Our Last Stand

Trela

Bells
<big><big><big><big><big><big>Our Last Stand</big></big></big></big></big></big>

<big><big>Sign-ups are over!</big></big>

This is it. This is the last Brawl Tournament I am hosting on this Forum. With the "Tourney-fags" leaving here and going to other Forums, Brawl is not far away from dying here. Me and my friends have been hosting Tournaments here since early 09', and we've made many new friends along the path to becoming great Brawl players. Our journey and adventure on this Forum ends with this Tournament.

Let's try and make this Tournament one to remember! I expect many of the old Brawlers here to attend, with the addition of some new ones that want to try out what these types of Tournaments are like. Now on to the stuff you need to know to survive in this Tournament!

<big><big>Information</big></big>

Tournament Date: July 1st
Tournament Type: Non-Live
Sign-ups end: June 30th
Host & Co-Hosts: Trela / andyisjudo & PieDisliker

Note: If you have any questions or need help with something, PM one of those guys!

<big><big>Ruleset</big></big>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">General Rules

Bracket Type: Double Elimination (Winner/Loser Bracket)
Stocks: 3 Stock
Timer: 8 Minutes
Items: None

- All Sets are best out of 3 matches, with the exception of Winner's Finals (WF), Loser's Finals (LF), and Grand Finals (GF), which are best out of 5.

- If the Timer runs out, the winner is determined first my their Stocks and then by their % Damage.

- If a match ends with a character doing a "suicidal" attack (Kirby's Inhale, Wario's Bite, etc.), then the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

- The Ledge Grab Limit is 50 Grabs. Anymore past that and you lose the Set.

- IC's Chain Grab must end after 200%, or it will be considered an act of Stalling.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, batteries off, etc) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

- The winner of the Winner's Bracket MUST be beaten in two GF Sets, while the winner has to beat the opponent in one GF Set.

Banned Tactics

- Stalling is banned, which is the act of avoiding ALL conflict on the stage to make the game unplayable. Running away to get to a better position is not Stalling, while Planking with MK is. If your opponent is Stalling, report it to me in the Chatroom. Stalling results in a loss of the Set.

- MK's Infinite Demensional Cape glitch is banned.

- DDD's Infinite Standing Chain Grab is banned. DDD's must Run-and-Grab when Chain Grabbing.

- Scrooging with MK is banned, which is repeatedly Gliding under a Stage to make yourself untouchable by your opponent, which is an act of Stalling. If your opponent is Scrooging, they must land an attack on you after no more than two Glides.

Stage Rules

- The first match of the Set must be played on a Neutural Stage. You may or may not use the Stage Striking Rule, which is when each player strikes 2 Stages from the Neutral Stage List and then must play on the last Stage remaining.

- The loser of the first match of the Set chooses the Stage the next match, AKA, their Counter Pick (CP). When you beat your opponent, pick a Stage out of the Stage List and "ban" that Stage for the rest of the Set so your opponent may not CP it. After this, your opponent should tell their CP Stage to you in the Chatroom, and if the game starts and the Stage is not the one your opponent wanted, Suicide (SD) three times and make sure you or your opponent knows what Stage they CP'ed. Repeat this process with every Set.

- You may NOT CP a Stage you previously won on, and you may NOT CP a Stage you banned against your opponent.

- If it is agreed upon by both players, you and your opponent may play on a Banned Stage.

Stage List

Neutural Stages
Final Destination (FD)
Battlefield (BF)
Smashville (SV)
Yoshi's Island (YI)
Pokemon Stadium Melee (PS1)

Counter Pick Stages
Halberd
Castle Siege (CS)
Delfino Plaza (DP)
Brinstar
Jungle Japes (JJ)
Frigate Orpheon (Frigate)
Lylat Cruise (Lylat)
Pictochat (Picto)
Rainbow Cruise (RC)

Note: All other Stages are banned.

Other Rules

- Each Round will have a set Time Limit to be completed. Here's what to expect for each Round:

Round 1 - 7 Days

Winner's Bracket: Round 2 - 5 Days
Winner's Quarter Finals - 4 Days
Winner's Semi Finals - 3 Days
Winner's Finals - 2 Days

Loser's Bracket: Round 1 - 5 Days
Loser's Bracket: Round 2 - 4 Days
Loser's Bracket: Round 3 - 3 Days
Loser's Bracket: Round 4 - 3 Days
Loser's Bracket: Round 5 - 2 Days
Loser's Quarter Finals - 2 Days
Loser's Semi Finals - 2 Days
Loser's Finals - 2 Days

Grand Finals - ASAP

- Time Limit Extensions may be given if a valid excuse is accepted first.

- The Bracket Image will be up the day of the Tournament in the Post below this one.</div>
<big><big>Sign-ups</big></big>

Note: To sign-up, please Post your Friend Code.

