• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Overhauling your town?

Foxxie

๐”ฝ๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ž ๐”น๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•๐•๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•๐•’๐•๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•จ๐• ๐• ๐••
Bells
Switch
5327-7490-3517
Cherry (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Voodoo Doll
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Red Candy
Cake
Heya guys :)

So I have been becoming increasingly bored with my main town Bevelle... It's my first original town and I don't want to reset... so I decided to have a major town renovation.

I have starting pulling up my flowers and chopping down trees, demolishing PWP's etc... all of my villagers except 4 will be leaving as I re-plot the houses into a better position.

I am actually really enjoying it and wondered if anyone else had done similar... giving their town a major overhaul instead of resetting altogether? How did you feel when it was done? Was it better after or did you wish you hadn't bothered?

If anyone has pics of the changes, they are most welcome also :)

Foxxie
x

Yeah i'm doing that with my town Oakwood. I was thinking about resetting but i changed my mind and pulled my figure out... It looks so beautiful now even tho i have only just started! XD

That's what I'm currently doing. :) I had flowers and trees everywhere and I chopped them all down and dug up all the flowers. I demolished all my PWPs I had placed too. I'm working towards getting the permanent villagers I want for now and then I'm going to start laying down paths, etc. It feels nice to have goals in-game to work towards when you get a little bored of playing. Changing things up is fun lol. It is a little tiring at times of course, but hopefully the end result will turn out great after all the effort is put in! ^^ I hope your town will look awesome after its renovation too! :D

no i haven't done this, but i'm sure i will in the future!
it's a great way to re-vamp your love for your current towns without having to start over fresh.

It is very refreshing :) I am currently TT to get some PWP's demolished more quickly :) Need to do the wetsuit trick to unlock some more also... I must admit it has totally renewed it for me :)

I'm slowly doing this with my main town. I've been tearing down pwps, moving stuff, digging up and planting stuff in new places, etc. I don't want to reset either after all the progress I made in the town so I want to do it again from scratch instead

I tried this before I reset my town. I got very pleased with it, but I was still very inexperienced with plot resetting and the void and things like that. So I ended up resetting all together instead since I got less and less happy the more voids moved in and I had to let go of favourites villagers, more and more, and then I realised the town map wasn't ideal anyway and a lot of those feeling crept up. But now I am much more experienced with everything, so if I grow tired of my town I think I will be doing an overhaul instead of resetting all together :D It would be fun to see pictures of your overhaul before and after when you are done!

In my guest town I have plans to remodel it once scorpion season is over.
I chopped a lot of trees and removed flowers. While hunting for the tarantula I looked at the big empty spot and said time to move things. The tarantulas got caught. So I'm going to start putting down tiles as marks to see if I like the setup.
Think the flower clock could go in front of the train station with a park around it.

after 3 months of playing and hoarding everything, and building cheap small pwps in a haste in places I didn't want villlagers to move, it got overwhelming. I wasn't bored as such, but I wasn't doing much as I didn't know where to start, the task seemed too big. So I started to organise my flowers, moved some to the beach and made some room. I'm not TTing, so I'm destroying a pwp each day. It's taking a long time but it's a lot more interesting than it was before.

Which villagers are you keeping foxxie? I will go visit your DA again :)

I've been doing this recently! I'm kicking villagers out, making entirely new paths, and replacing my previous tree layout. Though, my town wasn't "finished" to begin with so I guess it's not so much an overhaul as a big swerve in direction, lol

mgiwWZU - Imgur.jpg

a98q4Oe - Imgur.jpg

kgJ1Ngn - Imgur.jpg

Qc3Rjl9 - Imgur.jpg

I've been overhauling my town Stilton.I'm a bit tired of laying paths so thought I'd use the natural resources of the town to make paths and section off flower patches.I also got a couple of better looking villagers to offset some of my less attractive villagers(heh...I have Canberra,Tabby and Wart Jr. in this town)and I've been putting up a lot of new PWPs.

I've been turning my town around for the better, making it plotted out and getting villagers that I can actually look at by cycling (today I got Barold though. BAROLD) and so far I'm really happy!!

That's what I plan on doing with Oxalis when I get bored. I will probably make it a horror or depressing town lol

I've done that (not to mention countless times when I've changed up my town but on a smaller scale). I'm still currently doing that, trying to finish unlocking all the PWPs I want, changing up some paths and trees, and so on. It can get pretty boring at times but it can also be really fun and it gives me a way to set smaller goals for myself when I don't have much to do in the game.

I haven't gone that far, but I have completely kick-up all my paths and re-done all of my landscaping before, so many chopped down trees. I felt like a logging company! To me it was super fun and I really liked revamping my town. After I get the last few dreamies I need in my main town I am definitely going to be doing a big landscaping and have been saving up trees left and right for it! =D It's a really nice way to change up your town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(SNIP)
I've been overhauling my town Stilton.I'm a bit tired of laying paths so thought I'd use the natural resources of the town to make paths and section off flower patches.I also got a couple of better looking villagers to offset some of my less attractive villagers(heh...I have Canberra,Tabby and Wart Jr. in this town)and I've been putting up a lot of new PWPs.

That is like the coolest thing I have seen! Such a great idea for a path-less path! I can imagine doing that with presents. OMG! maybe I'll do something like this with candy in my Halloween town! I have seen people do small trails of stuff but not lining the paths. I really love this idea!

I'm in the process of overhauling my main town, Asgardia. I decided to go for a moody and dark forest town :) I'm almost done with the north part of town and currently working on landscaping around the town hall area :) I'm much happier with how it looks now and it's given me motivation to play again! I was really getting tired of my town and now I love it.

I was planting more trees and doing PWPs in my town, but recently I've started hating it. I have considered resetting, because I don't mind all that much, but I feel like the fruits and items that everyone has given me will go to waste.

I'm getting sick of the placement of my trees, and i don't even know where to place everything. *deep sigh*

Altho I really like Nunnafinga's natural paths! So creative and happy :D

I did this once in my old town of Tokyo but then I decided that the town map was too difficult to landscape with so I resseted after some thought.

I hadn't played in Salem for well over a year. It's an absolute mess, but I don't want to reset. I'm planning to let villagers go, and work on cleaning it up and getting things more in line with the vision I have for it now.

Nunnafinga - That's a cool idea for getting your paths in order. Are those permanent markers, or just in place until you get bushes/trees that you want?

Last edited:
I tried this with my oldest town! I even had katrina's shop on main street and most of the badges, but in the in the end I just couldn't work around my layout, and ended up resetting anyways.

Back