Is my town theme a good idea?

• No, it's a bad idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is an awesome town idea!!!

Here are some villager suggestions :
- Gorilla to reference King Kong?
- Harry looks sorta prehistoric, not sure why
- Hopper might fit into a tropical prehistoric theme as well even though he's a penguin. The red eyes are intense
- Tucker (tusks give me a prehistoric feel)

I love this idea! Very original!
I like the jungle vibe for this with the pwp?s others have mentioned.
I feel like it would be cool to have a little section of map that maybe gets more barren and desert-like with bones on the ground and things buried n such? Almost like a meteor hit the place or something would be cool.
Or a sort barren area with ruins and stuff where an archeologist villager could do some digs?

Anyways I can?t wait to see how this turns out!

More villager reccomendations:
Sly (jock type alligator) has cool skin
Del (another alligator, cranky type) was a pretty chill villager, I liked his house style
Tucker (the elephant with tusks)

If you?re into rhinos they might also give your town a prehistoric feel!

I love this idea! Very original!
I like the jungle vibe for this with the pwp’s others have mentioned.
I feel like it would be cool to have a little section of map that maybe gets more barren and desert-like with bones on the ground and things buried n such? Almost like a meteor hit the place or something would be cool.
Or a sort barren area with ruins and stuff where an archeologist villager could do some digs?

Anyways I can’t wait to see how this turns out!

Oh my gosh I love the archeologist dig idea so much! Thank you!

Update on the town:
It's going slowly! I've got ideas for what I want but I've yet to work out where I want to put those things. My biggest struggle at the minute is where all my villagers are going to live, I would really like them all close together so the top left corner of the map might be a good spot or perhaps just under where my mayor's house is placed.
I'm trying to commit to a no-time-travel town (something I've never done before) so progress is slow but fun. The first T&T shop upgrade is under construction today. I'm doing what I can, placing a few paths down and some landscaping. I don't want to place too many paths yet because I want to wear the ground down to dirt before I do - I hate the sound of path on grass because it sounds so fake but path on dirt is alright.
I've posted a thread over in ReTail - I'm looking to buy some bush starts and flowers since I can't buy starts yet and my particular flower of interest (which is white tulip) are so hard to come by.

Okay, Isabella was asleep at the desk today which means that the Dream Suite is gonna be opening tomorrow!
I'll be sure to get right on getting my Dream Address and sharing it here. Please be aware they my town is currently very bare bones at the minute, I'm working on landscaping (and kicking out those villagers who set up their houses right in the way of my landscaping).
Those who come visit the dream address will notice everything is pretty empty save for the area in the top right near my house and the town hall. Currently I have my house, I am working on planting the hedges to line my paths. Just behind my house off to the right a little is going to be a very small orchard. To the south of my house is where the villager homes will end up being. I'm very much unsure where everything else is going to go. Once my Dream Address is up, you'll be able to actually see the map I have so actual placements of anything (in particular I'm not sure where the cafe and police station should go - which is tough because I can't ever move these once placed) so suggestions and ideas are always welcomed!

Oh my gosh I love the archeologist dig idea so much! Thank you!
Wow delayed but I just saw this. You’re welcome! I’m super excited to see this town and am pumped you’re already working on it!

P.S. For the archaeologist(if you go with that as one of your alternate characters at least) would look extra cute if you leave their house as the tent that Nook sets up initially. I’ve seen a few people do this and saw one recently that immediately made me think of this town you’re building~

i have an idea for your flag, the Jurassic Park like logo, but instead of it saying "Jurassic Park" it says "DinoTown". if you want me to make if for you LMK!

I love the idea of leaving the digsite as a tent! Go away Nook I don't want any loans

i have an idea for your flag, the Jurassic Park like logo, but instead of it saying "Jurassic Park" it says "DinoTown". if you want me to make if for you LMK!
Oh I'd love to see what you can come up with!!

In other news, the dream address is here! The Dream Address of Archaia is: 7C00-014A-1BE5.
I'd appreciate it greatly is you visit my dream town and let me know how everything is going! Like I said, progress is slow but progress is being made.
If you want to be a big help, I'm currently looking for ideas for placement of: police station, cafe, digsite area (campsite and human villager tent house)

Okay I’m currently dreaming of Archaia and can I just say what a cool freaking map! It’s wild how perfectly square it is and how centered your tree is!

Anyways on to the placement ideas!
Police Station - i’ve Always been partial to police stations being near town hall or retail and I actually believe it would fit on the left side of either of yours if you wanted it there. Or just somewhere in that right quarter of the map would be my personal choice, at least for now. But the police station usually comes much later on in game anyways so give it time, once you landscape more you’ll find the perfect spot!
OR my only “creative” idea for it would be to build it somewhere along where your vertical sliver of land begins(on the west side of your map) or your chunk of land to the right of your tree tucked away in some trees and bushes as if it’s a little hidden outpost for adventurers or researchers to use in the more dense jungle-y portion of town. Also I’d use the classic station for the jungle idea personally.

Cafe - again I tend to cluster it around my town hall or retail areas which I think would make the most sense given the theme of your town and it not really fitting in to just be like... “here’s a cafe out in the wild”... you know?

Dig site - definitely either one of those chunks of land I was talking about before.
The left peninsula land could be cool if you get rid of that bridge(or move it up more) so it seems like it’s some distant/deserted area and you can run around to get rid of the grass so that it’s more of a desert to dig around in.
The campsite and tent could go really where ever you want in either of those sections as well as some PWP’s like the bus stop(it looks like a little outpost-y shelter in my opinion), caution/yield/do not enter signs to keep those darn kids out of your expensive research site, water well, fire pit, torches(I would personally use lots of torches in general for this town I think!) and definitely use Stonehenge in either the dig site or as some awesome jungle ruins! Just to name a few~

Anyways I know this is long but hopefully it was somewhat helpful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh! Also I just checked and i’m 99% sure the fire pit would fit on your tiny little peninsula land at the far SouthWest of your town! It could be like a beacon fire! Also the lighthouse and Moai would fit as well... any pwp 2x2 or smaller should!

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions - those are all great ideas! (And I know about the map - it was the first one I got and was astounded at how perfect it was)!

I'll be updating my dream address again today, or really any day where the updates are 'significant' but really all that's changed now is the area near my house is becoming a small orchard for fruit trees since all the others will be replaced by coconut/banana trees - I went to the island and mass-gathered flowers on the tours lol

Back