• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nintendo Email on Animal Corssing 3D

JKDOS

Bells
Switch
7343-9456-5507
Pavé
Tin Robot
Black Hybrid Rose
New Horizons Token
Silver Mailbox
Small Mailbox
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
As you all may know. Nintendo disappointed all of us here by not talking about AC:3D. I took the liberty of emailing them about my concern and here is what I got back.

2iixrbs.jpg

Not much hope in this email -.-

Yeah, I got the same nonsense. I really think they got flooded so much that they just have a form letter they are sending. I mean, how is it suppose to be better for us if they are not forgetting it for the WII U. We can't even purchase the system until the holidays! It is ridiculous.

honestly. who cares, they'll release it when they want to;

if I worked at Nintendo in the AC department, every E-mail i'd get asking about it I'd pro-long the games release, i'd seriously get so annoyed at everyone asking about it i'd just make them wait even longer

Just wait, seriously.

If I worked at Nintendo I would give some Animal Crossing 3D goodies. (e.g. Trailers, Screenshots, info).

@RisingSun, Ikr? And I won't even be buying the Wii U as I don't have a Wii. (I have an Xbox360 -.-)

I'm starting to get frustrated with this community. Most of you don't want to reason or discuss a probable reason as to why nothing at e3 was announced about AC 3DS, When the creator has been hard at work on multiple projects. We have screenshot and trailers so we know its coming out.

Bothering Nintendo with silly questions and outrage seems very immature when we know the game is already coming out.

I'm starting to get frustrated with this community. Most of you don't want to reason or discuss a probable reason as to why nothing at e3 was announced about AC 3DS, When the creator has been hard at work on multiple projects. We have screenshot and trailers so we know its coming out.

Bothering Nintendo with silly questions and outrage seems very immature when we know the game is already coming out.

good someone who shares my point of view

if I worked at Nintendo in the AC department, every E-mail i'd get asking about it I'd pro-long the games release, i'd seriously get so annoyed at everyone asking about it i'd just make them wait even longer

Just wait, seriously.

It seems that everyone BUT you cares about when its going to get released.

Sure, sending an email isn't going to get anyone anywhere, but cant you see why a solid release date would have been awesome? Its something to get psyched about, look forward too and would have been infinitely better than all the badgering that goes on about new release dates that have been popping up once a week ever since it was speculated that animal crossing was going to be a release title.

Sure, sending an email isn't going to get anyone anywhere, but cant you see why a solid release date would have been awesome? Its something to get psyched about, look forward too and would have been infinitely better than all the badgering that goes on about new release dates that have been popping up once a week ever since it was speculated that animal crossing was going to be a release title.

/no flame

yes, everyone BUT me seems to care about when it's going to be released because IMHO i'm perfectly fine playing CF - I'm not a full-on gamer as most people on this forum and I do actually have a life which consists of not going cray cray over games..
No, I really don't see why a 'solid release date would have been awesome' - You've waited 2 years for the game, you've waited that long so you can clearly wait longer.
No, irdc about release dates, yes every release date we have been given has been bull **** - but we have a release for fall 2012 in Japan, isn't that good enough.

Use your brains;
- Amazon France put the release for September 28 (i'm pretty sure it was that or the 26th) - which is in the fall
- The new creepy DLC series ends on October 30 - which is in the fall

put two and two together and you have a pretty accurate release date of when the games going to be released, really it's obvious isn't it?

further more idc about a release date cause i'd prefer information rather than a release date, and we've got quiet a lot of info as is

From a developers viewpoint you don't want to give much information out on a game that's still being worked on. Or a release date at that, it would be a death sentence. The same thing happened with Skyward sword they showed a playable demo an then it went completely silent. Nintendo is very notorious on polishing their games and not giving a release date until they know its in stable and ready condition. For all we know Animal Crossing could only be 25% finished and that's why we have been getting slow updates on the game.

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is forever bad.
-Shigeru Miyamoto

/no flame

yes, everyone BUT me seems to care about when it's going to be released because IMHO i'm perfectly fine playing CF - I'm not a full-on gamer as most people on this forum and I do actually have a life which consists of not going cray cray over games..
No, I really don't see why a 'solid release date would have been awesome' - You've waited 2 years for the game, you've waited that long so you can clearly wait longer.
No, irdc about release dates, yes every release date we have been given has been bull **** - but we have a release for fall 2012 in Japan, isn't that good enough.

