• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Opinion on Employees Wearing Masks?

Opinion on Employees Wearing Masks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still stand by what i said the last time i commented on this thread. i've had all three jabs, but i still wear my mask in all stores, and the few times i've forgotten, i've felt horrible. i think all people should be required to unless they have a genuine medical reason not to, especially considering the continued state of the UK, although both my mother and girlfriend are asthmatic, and my granddad has COPD, and they all wear masks just fine. it's a piece of cloth. it's not hurting you, but it can help decrease the risk of spread to others, especially those in vulnerable categories. people who refuse to just strike me as contrarian. (and that's coming from someone who also is, but not at the expense of other people's health/well-being.) i think people naive enough to say "shop elsewhere" forget that not everyone has that luxury either due to other shops being pricier or due to limited transport etc. and since people in the vulnerable categories (i.e. elderly and disabled people) are those most likely to not have that luxury, it seems especially ignorant to say.

now that vaccination rates are high it probably makes sense to phase out mask mandates for employees. personally it doesn't bother me if an employee isn't wearing a mask. we all have to be accountable for our own choices and--at least in the U.S.-- we have access to a lot of resources to help keep us healthy without the need for masks.

As much as I would love to believe that those not wearing a mask are probably vaccinated, that just isn't the case where I live. While my state has relatively high vaccination rates, my city and the surrounding counties are among the lowest, well below 50%. And now that our govenor has rolled back mask mandates, my area has become a major hot spot for Covid again. I just checked all the numbers today.

Yes, I can wear my mask and that will provide me some protection, but the best protection comes if others also wear a mask, social distance, etc. But even with the mask mandates, that wasn't happening. I could walk into any store at any time and only about half of the people in the building were wearing a mask properly (I'm not counting people with it pulled down under their chin as properly masked). Now with the mandate gone, I'm usually one of only a handful of people wearing a mask. I would love to just avoid stores entirely and I have been ordering a lot more online, but sometimes I don't have a choice and I have to enter a building. I do it and I wear my mask, but I'll never feel comfortable with it until Covid is under better control.

As much as I would love to believe that those not wearing a mask are probably vaccinated, that just isn't the case where I live. While my state has relatively high vaccination rates, my city and the surrounding counties are among the lowest, well below 50%. And now that our govenor has rolled back mask mandates, my area has become a major hot spot for Covid again. I just checked all the numbers today.

Yes, I can wear my mask and that will provide me some protection, but the best protection comes if others also wear a mask, social distance, etc. But even with the mask mandates, that wasn't happening. I could walk into any store at any time and only about half of the people in the building were wearing a mask properly (I'm not counting people with it pulled down under their chin as properly masked). Now with the mandate gone, I'm usually one of only a handful of people wearing a mask. I would love to just avoid stores entirely and I have been ordering a lot more online, but sometimes I don't have a choice and I have to enter a building. I do it and I wear my mask, but I'll never feel comfortable with it until Covid is under better control.
and being vaccinated doesn't stop the spread either, it only decreases the chances. for example, my brother is double vaccinated and recently had covid. (can't say how often he wears a mask though, if at all.) my girlfriend and her father have both had it twice, while her brother and mother have both had it once. all after having both vaccines, and she got it the second time after also having her booster as well as wearing a mask regularly and sanitizing etc. so i think the whole "now that most people are vaccinated, masks aren't necessary" rhetoric is a little nonsensical. being vaccinated doesn't stop you from catching, carrying or spreading covid, and that's why it's important to keep wearing them where possible until at least 95% of people are vaccinated and boosted, the strain on our healthcare systems (especially here in the uk) has eased, and we have better more effective treatment options both for the short and long term. once it has closer to the impact of, say, the flu or other diseases we've effectively vaccinated against, then i'd say we can drop the masks.

I don't care weather they wear a mask or not, if they do it doesn't make me feel safer than if they weren't. I also don't care if they are vaccinated or not, their body their choice right? Kind of weird some feel the need to make sure others are vaccinated. If you're at risk or feel safer getting it, then you get it and worry about you; mind ya own bizz basically.

