• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Oh noes!

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Small Mailbox
The reset bug has struck again... after 6 months. I know there's a thread for resetting, but not many people seem to look at it and I really want some help here :(

I've had this town for 6 months now, so it's been through all the great holidays like halloween, christmas, new year, my birthday, festivale etc and so I have a lot of great memories with it.

I also love my map, a lot. It took ages of resetting to get it in the first place.

But tonight I suddenly have the massive urge to reset, for two main reasons

1) I feel like I've got bored-ish. I love the idea of a fresh start, the tiny tent and little house, being able to plot-reset most of the villagers that move in, having no paths/organised flowers so it all looks as natural as it did to begin with etc

2) I feel like I've cheated. I've been on here trading, selling and buying, and for some reason, that makes me feel like i've cheated. For example, I bought the egg set, even though my town hasn't been through easter yet. I just feel I've had too much help from other people and spoiled the game for myself. So If i do reset, I'd leave this forum, sadly.

But I do love the town, I have 2 dreamies (not a big deal really, I could get them again) - it's just the badges, the encyclopedias (nearly completed), the shops, the hair salon, my museum which is nearly completed, my bells, my pink wetsuit etc etc

I know that if I reset, I'll be resetting for days to find a perfect town - and the stupid thing is, I'll be looking for a town with the same layout as the one I have now, because I love it.

What is wrong with me! I don't know what to do :(

Here's my map btw:

View attachment 34989

Get a second copy. Problem solved. :p

(Don't listen to me I have four copies)

Trust me..if you are bored just take beautiful town off and time travel 1 year into the future. You'll lose all those pretty flowers and a villager too. It will be easy to tear down the paths then and Isabell can destroy most of the public works. It will keep you busy. It happened to me but by accident. You can also do a giveaway for the egg set.

Ordinarily I'd say don't reset with a game like this, especially if you've put a lot of time and work into the town you have, but after six months, maybe you need to reset to make the game interesting again.

Considered getting another copy of the game and just messing about with that for a while? ACNL is cheaper now. If you find a new layout you like you can just start playing the new town instead - if you don't, you've still got your old town. Set Beautiful Town and save/quit on a day you stopped someone from moving and the old town will be fine for as long as you want to leave it.

Wow, a year in the future would be crazy, so many weeds! lol. I would do it but I haven't TT'd once and don't really plan to. Nothing against people who do, just personal preference and all that :)

Thanks for replying though :D

Wow, a year in the future would be crazy, so many weeds! lol. I would do it but I haven't TT'd once and don't really plan to. Nothing against people who do, just personal preference and all that :)

Thanks for replying though :D

I did it to make gold roses quicker but it was supposed to be 1 day not 1 year..lol .67 weeds to be exact.

Ordinarily I'd say don't reset with a game like this, especially if you've put a lot of time and work into the town you have, but after six months, maybe you need to reset to make the game interesting again.

Considered getting another copy of the game and just messing about with that for a while? ACNL is cheaper now. If you find a new layout you like you can just start playing the new town instead - if you don't, you've still got your old town. Set Beautiful Town and save/quit on a day you stopped someone from moving and the old town will be fine for as long as you want to leave it.

Oh, that reminds me -- is this absolutely positively true? So, since Phoebe just asked me to move out on my main copy today and I said no, if I save and quit and leave it alone for like a month, nobody will have moved? Will everything still be okay? Cause four copies IS a lot to handle (sorry for hijacking the thread but I've just been dying for confirmation of this)

Welp. You already admitted it took you ages to get that map. You know you'll probably do the same thing again if you reset. Chances are, you'll find another impulse to reset in the future, even if you still like your map. Seems like it may be a constant loop, to me.

Just do giveaways for items you think you achieved too easily, like PrayingMantis10 suggested. Tear down your PWPs, sell as many flowers as you can, etc. Then give your town a new look that's different than the previous one.

The only time I suggest people reset is if they loathe their map. Which you don't. Otherwise, ignore the impulse and pretend your town has an impending zombie apocalypse. See how that goes first, cos you like your map.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, that reminds me -- is this absolutely positively true? So, since Phoebe just asked me to move out on my main copy today and I said no, if I save and quit and leave it alone for like a month, nobody will have moved? Will everything still be okay? Cause four copies IS a lot to handle (sorry for hijacking the thread but I've just been dying for confirmation of this)

Programming experience here. But yes, I would assume it's true and people have done it on reddit successfully. Anytime it loads from the main menu or you get that 6AM announcement about a new day, I think it's generating new data for that day. Changing the date and time is probably available before you load because the game technically hasn't loaded every byte of data and needs to perform conditional checks to whatever happened on last registered day before actually loading the town.

Last edited:
Welp. You already admitted it took you ages to get that map. You know you'll probably do the same thing again if you reset. Chances are, you'll find another impulse to reset in the future, even if you still like your map. Seems like it may be a constant loop, to me.

Just do giveaways for items you think you achieved too easily, like PrayingMantis10 suggested. Tear down your PWPs, sell as many flowers as you can, etc. Then give your town a new look that's different than the previous one.

The only time I suggest people reset is if they loathe their map. Which you don't. Otherwise, ignore the impulse and pretend your town has an impending zombie apocalypse. See how that goes first, cos you like your map.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Programming experience here. But yes, I would assume it's true and people have done it on reddit successfully. Anytime it loads from the main menu or you get that 6AM announcement about a new day, I think it's generating new data for that day. Changing the date and time is probably available before you load because the game technically hasn't loaded every byte of data and needs to perform conditional checks to whatever happened on last registered day before actually loading the town.

Thank you so much dear, you're a lifesaver ;v;

Back