NMT as payment?

gerudovalley

✨🍊
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Hello,
I just recently got back on here after 4 years and I was wondering why NMT is the new payment for the new game? It seems like it will be harder to get new villagers if the person is only accepting NMT as payment. Is there a reason this is a new thing?

Not the first and probably not the last thread to be made on this.
Its simple because group of people started to do it and people followed..once a rhythm starts it hard it to break it. I have seen people say it easier to trade with but also because everyone else is doing it
Tbt wasn’t available at beginning of NH and IGB is a push and pull depend on how much you make or little grinding you do. Then NMT is thing now and people started to use it then people thought was the norm and haven’t gone against even tho people don’t seem happy with it.

i think it has a bit to do with the fact that tbt wasn’t available for long after nh came out and since people didn’t really want to spend their bells, people resorted to using nmt since they might’ve been easier for some people to obtain

Right now people find it easier to use due to it's current value as well. Last I saw, people were buying them for a couple hundred thousand bells, so it's kind of a condensed form of currency. Plus, people are using them to visit the mystery islands to search for favorite villagers, so there's two aspects to their value

i think it has a bit to do with the fact that tbt wasn’t available for long after nh came out and since people didn’t really want to spend their bells, people resorted to using nmt since they might’ve been easier for some people to obtain
I'm wondering, I thought the only way to obtain NMT is through the kiosk in the Residential Services building? Unless there's another way..

I honestly would prefer to trade in NMT. It's so much more simple to drop one stack of tickets rather than multiple bags of bells. I also think they have alot of value to people right now because island hopping is fun, allows you to gather tons of resources, and villagers if you have a plot open.

I'm wondering, I thought the only way to obtain NMT is through the kiosk in the Residential Services building? Unless there's another way..

that is the only way but nook miles are fairly easy to obtain and you only need 2,000 of them for a ticket. but another way that might’ve been used to obtain them is through the duping glitch - while i don’t think bells could be duped, royal crowns could and those go for about 300K per crown and so people could easily use those earnings to buy nmt from other people

You are correct. Another issue is the hyperinflation of Bells due to the early duplication glitch. NMTs are valued at 200-250K Bells each. This also allows you to carry far more NMTs (value wise) than Bells when trading.

I prefer NMT as I can use them to find dreamies, and for my buyers, it’s NMT are doable and wont break their bank

As others have said, its for island hopping.

Good for hunting for specific villagers, resources, and DIY recipes. Plus Tarantula/Scorpion/Atlas Moth farming, and the hope to go to other rare islands. (I want hybrid island...so...stinkin..bad)

that is the only way but nook miles are fairly easy to obtain and you only need 2,000 of them for a ticket. but another way that might’ve been used to obtain them is through the duping glitch - while i don’t think bells could be duped, royal crowns could and those go for about 300K per crown and so people could easily use those earnings to buy nmt from other people
I must be poor then lol :( 2,000 miles is a lot for me as I only have 28,000 right now

I have noticed a slow (and needed) decline in the Value of NMT,

I sold 30 NMT a couple of weeks back for 300k each, I’ve now seen them being sold for 100k each so things are heading in the right direction.

I use NMT for ease more than anything, they stack so they’re easier to pay with,

This would all be sorted if they made an ABD App for your Nook Phone! Allowing you to access your bank from someone else’s Island.

You are correct. Another issue is the hyperinflation of Bells due to the early duplication glitch. NMTs are valued at 200-250K Bells each. This also allows you to carry far more NMTs (value wise) than Bells when trading.
Not necessarily. You can find them for cheaper. I've seen them go for 100-175K on actrade. They were higher during the duplication glitch, going for 500k each.

Not necessarily. You can find them for cheaper. I've seen them go for 100-175K on actrade. They were higher during the duplication glitch, going for 500k each.

I haven't really checked, I figured it would decrease over time and that seems to be the case.

Because everyone is hyped over that forsaken cat, who shall not be named.

Back