• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Overwatch

SpiritofAce

The Barista
Bells
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Hey! I couldn't find another Overwatch thread on here, but feel free to delete this if there is one and I didn't notice.

I thought that this forum needed a place for Overwatch players to discuss the game, find other players and perhaps form groups if that's what you're looking for. I'll do my best to post Patch-Notes here as well if a lot of people use this thread.

Post whatever Overwatch related content you like - including highlights, memes, general discussion, or if you're here to try and find other players to group up with you can do that, too!

Me personally I like to play a lot of 3v3 Elimination - I don't have any friends that play anymore, so it would be good if I could find others here who also like playing Elimination. I like the majority of the Arcade game-modes aswell, including Mystery Heroes and Capture the Flag. Of course I play Quick Play and Competitive as well, but only if I'm in the right mood for it. I've been playing since late 2017, so I feel confident playing the majority of the heroes.

Have fun! :)

I've been a regular player over the years having some breaks in-between. I'd narrow my 3 favorites to play as by role being Mercy, Ashe, and Roadhog. 3v3 is probably one of my favorite modes too. I play a lot of Arcade and do some Quick Play as well. Not really big on competitive myself. It's a lot of stress being solo queue. I'm really worried about the experimental patch notes for Brigitte. They are coming down really hard on her. She used to be one of my favorite supports, but she's just so hard to play as these days. It's really unfortunate considering she used to be one of the most powerful upon her release.

I played Overwatch on Xbox since launch (500+ hours I think on my mains D.Va and Mercy?) and stopped around the time Brigitte was released cuz I kinda hate it now 😂 Initially due to the majority of players being unwilling to play healers and tanks I tried filling each game which led to me maining D.Va and Mercy. Reached mid diamond for a few seasons, but due to the placement system and lack of luck in team-matching I got discouraged from the game (think I've been low plat/gold since then). I was always solo-queueing and it made me feel like my skill didn't matter nearly as much as luck (hoping that teammates would cooperate, nobody would leave / throw) especially since I was mainly playing support.

Sorry to put a negative spin on your post but I'm glad there's people who still enjoy the game!

I used to play Overwatch quite a lot for a while after it came out, and was very into all the lootbox mechanics since, at the time, those were kind of new for me. However after a while I kind of just stopped playing it, because while I enjoyed playing with my cousin all the time, outside of that the game just stopped being as fun as it used to be. I tried to play competitive, but I was always stuck in silver and I never really found a 'main' that I liked to play as (at least not after they super nerfed roadhog T_T) so I felt like I couldn't really progress much.

I think I just ended up putting too much pressure on myself, and should've just enjoyed the game for what it is, not focusing too much on what my competitive rank/mmr was.

I'd like to play more of it, but it's a little bit too demanding for my laptop.
My main is Pharah, she's a lot of fun to play.

And I know people hate the lootbox system, but I like getting rewards with every new level. It's fun to accumulate these vanity things over time.

The only arcade mode I really like is total mayhem because it reminds me of urf in league and spamming abilities xD (although it does make capturing the point rather tedious lol)
I like playing mercy a lot because of her movement and cool things you can do with her GA like superjumping and i love getting (or attemping) sneaky rezzes off!

And I know people hate the lootbox system, but I like getting rewards with every new level. It's fun to accumulate these vanity things over time.
Haha I'm a Pharah main too! 😄
Agree with you on the Lootbox system - I haven't spent a single penny, and it's easy to accumulate plenty of Lootboxes just by playing the game often enough. I've got loads of cool skins.

I used to but got bored with it, plus loot boxes.

It's a frustrating game to play alone with randomers and I dont have the schedule to get a group together.

I also have a bit of an issue with the lootboxes. As much as I tried to avoid them, it was inevitable I would slip at some point and bought one...Which instantly led to a lot more. At that point I stopped before it got far too out of hand, something that shouldnt be a concern for me when playing a friggin video game.

It's the being able to pay for them that's the issue, not loot boxes themselves.

Lootboxes have existed in games for as long as I can remember (ever looted dead enemies for random drops?). Its a fun mechanic.

