No-Path Towns?

I have paths. I like them because they take a lot of effort to do properly - and if there's anything ACNL needs, its things you come up with to keep yourself busy.

I'm constantly changing my mind, rerouting, and landscaping around them. I've went all out though, and my path's currently at 15 tiles. So it required three characters, who all have houses, which need decorating and funding and see what's happening? I have a lot more to do already.

They can cut off some sections of land though, so it gives less space for pretty green parts...

You might like my Cherish town. The upper part is nicely decorated, but theres no patterns. Dream code in sig. I would love to visit your dream later tonight.

I used to have paths, but I took them out. The way my villagers houses are placed just made paths look awkward. And I agree that it does make the town feel cramped. I'm not saying that I don't like them at all, I've seen some that kind of make me want to try them again. But i"m not going to.

I actually have paths in my town, though it doesnt look so good. i like greenery but when people visit your town i'd like to keep people on paths so they don't wander places they shouldnt be going. Going no paths is a great idea if you dont want to have your town looking cramped and weird.

Placing down paths and such never really appealed to me. I use to have paths in my old town but they never really looked good to me. I just keep my town how it is and never do anything fancy. :p

The only reason why I use pattern paths is because I don't want to run and kill flowers....

....Then again, I really don't care about flowers. Besides pattern paths is nice depending what type of it to use.

i have paths and they're useful at times but the water and stair paths look really overdone and tacky imo

my favorite are any pavement/brick paths

i dislike paths, i think it's either all or nothing

they don't go around rivers very well, nor ponds .. idk they just make everything look messy especially in different seasons and the paths don't match anymore... idk i hate my paths but they cover 99% of my town and i'm too lazy to remove them all

- - - Post Merge - - -

although they actually make PWP's look a lot better, and allow them to be placed in the centre of town without it looking weird which is better i guess? but idk i'd prefer my town without paths

I never did paths until recently in my town. I always had natural paths, but to me it looks... incomplete? I don't know... I suppose paths are the standard of "quality towns it seems. I do think my town looks much better with them though, and I've only received compliments on them. The worst part was having to create 2 new characters since my path needed 14 tiles, and really, I could have used another 10 tiles if I wanted to include narrower paths.
Really, paths are nothing without other landscaping though. Framing paths, natural or otherwise is key.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like the crowded feeling some people mentioned, makes the town seem like a fun maze.

I have seen some cool towns with pathes but that's just too much for me. I restarted my town so Im waiting until I get some good villagers (if anyone wants Truffles shes yours) then im just going to use a one design path and run on it until the dirt paths are clearer. Some of those towns with fancy paths can get me pretty lost. Dunno why but I have to watch the map more carefully with them. Oh and I agree with the not being able to match paths to the automatic stone around buildings. That's my main beef.

its true that paths are a pain to deal with..but it helps me get around more easily without worrying about pitfalls or trampling over flowers. im pretty lazy with them though, ive been working on putting together paths for the past few months and i still have some work to do--but its for the sake of making my town look fabulous so why not? im just that lazy person who feels the need to add at least some detail to the things that are common/bland/boring

I don't want to deal with having all of my patterns over multiple save file characters, so if I use a path it has to be incredibly simple. I am using a three-part wooden plank one right now! They are one space wide and minimal throughout my town, though. I also have two patterns I made myself that look like weird vintage wooden flooring kind of, and they look good filling up the rectangular spaces that my aforementioned pathways have formed.

I think once on here I saw someone saying they used lucky clovers as pathways, and I thought that was an incredibly cute idea. (I also think they said they just used bushes as borders where they felt they needed them.) I'm actually thinking about making lucky clover pathways that will act as "secret passages" / "shortcuts" from certain places to certain other places. Seems nice and whimsical to me.

I really like how the natural grass (and its eventual wear, as well!!) looks, so I would prefer not to completely cover it. The look my town seems to be headed towards benefits a lot from having that grass heavily visible, as well.

I think that it is really.. hmm.. masterful, I guess, when a town can look beautiful so simply (simple meaning without heavy path usage in this case) !!

Back