<big>Trela</big>
FC: 5112-3107-7754

<big>Lisamilitz</big>

<big>Kilex - PM Trela</big>

<big>Joe - PM Trela</big>

<big>Jake - PM Trela</big>

<big>Josh.</big>
FC: 1118-9540-1673

<big>Bacon Boy</big>
FC: ???

<big>bcb</big>
FC: 2105-8322-7000

<big>Phaze</big>
FC: 3952-6683-6662

<big>andyisjudo</big>
FC: 3867-3811-2442

<big>John102</big>
FC: 0301-9498-3002

<big>Horus</big>
FC: 2020-1229-8072

<big>cornymikey</big>
FC: 4124-4823-9209

<big>Cris</big>
FC: 2107-2249-2149

<big>Ryudo_Dragoon</big>
FC: 4983-7219-7965

<big>Fillfall</big>
FC: 4210-9890-6472

<big>Hub12</big>

<big>masterfangs</big>
FC: 2105-8353-1469

<big>Kid Icarus</big>

<big>Zay+</big>
FC: 4725-7608-3851

<big>Rockman!</big>
FC: 3566-8071-1748

<big>Lecksi</big>

I hope everyone has a great time in what is to become our last stand. Good luck to you all!

<big><big><big>Our Last Stand: Bracket</big></big></big>

<big><big>Let's keep moving!</big></big>

Bracket Image: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4721/ourlaststand.gif

Last Updated - 7/25/10

Current Rounds

Loser's Bracket: Round 4

Bacon Boy Vs. Kid Icarus - By Friday

Zay+ Vs. Rockman! - By Friday

Loser's Bracket: Round 3

Josh. Vs. John102 - By Monday

cornymikey Vs. Horus - By Monday

See, you know I would, but I'm not used to playing Brawl without my texture hacks and I don't think you'd let me use them.

Bacon Boy said:
See, you know I would, but I'm not used to playing Brawl without my texture hacks and I don't think you'd let me use them.
I've been playing brawl with texture hacks on for a while.

It makes zero difference.
--

Who I am: bcb
The gateway password to me: 2105-8322-7000

Of course, I'm only joining under two and one half conditions. You, the TO, Trela, makes a paragraph for anyone and EVERYONE that was important to this community at a point.

(1/2, not really a condition but I do want) All semis, and finals matches get recorded (unless extreme lag problems). I can help with this.

And that I'll still be able to contact you in the future.

PieDisliker said:
Bacon Boy said:

--

Of course, I'm only joining under three conditions. You, the TO, Trela, makes a paragraph for anyone and EVERYONE that was important to this community at a point.

All semis, and finals matches get recorded (unless extreme lag problems). I can help with this.

Yea, but I have a textured Sonic that is now a Shadow with an entirely different move sets. I don't know if that'd be an unfair advantage or not. However, I know you won't let me use Giga or Warioman.

Bacon Boy said:
PieDisliker said:
Bacon Boy said:

--

Of course, I'm only joining under three conditions. You, the TO, Trela, makes a paragraph for anyone and EVERYONE that was important to this community at a point.

All semis, and finals matches get recorded (unless extreme lag problems). I can help with this.

Yea, but I have a textured Sonic that is now a Shadow with an entirely different move sets. I don't know if that'd be an unfair advantage or not. However, I know you won't let me use Giga or Warioman.
Oh, that's different. PSA changes will cause in de-syncing. :l

I've never participated in one of these, so what the hell. Gives me a reason to play Brawl again. I'll post my FC when I get it.

Bacon Boy: You can use Texture Hacks while you play in this Tournament, yes. If your characters have different PSA's on them, though, then I won't let you in.

bcb: You remember how I used to post my WOT's? Well, after this Tournament ends, I have one last one to give to you guys. And yes, we will ALWAYS be in contact with each other no matter WHAT.

*updates sign-up list*

TBT Name: John102
Link to profile: http://forums.the-bell-tree.com/profile/4018292/
Brawl Tag: Serk
FC: 0301-9498-3002

I'll try to see if I can get some friends to sign up. This is a pretty emotional moment for me actually. Trela, you introduced me to the world of competitive brawl, and through it I have made many friends, learned many things, and have had some of the best times ever. Your tournaments are what got me excited, and now that you won't host anymore on this forum, I am genuinely depressed. Let's just make this last one the best.

The first round will be then, which is 7 days long. I believe you'd have June 30th to July 6th to get a match done around that time. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

PieDisliker said:
The first round will be then, which is 7 days long. I believe you'd have June 30th to July 6th to get a match done around that time. Shouldn't be a problem at all.
okay thanks, I might join then, I am going somewhere around then, so will have to find out if I could still be in it, if I can I will get back to you with my friend code

<big><big><big>FINE JOHN, FINE :mad:(((((((((((((((</big></big></big>

2020-1229-8072

Back