Overwatch General Thread

I've never had someone leave, and if they did they reconnected within 10 seconds in ranked. Is that a problem only for lower levels? I'm around rank 54 and I never see it happen, but from everyone else it seems to happen for rank 40 and below.

I have never had anyone leave a competitive game and I am rank 37.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just played 4 rounds as Mercy and I had a lot more fun than I thought. I even got thanked in the comments by a Hanzo I was buffing. It's nice to be appreciated!

I think I am gonna buy a legendary skin for her. What do you guys prefer out of all four?

All of Mercy's legendary skins look terrible, Amber and Cobalt are the best ones tbh

I've never had someone leave, and if they did they reconnected within 10 seconds in ranked. Is that a problem only for lower levels? I'm around rank 54 and I never see it happen, but from everyone else it seems to happen for rank 40 and below.

Well when I finished participation I was rank 45.

But I did a couple of matches with friends where our team average/teams we were against were in the 50's. I didn't notice any leavers, though I also didn't know it was an issue at the time, so I wasn't looking out for it. I ranked up though, so I assume there wasn't many leavers if there were any.

In solo que I started at 46. Pretty much 95% of the matches had leavers, and I ended up dropping from 46 to 38. In fairness I'll admit I was doing pretty badly and deserved to lose a rank or two, but I was still winning enough that I should have only dropped to 43 at the very least if I was getting the 'correct' exp rewards...Not plummeted to 38.

So from my experience it has happened more to me in the 40's bracket, but it's not exactly a reliable source since it's not something I was looking out for or aware was an issue when grouped in the 50's.

Though another issue is it makes it hard/tedious to even leave the 40s. I think it's realistic for me to say I could hit 50 if this wasn't an issue, at least if I stick to playing as D.Va and Reaper, but I had a hard time even getting from 38 back to 40 because the exp I was losing from a single loss was significantly outweighing exp I was gaining from multiple wins...

Because of this is most of my solo que's have mostly been strings of mostly boring matches where I roflstomp the enemy team as D.Va, spam the taunt emote + 'salty' spray like the arrogant douche I am and take home all my teams gold medals (except for healing, obviously)...Eventually followed by 1 loss that makes all that progress redundant.
The result of that is I'm having boring matches that aren't really challenging me like they should, other players are getting unfairly wrecked by a douchebag D.Va player that keeps doing the 'disco ball' taunt on their corpses and nothing can be done about it because it's so hard/takes so long to get away from that rank and into one I belong in because of people leaving. It's not fun for me and I can't imagine it being fun for the other team either...Though at least I'm getting a lot of use out of D.Va's "is this easy mode?" voice clip.

The issue could probably be solved by whatever the skill rating/team average/whatever is at the start of the match, it stays like that regardless of people leaving. If it's average 50 at the start it should be average 50 at the end, especially since 'the end' is when a majority of the rage quitting happens.
I mean, why does it even work the way it does now anyway? The way it works now essentially meant Blizzard for some reason had a lot of trust in people to not be arseholes...

I think I am gonna buy a legendary skin for her. What do you guys prefer out of all four?

I preferred the 'cobalt' skin to her legendary ones but if I had to choose one, I would go with one of the two 'Norse' skins (the one whichever color pallet you prefer). The devil ones seem a bit 'meh' to me, whereas the Norse ones make her look like Valkyrie, and Valkyrie is cool (Isn't one actually called 'Valkyrie'? Pick that one. Be cool.)

I did it again yay
rfcQfBG.png

tfw quadkill

As for Mercy skins Valkyrie and Sigrun are my favourites. The devil/imp kinda weird me out.

mhmhm anyone knows if Blizzar will put a free trial for the game? I really need to see if my laptop can run it before buying the game

My top played are Mercy, D.Va, and Tracer.
Though I barely play Quick Play or Competitive. Mostly practice vs ai. Reason #1: Im bad at the game.
Reason #2: I dont need salty people when Im playing a game I enjoy.
Reason #3: My pc lags enough as is

I've started using Genji properly for the first time.

My new favorite thing to do is find a Bastion, stand behind him, taunt for the killscreen and then punch him in the back so he turns around.

Though I'm kind of surprised how many people still seem to think "Genji's using deflect, I better fire right at him!". It's like the one thing that Bastion should be ready to stop firing at.

I'm usually pretty alert when a Genji uses his reflect or a Zarya puts up a barrier but I mostly play Mercy so it doesn't even matter...

But it always is hilarious seeing a Genji trying to reflect Symmetra's main fire. And it isn't a reaction, they know what they're being hit by and they still try to reflect it lmao

I'm usually pretty alert when a Genji uses his reflect or a Zarya puts up a barrier but I mostly play Mercy so it doesn't even matter...

But it always is hilarious seeing a Genji trying to reflect Symmetra's main fire. And it isn't a reaction, they know what they're being hit by and they still try to reflect it lmao

Sometimes I just deflect on instinct and then I'm like "****, I'm a big dumb idiot poophead god damn I can't believe I've done this"

On another note I just got a Reaper voiceline that says "I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath" are you serious Reaper
The edge is strong

I need that voice line even if I've only played Reaper 3 times that's gold

I'm pretty alert for it too, but I play D.Va and Zarya quite a lot as well, so with them being 'larger' characters/targets at the front of the group, it often doesn't matter if I stop shooting (not that Zarya has to) because the rest of my team keeps firing and often kills me anyway when my shields are on CD...

It's the feeling of betrayal that hurts the most.

When I woke up this morning I got so scared because I faintly heard my dad mowing the lawn while I was half asleep and as I started to wake up it got louder
I thought it was Junkrat's riptire XD

I need to take a break from this game, seriously

Back