Official Fire Emblem: Awakening Thread 2.0

I still love Awakening and will continue to. So this thread isn't dead to me!

It's funny, I'm actually about to start my third Lunatic Classic playthrough (I reset when people die no matter how far I am as the challenge, since I can't stand when people die).

I wish the voice switching wasn't broken, because my favorite MU voice is Japanese Robin 2, which is the softest of the Japanese voices, but it lines up with the deepest of the English voices. When I forget to change to Japanese again, it really throws me off.

On a different note, I've been listening to a Drama CD a lot lately, because I'm a dork. I'm talking about the one that centers around Robin and Chrom (as friends, since no matter what, Robin and Chrom are always portrayed as people indispensable to each other). Considering they're my OTP though, haha...

Last edited:
Even though the games are disconnected, I'd really like to see FE: If have some sort of Awakening support. I'd be fine if it comes in the form of free or paid DLC characters or maps the same as Awakenings. Or possibly importing certain save data to impact your game in some form. Either would be awesome.

Even though the games are disconnected, I'd really like to see FE: If have some sort of Awakening support. I'd be fine if it comes in the form of free or paid DLC characters or maps the same as Awakenings. Or possibly importing certain save data to impact your game in some form. Either would be awesome.

I'd be really happy if it were to connect to Elibe.

I'm still really hoping for something Schism-related.

I'd love to see the return of Awakening characters as well. Considering their popularity and the fact that Awakening had tons of characters from other games, this is definitely a possibility.

...I like that I'm already preparing to spend on DLC.

I'm still really hoping for something Schism-related.

I'd love to see the return of Awakening characters as well. Considering their popularity and the fact that Awakening had tons of characters from other games, this is definitely a possibility.

...I like that I'm already preparing to spend on DLC.
Me too, haha

The one thing that I've been really not sure about is the inclusion of children in the next FE because when you think about it, I doubt they will include time travel as a major part of the story if at all. I think marriage will return with supports but I'm not sure about the whole kids system. I'm hoping they fill that gap with something nice.

ALSO PLEASE FREAKING ADD SOME KIND OF ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY TO THE GAME FOR ONCE.

You should be able to at least share data of your team ONLINE instead of only being able to when you pass someone on the street.

Also, these are my planned pairings optimized for the best units for this run through.

Ricken x Lissa
Maribelle x Libra
Gregor x Panne
Vaike x Sully
Frederick x Cherche
Harry x Miriel
Virion x Olivia
Nowi x Kellam
MU x
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Stahl x
Donnel x
Gaius x Tharja
Chrom x Sumia

Last edited:
The one thing that I've been really not sure about is the inclusion of children in the next FE because when you think about it, I doubt they will include time travel as a major part of the story if at all. I think marriage will return with supports but I'm not sure about the whole kids system. I'm hoping they fill that gap with something nice.

ALSO PLEASE FREAKING ADD SOME KIND OF ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY TO THE GAME FOR ONCE.

You should be able to at least share data of your team ONLINE instead of only being able to when you pass someone on the street.

Also, these are my planned pairings optimized for the best units for this run through.

Ricken x Lissa
Maribelle x Libra
Gregor x Panne
Vaike x Sully
Frederick x Cherche
Harry x Miriel
Virion x Olivia
Nowi x Kellam
Ezra x Nah
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Stahl x
Donnel x
Gaius x Tharja
Chrom x Sumia

Owain: I used Henry as the father, but Ricken could also work.
Brady: THAT IS THE BEST PAIRING AND SO UNDERRATED!!!
Yarne: Eh... Armsthrift could be used on someone better.
Kjelle: Good stats, but no Galeforce.
Gerome: I usually put Freddy with Cordelia, but that could also work well.
Laurent: You mean Henry, right? But he gets magic, and that's all, so it's good.
Inigo: I use that because stats are good and blue hair. That's all he needs.
Nah: I hear that's really good, but I've never used it so idk.
Morgan: Oh, so you're going for extremely broken Morgan? I should do that soon. XD
Severa: Yeah, that'd work well.
Noire: Okay, but I like Donnel as the father more.
Lucina/Cynthia: OTP.

I'm going to be focusing on Street Pass units this time around, which means that on top of optimizing them for in-game leveling, I'll be optimizing them for Street Pass.

Galeforce units are great and all, but it's something that only activates after defeating an enemy, and if anyone's like me, they'll reset when a unit dies, making that extra turn useless. Same for other things.

In any case, my Street Pass team will likely be:

My Unit
Chrom
Lucina
Morgan
Nah
Tiki
Brady
Priam
Aversa
My friend's MU (the only MU I ever actually accept for hire)/Makeshift Morgan Twin/Kjelle

For these,
My Unit X Chrom (I could write way too much about why, story-wise)
Nowi X Donny probably, because I've done it before, and Nah with Counter and Galeforce is hilarious
Maribelle X Lon'qu because the ship is actually pretty cute and Brady with Lon'qu's hair color looks great.

