• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Older Players

Hi Brutongaster...

Thank you so much for your help!!

Almost right after I wrote that "Older Players" forum plea for Gracie "iconic" wear, Plum showed up on my network list.

Took us a while in-game because we had additional business to take care of.

So, I popped back on the forum to say all was well, and there was your message. Wow!

Even though I wasn't able to use what you graciously made available, the thought that you went through the trouble is just as awesome as having actually used those resources.

Your kindness won't go unnoticed. It will come back around to you one day.
I sure appreciate you.

If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Thank you again.

John from Lululand

- - - Post Merge - - -

And thank you too Plum!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gracie is opening up Shop in Lululand!!
Thank's again Plum and Brunogaster!

Last edited:
Whew!

Lululand is Open!

It's still being worked on, but at least I don't have all available space filled with objects.

I was arranging 4 lockers.... and it's still not exactly done!

Adding flowers... and changed their arrangement so many times. I was going for sets... like white then red then white.... and the same with other color sets. Looked too.... structured. Heh heh heh. So, now I'm trying to mix it up a bit. I probably should have just left it alone from the start. GRIN.

Take care everyone, and enjoy the game!!

John from Lululand

- - - Post Merge - - -

Youwe to add me.. I'm 32 will be 33 this year

Hi Branki!
Add me and I'll add ya right back, pronto. Have fun!

John from Lululand

Hummm...
Found out that there's a "Public Works" project limitation.

Now when I ask to start a new project, nothing appears on the list except train station modifications.

Looks like I might have to demolish something...

Darn.

Hehehe

At 12:00 AM or just a minute after, someone entered Lululand while I was in the train station.

When I came out of the Train station to greet them, they were gone, and I noticed that my GOLD hybrid roses in front were gone.

I'm not sure of the total damage yet, as I immediately set forth measures to identify this thief.

They were fast, and specific. I have yet to look over everything to see if there was anything other than the Gold roses taken.
It's like they knew where they were.

I immediately typed, "Please Return the Roses".

The game errored out (they probably disconnected their internet connection).

When the game reset, the hybrids were gone.

My 3DS Friend List identified exactly who was online and playing Animal Crossings at time timeframe of this event.

I believe I have identified this individual.

If you are reading this, please private message me with your intent to return everything you took.

I have no desire to publically defame your character. I have sent my true friends the information I obtained so they can beware.

This was not nice. The only people I have in my "Friend List" are those obtained from The Bell Tree forum... and finding you wasn't difficult.

Please change your ways. Had you asked me, I would have given you some of what I had... without reservation. You didn't even have to steal them. I would have given them to you.

Because I feel violated, I want you to return them with an apology. I do have your 3DS Friend Code reference. I guess you can reset (and you'll probably have to at this point), but it would be much better to just change your ways and not to do this to people who could have potentially been your good friend.

Please respond quickly.

John from Lululand

Last edited:
I am so sorry to read this. You have been so kind and trusting, it is a shame that someone took advantage of you. I hope they do the honorable thing and return them to you.DO you still have the Blue roses I left for you when I visited? If not, or if you would like more as well as other hybrids if you like you can come over and get some. I have lots on my beach. VM/PM me if you want to come over and get some hybrids.

I have a whole bunch of gold roses in my other town that you may have. I'll round them up and bring them by when I see your gate open.

Hi Misti!

I was feeling so bummed...
Until I got your message. It's people like you that make it all worthwhile... who make the game what it really can and should be.

As I watched this person enter Lululand (their name and town clearly displayed), I was happy to get a visitor so late. It's usually some new person getting a glimpse of the game's potential.

I so like to help these new players out, giving them a few things to ease the beginning play and learning curve.

But when I saw this person enter like lightening, going directly to prized hybrids... and taking without any care or compassion... I thought for a moment, "it just isn't worth the time and focus."

Then you come along, full of kindness and empathy... and the world is a better place again.

"Thank you" just doesn't seem to give your encouragement it's true worth. But it's certainly something that this world needs more of.

It's times like these that define people like you: simply wonderful.

Yes, I certainly do have those blue hybrid roses you gave me. They are most cherished, and they've made others. You have such a giving heart, and a very very special gift of being able to lift the weary soul.

You are certainly, in every sense of the word, a true Princess.

I had spent the entire day arranging those gold hybrid and other flowers, and after this event, I thought to just leave it all alone for a spell. But now I'm again ready to try and make Lululand a fun and exciting place to visit.

Thank you.

I wish the game allowed for manual input of "Best Friends". You'd certainly be at the top of the list.

Take care my friend...

John

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a whole bunch of gold roses in my other town that you may have. I'll round them up and bring them by when I see your gate open.

Another star shining bright in the darkness of the universe. Thank you carefree... For such a wonderful and kind heart.

I have so many flowers that the missing 16 gold hybrids won't really do too much damage.

I'm often away from the Game screen (used to be anyway), so I should count myself lucky that they only got one pocketfull. Had I not been there, they could have cleaned me out but good.

Your offer is just simply precious. But I'd be embarrassed to take them as you waded through a sea of flowers too delivery them.

It's like a guy complaining about getting 4 premium tires stolen when he's got a backyard full of them.