Kind of weird some feel the need to make sure others are vaccinated. If you're at risk or feel safer getting it, then you get it and worry about you; mind ya own bizz basically.
idk, the doctors say the vaccine will help reduce the spread and subsequent illness/death of covid many are experiencing. also hospitals are kind of on their last leg and losing staff due to burn-out leaving people unable to get needed medical attention so it sort of makes sense to me that people are advocating/begging others to get the vaccine. its not just a personal choice if it puts everyone else at risk, and we need to work together to live in a society, so idk, it just makes sense to me. if it can help reduce illness and death and allow the world to go to the doctors office/hospital again like normal then im all for it

idk, the doctors say the vaccine will help reduce the spread and subsequent illness/death of covid many are experiencing. also hospitals are kind of on their last leg and losing staff due to burn-out leaving people unable to get needed medical attention so it sort of makes sense to me that people are advocating/begging others to get the vaccine. its not just a personal choice if it puts everyone else at risk, and we need to work together to live in a society, so idk, it just makes sense to me. if it can help reduce illness and death and allow the world to go to the doctors office/hospital again like normal then im all for it
my point still stands, because no you're wrong, it is a personal choice and I and many others I know have not gotten any vax's ✌️

my point still stands, because no you're wrong, it is a personal choice and I and many others I know have not gotten any vax's ✌️
they're not wrong because nowhere did they say it wasn't a personal choice, just why it perhaps shouldn't be and why people are asking others to get vaccinated. perhaps if i changed your original statement to "weird some feel the need to make sure others don't drive under the influence", it might give you some perspective, but i'm not going to argue about it. don't get vaccinated if you desperately don't want to for whatever reason, but don't act like people can't have an opinion on your decision or as though there isn't good reason for why they might want you to at least consider it properly.

it is a personal choice since it isnt mandated (i was stating that i think this goes beyond personal choice since it affects more than the individual making the choice). yes im aware other people arent vaccinated, my immediate family is very vocal about being firmly against the vaccine.

i dont know what you mean about me being wrong.. i was just sharing an opinion on why i am understanding about people wanting to advocate for vaccination

they're not wrong because nowhere did they say it wasn't a personal choice, just why it perhaps shouldn't be and why people are asking others to get vaccinated. perhaps if i changed your original statement to "weird some feel the need to make sure others don't drive under the influence", it might give you some perspective, but i'm not going to argue about it. don't get vaccinated if you desperately don't want to for whatever reason, but don't act like people can't have an opinion on your decision or as though there isn't good reason for why they might want you to at least consider it properly.
yeah and don't act like I can't have an opinion on yours or their statement either? I'm not trying to argue I put what I thought about the main question, you both quoted me, don't wanna talk to me then C-ya later. And comparing someone not wanting to get vaccinated with drunk driving? Yeah, wouldn't wanna argue with you. Sounds like a waste of energy.

yeah and don't act like I can't have an opinion on yours or their statement either? I'm not trying to argue I put what I thought about the main question, you both quoted me, don't wanna talk to me then C-ya later. And comparing someone not wanting to get vaccinated with drunk driving? Yeah, wouldn't wanna argue with you. Sounds like a waste of energy.
nobody said you couldn't. and if it's a 'waste of energy', don't reply. in both situations, your actions put other innocent people at risk, so there's no point acting like it isn't a valid comparison.

Yeah, I’m more against the mandates than I am the actual vaccine, but evidently I think it’s difficult to grasp that for some people. My issue comes from when certain places now are making it a requirement to be vaccinated in order to be there. My dad’s workplace even made it required (he got a religious exemption, however). If anything, the government needs to be less involved in people’s lives… if a place makes a vaccine required, I’ll happily shop somewhere else. Y’all can stick to your “vax only/mask only” stores if you desire. If I see that, though, you can bet I’ll turn around and shop elsewhere, willingly.

Last edited:
I am going to say what I need to say on this thread and If anyone disagrees with me thats fine, but I'll just say what I say. Anyone who mocks people wearing masks clearly doesn't understand why are they so much needed. Lets not forget how back in 2020 there was a Anti Mask Protest going on when the pandemic first started. Not to mention there was so much misinformation going on that many people didn't think masks didn't much, but as time went on it turned out that masks were effective of slowing the spread of Covid-19.

The problem is you have many people refusing to wear masks, which is one of the reasons why the Covid Cases went up so much. I personally wear a mask wherever I go. I see staff members wearing masks because at least they understand how serious the virus well. However, in 2022 because we are entering a time where virus is slowing down I've been hearing stuff on the news of the CDC coming up with new Mask guidelines which is another thing that can make things more confusing for both staff and normal people.

They really should make to wear if you had 2 vaccine shots and a Booster Shot you should not have to wear a mask and of course if anyone still didn't get a booster shot or 2nd vaccine they should still wear their mask. However, whatever they do people are going to be upset about this no matter what. Of course knowing how sensitive this topic has gotten and many would be triggered by "personal choice" its one of those things that should've never been made political in the first place, but I guess thats the world we live in these days.

TLTR: Staff should still keep wearing masks to protect themselves from the virus and normal people should not give them a hard time when they are trying to do their job and be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back