, I'm pushing for a panda lynch whereas mog isn't. Obviously there will be aggressiveness between us. But there's no hostility going on, at least not on my part.

Wow that was a super defensive post Seroja

That wasn't me defending myself. I was just questioning how to get a proper scumread if those two methods are not to be used. It rubs off the wrong way on me (is this how this phrase goes?) Or did you mean about hostility? I find the comparison silly tbh.

That wasn't me defending myself. I was just questioning how to get a proper scumread if those two methods are not to be used. It rubs off the wrong way on me (is this how this phrase goes?) Or did you mean about hostility? I find the comparison silly tbh.

Well you overexplained yourself and made a quick & big judgement on Jacob, that's pretty much what defensive is

being defensive doesn't necessarily mean you're defending yourself! also since i believe zendal is town despite the shady mistake i guess i'm leaning on voting panda since i don't have any heavier suspicions right now (i want to wait to see her post she promised you though) i'm not pushing her lynch though, you're right

Sorry for taking so long writing this, I'd rather have long thorough reads than hasty ones.

Key
  • Confident Town Leans
  • Town Leans
  • Null
  • Scum Leans
  • Confident Scum Leans

Seroja: You've been actively asking questions and contributing rationally. Everything you have said so far can most likely be supported but fact. You are a really helpful town player and out of everyone I am most confident you are town because you have been so open.

Apple2013: You have been an obvious scum hunter. The majority of your posts have been asking questions and starting discussions with others. I owe thanks to you for helping dig up so much info on others.

Mogyay: You've been among the most open of us all and seem like you have nothing to hide. You've also been contributing and putting in a good effort, giving me strong town vibes.

Heyden: Very much the same as mog. You've been very open and helpful. Also you've been substantially less aggressive as opposed to when you were scum in the last game. I'd still like to hear a bit more from you though lol

f11: You're a unique one, thats for sure. I have you as a slight town lean because I've noticed how you play as town as opposed to mafia. When you play as mafia you are much more aggressive and pushy. Now you're much more carefree and stubborn but oh well. You haven't contributed that much but he hasn't given any scum leans whatsoever. And I highly doubt you'd act so carelessly if you were mafia. Having said this, your behavior gives the mafia a chance to get an easy lynch and piggyback other's who notice your behavior. So I'll definitely be keeping an eye on those who choose to vote you, namely Nightmares and previously Zendel.

welcome to inactivity hell

Jacob: With only six posts, there's really not enough to go on.

Primarina: With only four posts, there's really not enough to go on.

Damniel: Not enough to go on as well.

xCleb: Not enough to go off on, but I do like his new post.

eun/amanda: There is literally nothing to go off on.

Corrie: Honestly, I don't find you too suspicious.
Maybe you for targetting a newer player to get town to easily lynch them?
This post reeks of newbie syndrome and honestly does not sound like something scum would say. If you're voting for her, I suggest you reconsider because I feel there are more threatening people to worry about.

Zendel: I'm honestly torn. Everyone's been going along with believing that his townie roll claim was true and its almost subconsciously become known as fact, but perhaps it was a lie. He's been acting very fishy, and I'm not done addressing his change in mood. Take these two posts for example:
It's true, I'm trying something new. I took Ness' advice and read up on techniques and me being a goofball didn't help in any of the previous games so I plan to be more serious now.
When I pointed out his change in behavior first, this is what he said. Could he be changing his play style because he's scum? Then later when more people began to notice his mood change as well, he claimed to be having a bad day. So which one is causing the mood change? Also, he previously said this when asked who he thought was scum:
I have three guesses: Trundle, Heyden and Corrie.
all of these are in my nulls or town leans. He hasn't been touching my other scum leans. The more I look back, the more the pieces all fall together. So I have one question, why are you voting Corrie as opposed to the other scum leans who have more going for them as scum?

Nightmares: You've been popping in and out saying nothing to contribute and jumping on the f11 bandwagon.

