• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Year, New Horizons! - ACNH Blogging Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
1673720466643.png

We are two weeks into 2023 and we can't help but notice an upswing in the amount of users getting back into playing Animal Crossing daily and in some cases even restarting their islands. To help carry momentum, we have decided to launch the New Year, New Horizons! blogging contest. Keeping a daily journal and sharing your adventures—whether on a new island or one you've been playing for three years!—will hopefully motivate you to keep revisiting your villagers.

More of a reader than a writer? No problem! We'll also need the help of the community to read through the entries and nominate their favourites in the categories of Best Comedy, Best Slice-of-life, Best Pictures, and Best Writing!

🌴 Task 🌴

Create a new thread in the Island Journals sub-board and post a minimum of 10 journal entries across 10 different days between January 14th 2023 and February 12th 2023 (11:59PM EST). To declare your submission, drop the link in this thread to let us know you are participating.

🌴 Rules & Guidelines 🌴

Event Rules
  • You can use a new island or an existing island. We aren't asking you to restart for this event!
  • You must create a brand new thread for your submission.
    • If you already have an existing journal for your island, we will be happy to merge the two threads together on request after the voting portion of the event concludes mid-February.
  • Content posted must be your own. If we have reason to suspect your screenshots or blog posts are stolen your entry will be disqualified.
Entry Guidelines
  • You must post a minimum of 10 journal entries across 10 different days to be eligible for the participation prize, nominated as a category winner, or selected as a staff favourite.
  • Each entry must contain at least 1 screenshot and a minimum 100 words of text.
  • You may post more frequently and make smaller entries if you would like, but these will not be counted towards your 10 total.

Examples of acceptable vs unacceptable entries:

✅
❎
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 11.43.48.png
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 11.43.48 bad example.png
✔️ Contains a screenshot
✔️ Contains enough text (153 words)​
❌ No screenshots
❌ Too little text (23 words)​

🌴 How Voting Works 🌴

After the blogging portion of the event closes, we will release a form that members can use to nominate their favourite submissions in the following categories:
  • Best Comedy​
  • Best Slice-of-life​
  • Best Pictures​
  • Best Writing​
The journals that receive the most community nominations will become our category winners.

🌴 How Weekly Staff Picks Work 🌴

Each week, the TBT staff will pick three blogs they wish to highlight. The owners of those blogs will also get to see their island representative in the site banner.

🌴 Prizes 🌴

Participation Prizes:
  • BellBag.png
    100 TBT Bells​
  • 1673725082442.png
    Lost Book collectible (untradeable)
Weekly Staff Picks:
  • BellBag.png
    150 TBT Bells​
  • Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.08.35.png
    Island representative in site banner​
Category Winners:
  • BellBag.png
    400 TBT Bells (all winners)
  • 53.jpg
    Gold Trophy collectible (1st place only)
  • 52.jpg
    Silver Trophy collectible (2nd place only)
  • 54.jpg
    Bronze Trophy collectible (3rd place only)

🌴 Staff Credits 🌴

Banner Artwork - Mick
Weekly Staff Picks - Chris, dizzy bone, Kaiaa, LaBelleFleur, Mairmalade, Mick, Nefarious, pandapples, Pyoopi
Event Planning - Chris, LaBelleFleur
Admin Support - Jeremy

Last edited:
I've been meaning to start one of those anyways, I think this is just the motivation I need to get started! 📖

Here's my link!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won't participate in that one but I will happily read your entries 🤩

I wouldn’t be able to participate due to no longer owning New Horizons and my lack of writing skills, but good luck to those who want to participate.

The Lost Book collectible looks nice, though!

homies do ya’ll sleep!! ya’ll are supposed to be resting and taking a break, and instead you’re spoiling us with another event! i should’ve known a writing event was in the works with all that journaling wix was doing. 👀

the new lost book collectible looks cool! i’ve always loved how vibrant the beach background is. 🏝💗 i may have to sit this one out since while i am trying to play daily, i honestly just do my daily tasks and turn the game back off haha. i don’t really have the energy or creativity to post interesting journal entries with 100+ words, but i’ll see what i can do. maybe this is a sign for me to start working on terraforming and decorating my island? 🤔

whewwww time to dust off the switch!

that book collectible looks absolutely beautiful. i see that's what the impromptu poll was for 😍❤️ a book on the beach!!

I've had my journal up here for over a year, and I just keep forgetting to add the rest of the info I had planned. Still not sure if I'll enter this, but either way, good luck to all those who do!

I've started my entry! Going to be spending a lot of time on this. Thanks again for the event! :D

You really spoil us with all these events 😭 I don't know how y'all manage it, especially when you're still recovering from the holiday event, but I am very grateful!!! ❤️

I'm not sure what to do, as my main island is in shambles from constant attempts to build anything, find out I hate it, and then tear it down again 🙃 And repeating this process over and over and over is all ever do nowadays, so I don't know what'd I'd even write about... 😅

I have a second island that I reset for layouts an obscene amount of times to get 1 exact map combined with 1 exact airport colour with 1 exact native fruit (yes I know you can just replace them but I wanted it on my passport!!), but once I actually got it I rushed through the beginning to get to building... and ended up with the same problem as my main island 🥲 Except I don't even feel any attachment to it, unlike my main island, so I haven't loaded it up in forever...

I've been thinking about resetting that island and trying the hard mode challenge, but I'd feel terrible deleting it after wasting all that time looking for my perfect island... 😰 Oh the dilemma!

(sorry that this post is probably lengthier than any blog post I'll come up with 🤣)

That banner is so gosh darn cute! So many adorable little details! Saharah with rolled up papers instead of carpets, Isabelle fixing (or building!) the copier to make more newspapers, Kicks already looking like a newsboy anyway, sending the news in bottles and by paper plane!

So cute! ^_^

I'll probably participate as I've been meaning to get back into the game after restarting! I have lots of concepts for my island but I've just been lazy to do them 🧍‍♀️

I've been dying to make a blog about my island!! Question though: are we allowed to include our own art as well? I'd like to incorporate the art I've made from TBT events and possibly make some comics as part of my island lore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back