Add pay options for as many as you want? Well now you're allowing kids to take advantage of an unfamiliar parents credit card, those with mental health issues that may not necessarily grasp the cost of what they're doing to unwittingly hand their money over for a spray, people with gambling issues a place to do that as much as they want with no limits.

Publishers and fanboys will always point towards people with lots of money spending it how they want to, but more often than not it isnt wealthy people spending hundreds on these things, it's people who for one reason or another dont grasp what they're doing or havent identified it as an issue yet.

And most importantly...They just dont need to be monetized. Its publishers being greedy as per usual, selling you the solution to a problem they created.

I'm fine with lootboxes as long as they're earnable. Lootboxes are gambling, but I think everybody is responsible for themselves or their kids.
At the end of the day, Overwatch also gives you points with each lootbox which allows you to buy specific things, which is perfectly fine to me.

Are coorperations greedy? Yes. But ever since DLC have been introduced I personally supported the notion that people vote with their wallet.

I've been playing on and off for 3 years with my two mains being Roadhog and Baptiste! Im not on it nearly as much anymore to be confident playing competitive but I love playing quick play causally.

Hey! I couldn't find another Overwatch thread on here, but feel free to delete this if there is one and I didn't notice.

I thought that this forum needed a place for Overwatch players to discuss the game, find other players and perhaps form groups if that's what you're looking for. I'll do my best to post Patch-Notes here as well if a lot of people use this thread.

Post whatever Overwatch related content you like - including highlights, memes, general discussion, or if you're here to try and find other players to group up with you can do that, too!

Me personally I like to play a lot of 3v3 Elimination - I don't have any friends that play anymore, so it would be good if I could find others here who also like playing Elimination. I like the majority of the Arcade game-modes aswell, including Mystery Heroes and Capture the Flag. Of course I play Quick Play and Competitive as well, but only if I'm in the right mood for it. I've been playing since late 2017, so I feel confident playing the majority of the heroes.

I've been playing Overwath since Beta and can say that I love the game still as it's one my sister and I find ourselves constantly going back to regardless of the backlash it may receive.

I am a Comp/QP kind of gal but do occasionally like Mystery Heroes or CTF. I find Web Browser very entertaining but can never really find anybody within my age bracket to play with aside from my sister. Luckily I have 2 other friends whom I have known since middle school play now so it's more fun! I end up playing more casual than competitive for the most part. I flex as tank/support majority of the time.

Here's hoping we get some OW2 news soon! 😊

Love a bit of Overwatch but haven't played recently, in about a year. I still have halloween boxes on it, exciting stuff. I always played as Sombra and tried to take over the server for my team, some great revenge kills as sombra and nothing feels better than that rat-tat-tat-ding of a headshot.

I've been playing since 2008 and I enjoy quickplay and competitive most. I wasn't into it at first, didn't understand the appeal, and then I played it. Hooked. I played everyday and got my ranking up to platinum in Widowmaker and Soldier. I miss it sometimes but just don't have the time for it anymore.

Yes more people who play Overwatch!

So, I've been playing since around anniversary 2018, and I am predominantly a D.Va main. I started on Xbox, but I also have it on Switch and PC. Though I play D.Va, a lot. I started off as a Mercy main, and she's still my go to healer, though I can also play Moira pretty well. For DPS I like to play as Ashe (I have the aim of a potato though), Mei, Torbjorn, Bastion and Sombra. For other tanks I can Reinhardt, Orisa, and occasionally Sigma.

I'm not too into competitive though I've been playing a lot more comp last season, frustratingly enough ended up bronze for tank and support, but silver for DPS and open queue. I feel I'm a better player than my rank says, but I end up with people who don't know the meaning of the words 'team up'... If you're interested in playing though, let me know and we can sort it out! I'm in GMT/BST but am up till about midnight anyway, unless I'm in work :D

I bought overwatch after the free week for switch online, had been meaning to try it for a while. My online is actually expired now so I can't play (I'm using that as an incentive to play non-switch games), but it's been fun experimenting after only watching for years.

I main Lucio, Junkrat and Roadhog for each class. They're a lot of fun! Gotta get back into it after I finish up some other titles.

Back