PandaDarling: You've been very aggressive lately, especially when people push you. You've also been a bit impatient and seem to be putting up a front and not talking freely. I've elaborated on this in one of my previous posts.

phew I'm finally done! Please excuse any typos and such, and if you have any questions please ask.

Well you overexplained yourself and made a quick & big judgement on Jacob, that's pretty much what defensive is

being defensive doesn't necessarily mean you're defending yourself! also since i believe zendal is town despite the shady mistake i guess i'm leaning on voting panda since i don't have any heavier suspicions right now (i want to wait to see her post she promised you though) i'm not pushing her lynch though, you're right

I realise my mistake, and I would like to apologise to Jacob for going off on him. And I'm sorry everyone if I was acting out of line.

I realise my mistake, and I would like to apologise to Jacob for going off on him. And I'm sorry everyone if I was acting out of line.

I appreciate the apology but I would still like to address some of the things you mentioned in that last post, keeping the defensiveness out of it:

What are you saying? So we're not supposed to be using meta, but we should also not look at content? Pray tell, what should we use to look for scum then?

There are many ways to look for scum. I know you're smart because I've played quite a few games with you. If you can't sit down and think of more ways to scum hunt than META and content (Which in fact I was not endorsing against), then that right there is an indication that you are playing as yourself.
I'll give you an idea though, just to help out anyone else who actually doesn't know: Behavioral changes throughout posts, insecurity with voting, sporadic read changes, appeal to emotion, inconsistency with information and incapability to keep up with revealed information, and many more, can all be justified methods of scum hunting.

I agree that not posting a lot of posts or long paragraphs is not indicative of mafia, but the content of the post is very important.
I'm glad you recognize this because that is actually not what I said. I was arguing for the fact that even a little information is hard to come up with on day 1. Content wasn't actually mentioned at all in my post. If you are referring to "lackluster," I guess I used the wrong word to get my point across as I wasn't referring to lackluster content. I meant it in a more, not essay length reads.

eh, i'm null on jacob and while i don't think anyone should be called out for having small reads why settle for lackluster reads.. "lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring." it is sort of a weird thing to point out, so far no one except panda has fallen into that category imo

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops jacob legit just addressed my post b4 i even posted it haha, disregard then, i figured it might be just a wrong choice of word

So many people online lmao

Anyone care to address my reads? I'd be happy to specify something that's not clear

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just want to start some conversation to be honest, this should be the most critical time of the day

I appreciate the apology but I would still like to address some of the things you mentioned in that last post, keeping the defensiveness out of it:

There are many ways to look for scum. I know you're smart because I've played quite a few games with you. If you can't sit down and think of more ways to scum hunt than META and content (Which in fact I was not endorsing against), then that right there is an indication that you are playing as yourself.
I'll give you an idea though, just to help out anyone else who actually doesn't know: Behavioral changes throughout posts, insecurity with voting, sporadic read changes, appeal to emotion, inconsistency with information and incapability to keep up with revealed information, and many more, can all be justified methods of scum hunting.

I'm glad you recognize this because that is actually not what I said. I was arguing for the fact that even a little information is hard to come up with on day 1. Content wasn't actually mentioned at all in my post. If you are referring to "lackluster," I guess I used the wrong word to get my point across as I wasn't referring to lackluster content. I meant it in a more, not essay length reads.

Thank you Jacob, I feel really bad after I calmed down. Oh yeahh those are indeed other ways too look for scum but I just chalked them all up to just 'content' lol. Duly noted though. Also, thank you for explaining your post better, I understand now. I definitely flew off the handle for nothing. I will keep my temper in check in the future. Thank you Dan and mog for calling me out.

