• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Noooo how could this happen :( :( :( :(

I HAVE GOOD NEWS EVERYONE (read that in professor Farnsworth voice (futurama) I have retrieved my cartridge, I managed to find a wire coat hanger so I untwisted it and made it into a long line, I stuck a load of duct tape on the end and sort of went fishing with it...the bad news, I cleaned it as best I could and dried it with a towel, but for some reason my 3DS isn't recognizing the cartridge is actually in my 3DS, I will keep trying and see if it eventually works, but If it still isn't working by the morning, I don't know what else I can do.

My brother forgot his two games in his jean pockets and they went through the wash. Pokemon Ranger went througg it twice and still works. A little water from rain probably will not hurt it.

I suggest a bit of blower on the game card
It work for me and still works

Or a day in the rice because rise take the water

Hopefully you'll get it fixed! These things happen, but if you give it a little clean and dry, hopefully it'll work!

Last edited:
This calls for an axe to rip up a panel or two. I wouldnt be table to keep from not doing that. My mom would eventually understand lol

I HAVE GOOD NEWS EVERYONE (read that in professor Farnsworth voice (futurama) I have retrieved my cartridge, I managed to find a wire coat hanger so I untwisted it and made it into a long line, I stuck a load of duct tape on the end and sort of went fishing with it...the bad news, I cleaned it as best I could and dried it with a towel, but for some reason my 3DS isn't recognizing the cartridge is actually in my 3DS, I will keep trying and see if it eventually works, but If it still isn't working by the morning, I don't know what else I can do.

That's good to hear. Just keep on trying with the cartridge~

Stick it in rice for 3 days

This is perfect advice, it's the number 1 way to dry out electronics!! Leave it in rice overnight and it should be totally dry by morning:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I suggest a bit of blower on the game card
It work for me and still works

Or a day in the rice because rise take the water

Rice is a great solution to dry it out !!!

Good job.

meanie weenie bo beanie

You should get one of those grabbing hook things, lmao. How far down is it? like 3 feet? 5 feet?

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, put it in RICE.
It will soak up the moisture. I did this with a phone i dropped in the lake.. It would not work turn on after i got it out of the water, but after I put in rice for about a day, it worked

Wow I learned so many helpful advice in this thread! The rice and the duct tape tips especially are very informative. Thanks everyone!

All the best with getting your cartridge to work dear. Hopefully the rice thing will work.

Last edited:
You can do get it back! Do what ever you have to.. I'd even ask my parents to help me rip up that deck lol

Wooooooohoooo!! I'm back in business!!! Had it in rice overnight and it's working!!! Too happy!!! Thanks for all the advice everyone, it's fantastic that it's working again!

Yay that so great :) now be more careful with stuff but if it happens
Just go nuts and save your game

I felt like I was reading a thriller going through the comments. "Does he ever get his game cartridge back?" "Will the DS recognize the game in the slot?!" "Will it work again?!" Find on out the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

But in seriousness, I'm glad your game wasn't ruined and that it worked out great in the end!

Back