I'd be embarrassed for sure.

It was more about the mindset and heart of the individual who took them, especially when I probably would have given them some just for asking.

But that's where people like you, with a giving heart and a caring nature stand out like roses in a field of weeds.

You are truly beautiful.

Regardless, Lululand would be honored to have you visit. Most especially.

I've moved gold roses from other areas to fill in the front spaces... so no worries.

Thank you for lifting my heart up yet higher.

John

Hey guys
I am an older player as well, and was looking to join this thread too.
John, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, but I believe I may be able to help you out.
I'm a bit of a hoarder... so I can hook you up with as many gold roses as you need, man.
Seriously, just let me know how many you need and I'll bring 'em by.

Thank you for your kind words John, they did this old heart some good today. Enjoy your 4th of July day!

Hey guys
I am an older player as well, and was looking to join this thread too.
John, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, but I believe I may be able to help you out.
I'm a bit of a hoarder... so I can hook you up with as many gold roses as you need, man.
Seriously, just let me know how many you need and I'll bring 'em by.

Wow! The response to my unfortunate circumstances has produced, for all to see (and be encouraged by) the GOOD people that make up what this game is all about.

Thank you Kaede!

What a wonderful kind heart.

I've got plenty friend. Carefree, Misti, you... All have been so very thoughtful and have made this horrible experience something of a parade!

What others can see parading across their screen is kindness and thoughtfulness and how true Animal Crossings folk can come together and help one another.

Thank you.

I want to leave Lululand open whenever I'm home. That way, people can drop off Katie, or shop my late night stores, or get villager signatures... any time of day regardless of their location.

It's sure nice when you need to drop off Katie (dare I say, "unload") and someone's BF light is aglow. Or you need that last signature, or trade... Anything. And, the rooms in Lululand homes change frequently, offering an unusual delight.

But the caution that thieves will come is a reality. So I'm going to change my Best Friend list to include only those trusted "Older Player" forum gamers who already know not to run and destroy.

Like carefree just arrived a bit ago. We exchanged BF capability, and now I can leave the gate open all the time.

An issue will arrive when the BF list limit has been reached. But if I can acquire that many trusted friends... It will surely be enough.

Just let me know when you want to come by.
I'll open the "all visitors" to get you in for BF listing.

Thank you again

John

I would like to play, I am super happy to have some "older" players on this forum! I have added you so hope to see ya in the future

Idk if almost 20 counts as old yet, but hey I'm always open to meeting new people of any age.

John

I was so appalled after reading your message.... Anyone who knows you, knows you would not have thought twice about giving them some gold roses is they wanted them. The messages of support you have been sent just shows that as a community, had the person in question wanted some many of us would have offered, which is what makes the situation so much sadder.

Anyway on a lighter note..... The thief in question would make a pretty crap ninja, nothing says stealth like arriving on a train , announcing your arrival and town name... Smooth ninja skills, smooth ...

Take care
Peaches :cool:

Yikes! John, Sorry to hear about the flower thief! I know if someone took my purple hybrids without asking, I'd be steaming.
I'm an older player. I am 28. -_-'

Thank you all for your wonderful show of support.

You guys/gals are truly special... And I am sure that your caring thoughtful nature extends well past the game.

Where one bad apple almost ruined the Animal Crossing experience, the bushels of friends here put things right back into perspective... allowing the grief to fade, so I can smell the true roses of life. You, kind hearted people.

Thank you.
John

Hi folks!

Someone just asked me an interesting question.

"What is the age group for the Older Players forum? 20+, 30+"

While I can't speak for everyone, and never saw a specific age range specific to this forum, I can personally say that, to me, "Older" simply means you no longer have reasonable control of your mentation, hydration or elimination.

I'm kidding of course.

Basically, it's players who are no longer "childeren" in any sense of the word. Older... Older than what? Than Billy down the block who just turned 11?, or Susie who just had her wisdom teeth removed because that wisdom would have destroyed any hope at proper expression of self or image. Or grandpa, who just dropped his dentures in the toilet... and is fishing them out with a spoon?

It's all relative.

To me personally, it's simply someone who's past being a child, and is now content with being an adult. To place an age on such a thing would probably be summized as: Anyone over 18, but probably more like 20. I would be honored to meet and engage with someone over 100.

I prefer to engage with adults myself... because there's wisdom and there's self-control; teeth and body functioning aside.

Age... it's so relative. I've met 20 year olds who are still children in every sense of the word, and I've met adults who have never grown up, in a bad way. You just know when you interact with someone.... at any age. My son, 16, is more mature than I. Go figure.

"Older".... so subjective a term. I'd say, "Mature with good self-control, who's focus is on being appropriate around others, than focusing on self." I think that's the key; moving away from childhood.... "self" is no longer forefront, and "others" politically takes that place.

Way too much information. Brevity is not my superpower.

John from Lululand

Last edited:
Hi John. It really sucks that someone took advantage of you like that. I've yet to encounter any scammers or thiefs myself. *knock on wood* Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Looking forward to playing with you again. :)

Hi I'm an older player :) I haven't been online for a while but I still look after my town every now and then if any one wants to visit my town you're welcome to visit :)

Back