• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

organising to meet a villager and they don't turn up??

flimsical

(◡‿◡✿)
Bells
Tasty Cake
i actually had no idea that this was possible because it's never happened to me in the year + a half i've been playing.
Hazel invited me to her house for 12pm; i don't usually like agreeing to set time visits because i often forget + they send me on a massive guilt trip ; n ;
anyway! i remembered to go there but she wasn't home, i thought maybe i had got the time wrong so i went about my town to find her and clarify the time, sure enough, there she was...then she apologises for not meeting me at the arranged time.
i thought i might've had a memory relapse, but no. SHE BETRAYED ME. i thought we were cool, Hazel, what gives ;c

is this a common thing or...?

Go out of the house, then come back. The villager will arrive most times. If it's a lazy one, might take a bit more.
You can receive a villager up to 15min past the time if i remember well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit: Nevermind just read it again -.-
It's a visit in the villager's house ^^' my bad
Well maybe next time try exiting to city then coming back, or save and quit then relog.
Then proceed to their house

Last edited:
but i was supposed to be meeting her at her own house, then when i did see her wandering about outside she admitted that she forgot and apologised for it?
i had just never known that was possible D:
maybe she just doesn't like me so much now, even though i did nothin' wrong

I think it's a rare occurrence but can just happen?
I mean at least she apologised for forgetting and didn't just act like nothing had ever happened x3
She probably likes you just as much as before, I wouldn't worry too much! <3

this is possible but its rare when it happens
they can actually do that

well i feel i've learnt something new then! hahah, i hope they don't all make a habit of this...
she said she would make it up to me so maybe she'll send me something in the mail, i haven't checked my town today though so we'll see.
she's just so sweet to be mad at her though, even with her ridiculous facial hair; when she first moved i couldn't help but think "oh no..." but she surprised me!

Were you walking about your town before you went to her house? If you were, there's a chance she was doing the same thing. She might have been walking back to her house, but it was just taking her a while to get there. I'd suggest doing what Trickyfox said, or just entering anywhere that reloads your town :p

Also, make sure that your gate is closed....they will not meet with you if the gate is open.

i feel so let down, lol!
at least now i know it can happen and my game wasn't just freaking out on me; next time a villager asks me to meet them at a certain time i might just decline - of all the times i remembered she completely forgot about me ;c
thanku all for clarifying though!
i didn't know they wouldn't visit if your gate was open either, luckily i rarely have my town open for visitors cos i only ever play with one friend, so lonely ~ /sob.

i usually forget when i make plans with a villager/i make plans with them and know i won't be in my town at the time. it's happened to me a couple times where the villager forgot and i just thought "well touch?"

Did you have someone visit your town after you agreed to visiting her at that time? If so, that is the reason why she didn't show up. That's happened to me a lot of times already, lol. It doesn't happen if you're the one who's visiting, though.

nah, she actually forgot - the little tyke actually admitted to it herself!
not to worry though, at least my confusion has been cleared up haha c:

It's happened abunch of times with a few villagers when they were suppose to visit me.
Waited 10 minutes pass the time and found the villager outside. They said sorry something came up.

If you get an invite to a villagers house they're in the house 10 minutes before the time. I always go early to get it over with.

Back