Inigo...
Can go in a corner.
Way over there.
I'm not a fan of Inigo.

Sad because Olivia+Virion is actually really cute.

I find it upsetting that Male Morgan doesn't have supports with Brady. I think they'd be pretty fun to see as friends.

Also, Gaius and Anna not having a support together is a tragedy. I can imagine them trying to out-sass and out-sell each-other.

I find it upsetting that Male Morgan doesn't have supports with Brady. I think they'd be pretty fun to see as friends.

Also, Gaius and Anna not having a support together is a tragedy. I can imagine them trying to out-sass and out-sell each-other.

no supports with anna apart from m!robin is the worst thing for me oh my god //: making me wanna make a male unit just so i can marry her

(but i also wanna marry other females but at the same time i feel really iffy about anyone else flirting with chrom lmao) (apart from anna like i ship her with everyone bye)

no supports with anna apart from m!robin is the worst thing for me oh my god //: making me wanna make a male unit just so i can marry her

(but i also wanna marry other females but at the same time i feel really iffy about anyone else flirting with chrom lmao) (apart from anna like i ship her with everyone bye)

Trust me, I understand completely, haha.

When the Smash announcement came out, a friend of mine asked me to describe my emotions in exactly 5 words.

My response was, in caps:

OTP FINAL SMASH!!!

I'm never getting over this pairing. If physically possible, I'd just draw it and talk about it without stopping. It took over me and never let go. I blame this pairing for my Awakening obsession.

I normally pair units based on stats and optimization so I don't have a lot of opinions on the supports otherwise, haha.

I normally pair units based on stats and optimization so I don't have a lot of opinions on the supports otherwise, haha.

I try to do a bit of a combination. I wouldn't say I optimize them, necessarily? But my units tend to survive Lunatic in any case, so I don't think it matters too much. I do try to get the children wider sets of skills though, so I try to avoid parings whose skills overlap too much (especially mages/healer combos, those can be difficult to work around).

I'm not going to lie though, Tharja+Henry is really hilarious, especially with Noire's personality and crit.

I once had them skill/crit in order. They all laughed. In order of crazy laugh. Tharja's more subdued laugh came first, then Henry's too-happy-about-killing laugh, and then Noire's crazy laughter. I actually fell off the couch. I wish I'd had some way to record that right then.

I also find Miriel+Libra endearing. A man of religion and a woman of science who are at once rigid in what they believe, but also willing to learn from the methods of the other, and who do in fact gain some new understandings because of it.

I try to do a bit of a combination. I wouldn't say I optimize them, necessarily? But my units tend to survive Lunatic in any case, so I don't think it matters too much. I do try to get the children wider sets of skills though, so I try to avoid parings whose skills overlap too much (especially mages/healer combos, those can be difficult to work around).

I'm not going to lie though, Tharja+Henry is really hilarious, especially with Noire's personality and crit.

I once had them skill/crit in order. They all laughed. In order of crazy laugh. Tharja's more subdued laugh came first, then Henry's too-happy-about-killing laugh, and then Noire's crazy laughter. I actually fell off the couch. I wish I'd had some way to record that right then.

I also find Miriel+Libra endearing. A man of religion and a woman of science who are at once rigid in what they believe, but also willing to learn from the methods of the other, and who do in fact gain some new understandings because of it.

I don't really optimize because I need to as much as because I find it fun. I love seeing things such as a Manakete Morgan with like 85 defense end game, haha. Although the pairings I use I normally like, such as Sumia and Chrom, and their love for pies.

Owain: I used Henry as the father, but Ricken could also work.
Brady: THAT IS THE BEST PAIRING AND SO UNDERRATED!!!
Yarne: Eh... Armsthrift could be used on someone better.
Kjelle: Good stats, but no Galeforce.
Gerome: I usually put Freddy with Cordelia, but that could also work well.
Laurent: You mean Henry, right? But he gets magic, and that's all, so it's good.
Inigo: I use that because stats are good and blue hair. That's all he needs.
Nah: I hear that's really good, but I've never used it so idk.
Morgan: Oh, so you're going for extremely broken Morgan? I should do that soon. XD
Severa: Yeah, that'd work well.
Noire: Okay, but I like Donnel as the father more.
Lucina/Cynthia: OTP.

I'm actually not going for broken tank Morgan, I had typed it in wrong. Also yes, I meant Henry.

I was busy with this elaborate plan to make like the perfect army, with like crazily overpowered units, but I haven`t played for so long I have no vlue anymore who was supposed to marry with whom. This is a problem, because you can`t progress really without knowing this on beforehand, if you have certain pairings at mind.

Sigh.

Back