Use your brains;
- Amazon France put the release for September 28 (i'm pretty sure it was that or the 26th) - which is in the fall
- The new creepy DLC series ends on October 30 - which is in the fall

put two and two together and you have a pretty accurate release date of when the games going to be released, really it's obvious isn't it?

further more idc about a release date cause i'd prefer information rather than a release date, and we've got quiet a lot of info as is

The problem is that I don't tend to have a lot of free time, so playing Animal Crossing: City Folk is somehow far less appealing now that I know that in a matter of months the next instalment could be available, of which I would much rather put my time and effort into (its hard to explain :p). And that's the problem: everyone has been speculating since the 3DS' release that animal crossing would be out 'in a matter of months'. As a result, I've put off playing City folk to build the anticipation, which at this point has grown so high that its driving me crazy. I'm hardly a full on gamer, but when it comes to Animal Crossing, I do tend to go 'cray cray'

True, we have been waiting 2 years for animal crossing - which is a pretty short development time considering the trailer at e3 2010 was only a tech-demo - but if you look at the build up to Skyrim's launch, they gave the release date when they announced the game, and it made the build up to 11-11-11 just that much more exciting. And right now, that's what I need. In the midst of mid year exams, I need a date to look forward to; Animal Crossing.

In retrospect, I should have made it more clear that I was trying to show why some people are so much more keen on having a release date, and I cant help but say that with the build up to e3, everyone is feeling a little bit disappointed (thus the emails, the "animal crossing has been cancelled"s).

And yes, somehow, I did manage to use my brains and divulge the fact that with all this "launching fall 2012", that the launch window is sometime within the September-January period. Genius. I know. I just want the speculation to end and get mah hands on animal crossing. Its not the waiting that's killing me, its the not knowing.

/derailed

I understand what you mean and makes sense, and i respect that;

but still we'll get a release date when they're ready

From a developers viewpoint you don't want to give much information out on a game that's still being worked on. Or a release date at that, it would be a death sentence. The same thing happened with Skyward sword they showed a playable demo an then it went completely silent. Nintendo is very notorious on polishing their games and not giving a release date until they know its in stable and ready condition. For all we know Animal Crossing could only be 25% finished and that's why we have been getting slow updates on the game.

That is very true, I wish I had seen this before. A good explanation probably to why skyrim was so glitchy and why most AAA Nintendo games are near perfect

Shigeru Miyamoto... what a hero.. his entrance to e3 this year was great :p

Last edited:

Just wait, seriously.

Communicating with the company about our wants as a consumer is what helps them improve, it's a win-win situation.

constantly raging them isnt a win-win for anyone

Nintendo is very notorious on polishing their games.
If that is correct Lucky, would I be able to ask what happened with Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's Go to the City as it was pretty awful with the animal tracks feature and for me to say that an Animal Crossing game is awful is quite rare as I am someone who really enjoys the series of Animal Crossing.

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is forever bad.
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Truer words have never been spoken!

If that is correct Lucky, would I be able to ask what happened with Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's Go to the City as it was pretty awful with the animal tracks feature and for me to say that an Animal Crossing game is awful is quite rare as I am someone who really enjoys the series of Animal Crossing.

just because you didnt like animal tracks doesnt mean everyone hated it.
"Animal Crossing game is awful is quite rare"

CF was the third of the AC series out of Japan, you cant say it's rare for the game to be bad when there's only been 2 other prior to the series... WW is worse than CF imo

just because you didnt like animal tracks doesnt mean everyone hated it.
"Animal Crossing game is awful is quite rare"

CF was the third of the AC series out of Japan, you cant say it's rare for the game to be bad when there's only been 2 other prior to the series... WW is worse than CF imo

LOL cf was the worst one out of the series

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky:
I'm starting to get frustrated with this community. Most of you don't want to reason or discuss a probable reason as to why nothing at e3 was announced about AC 3DS, When the creator has been hard at work on multiple projects. We have screenshot and trailers so we know its coming out. Bothering Nintendo with silly questions and outrage seems very immature when we know the game is already coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoof:
Good someone who shares my point of view.

We all want this game to come out, but they (and a few other people) are keeping their cool and not rushing it.

Off Topic: I can't wait for some other titles as well as Animal Crossing Jump Out. The Nintendo series Scribblenauts is bringing out a squeal to it's predecessor Super Scribblenauts. Scribblenauts Unlimited:

I have to say I really enjoyed the previous titles of this series and can't wait for a release date. What's great about the new title is that you get to literally create anything instead of just typing in the word and seeing what shows up. On the last one if you wanted a, e.g., Bidoof it wouldn't allow it because it wasn't a real thing but now you can create a Bidoof which is pretty cool. And yes. You can make in fly and shoot rainbows -_-;

Back