So many people online lmao

Anyone care to address my reads? I'd be happy to specify something that's not clear

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just want to start some conversation to be honest, this should be the most critical time of the day
okay...I'll bite. I think players are too trusting of trundle right now. Yes he has contributed to discussions and asked questions but idk I still can't put him down as town for some reason. Also he changed his opinion of my alignment like 3 times this game :p

okay...I'll bite. I think players are too trusting of trundle right now. Yes he has contributed to discussions and asked questions but idk I still can't put him down as town for some reason. Also he changed his opinion of my alignment like 3 times this game :p

Well to be fair, you haven't been the easiest person to get a read on :p And also if you can, I'd like a clearer example of what you mean by this.

I mean if you think I'm not a dead tell town at this point I don't understand you. You know how I play as town and you know I'm the most obvious town player on TBT. Also source for changing my opinion of you? Because I'm pretty null on you even now even though I was scum leaning at some points.

Building a reads post/case for a lynch.

I noticed that. He put you as scum lean and then said to mog that he's not scumreading you. I wanted to address that in my read, but I just assumed that he may have changed his opinions on the go based on what you've posted so far.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops ninjad

- - - Post Merge - - -

@tensu: I like your read on Zendel. You've raised valid points. I think I'll keep an eye on him and not dismiss his posts, which I tend to do once I have them on townread.

here is an update on my scum leans...
i'
m trying to decide who to vote for today...its a toss up between Zendel and Corrie i haven't played with either of these people before so i may be reading them wrong but...

Zendel has rub me the wrong way from the get go, his constant excuse of not being around but still being around and his very quick role claim makes no sense to me what so ever. and then the confusion about his role PM was just icing on the cake for me.
Corrie on the other hand has just up and disappeared when the slightest of pressure was placed on them. its very sus.

as for Nightmares i think they are more in the null for me, coming across as 'dumb town' for lack of a better term, sorry.

as for some other people that may have moved around on my reads lists is Jacob he has moved from null to town.

I mean if you think I'm not a dead tell town at this point I don't understand you. You know how I play as town and you know I'm the most obvious town player on TBT. Also source for changing my opinion of you? Because I'm pretty null on you even now even though I was scum leaning at some points.

Building a reads post/case for a lynch.
nah I forgot how you play tbh. I think your town but I'm just not as confident as tensu is.

Reads

Tensu - I don't know who you are or where you came from but you make some really good posts. I've never seen you in a game before so I don't know how you normally play. However, your posts scream town and your reads are very good and supportive.

Seroja - I think your posts have been very pro-town so far. It seems you are putting thought into the game and trying to articulate it well. However, I know that you are an amazing mafia player, and discernment between your mafia and town play is nearly impossible until later in the day. Keeping you town for now.

Jacob - Jacob's playstyle this game is different from other games I have seen him play. I can tell he cares about who we are going to lynch and is concerned about finding scum.

mogyay - Leaning town just based on posts.

Heyden - Leaning town just based on posts.

Primarina - Can't really get a read, not much to go off of.

xCleb - Ehh

Zendel - Probably dumb town

Nightmares - You never know with Nightmares, but they play bad regardless of alignment.

f11 - Slightly scum leaning based on apathetic posts but for some reason is criticizing others for mild cases of apathy (very passive aggressively).

Panda - I'm going to be honest. I think Panda is mafia every single game I play with her. We have polar opposite personalities and will never get along well. Nonchalant reads and never actually makes any good cases. I would make her color a little bit less red but I'm too lazy for that right now. Also kinda suspicious that both her post count and bell count are 2361 right now. Anyway, onto my actual read below.

Corrie - Why has Corrie been avoiding the thread? I think there are a few options. Either she is just scared and non-confrontational townie, or she is trying to remove attention from herself. Me theory is that her scum team told her in mafia chat to just stop so we don't lynch her and lose a mafia day 1. She has been online TBT but avoiding the thread. If this behavior continues throughout the game, we may as well just lynch her now. We are never going to find out more about whether or not she is mafia because it will be bare minimum contributing until near the end of the game.

Didn't include amanda or Daniel because they really haven't been around to post much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Obviously I'm going to keep a vote on Corrie. I suggest you all do the same. It could be now or never for lynching Corrie.

Back