Ordering a Pizza: How much do you tip?

None of the places around here do take-out, so I have to go pick up my pizza. So no delivery guy to tip.

I usually do $5. But one time I ordered and it was during the winter, and all of a sudden the dusting of snow we were forecasted to get turned into a 5-8 inch snow storm. When the guy finally got to my house I apologized like crazy and gave him $10. I felt so horrible >_<

I hardly eat pizzas at actual restaurants since I mostly do take-away but yeah it all depends on the service and how good the pizza was.

That's horrible. I know they're young but I'm sure all of us would feel sad if no one gave us a tip after working so hard to deliver a pizza to a cient.

LMAO.

Nah, I don't tip either.
Not everyone feels the need to tip them. It's not horrible.

2-3$ max. The places are not that far from me and its a gallon of gas. They didn't even use that much to get to me.

In restaurants I tip way more. 5-10$. That's because after taxes, servers have no paychecks.

I purposefully order take out so I don't have to tip the delivery person. All the pizza places in town are relatively close to my house anyhow.

I purposefully order take out so I don't have to tip the delivery person. All the pizza places in town are relatively close to my house anyhow.
Yeah my local is just a minute or two walk down the street so yeah they are pretty expensive as it is.

ill always pick it up, ill never ask for delivery cause im cheap and wont tip if i dont have to :)

I'm a pretty good tipper.I'll usually tip 7 to 8 bucks for a 15 dollar pizza.I figure that people need to earn a living so i better tip high.But money has been tight lately.Now i'm eating at home and if we do order pizza, i pick it up.

I always tip because I know what it's like to work at a fast-food chain.
Plus delivery guys have to pay for their own gas and if they get in a wreck, etc..
So I just pay a flat out $5 at the very minimum.
Even if my order was small, because they still used up gas to get here.

I don't order pizza.
In Japan I might order pizza for me and my dad but they don't tip there.

Back