• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Leaf.

Zyklus

Bells
Hello, all! I just got the game last night and I have almost paid off my house. I was skeptical of this game at first, but I can tell it is going to be great and I'm already really enjoying it. I would definitely like to get really involved in the community and make some friends. Feel free to message me if you would like to exchange friend codes. Also, any staple tips everyone should know would be awesome!

Hey Zyklus, welcome to the forums!
If you need some other fruits than your native, I can bring you some if you'd like? :blush:

Thanks for the welcome Regnelda! I am really quite unfamiliar with the game, so I am unsure what sorts of fruits I would really need, or even what other fruits there are for that matter haha. All I have is apples.

Ooh, ofcourse, stupid of me.
There are other fruits in the game, some you can get off the Island (which you will unlock in a few days) and some that grow in towns. Non-native fruits are more valuable than your native, so they are a good way to make bells. I have all of them, you can pick up baskets of them in my town so you can plant some of the trees in your town if you want? I'll get them ready for you.

Last edited:
Hi.

Remember that those 'Bells' under your avatar are highly valuable: 100 alone is easily selling for 5 million in-game bells. So if you ever choose to make use of the 'TBT Marketplace' forum, you can find a lot of rare items there or convert your Bells.

No! Not stupid! haha. Yeah, I read about getting to the island for some fruits and beetles. It would be awesome to head to your town and get some fruit baskets! :) So, I just dig a hole and put a fruit in it to plant it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, really? They are that valuable? I will have to remember that. Thanks for the advice!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can already tell I am going to have quite a time figuring out how the BTB (Bell Tree Bells?) and all the economy and using it all works on this forum.

Yep, super valuable.

By the way, your native fruit will be a certain color most of the time, but rarely you may find one on the tree that is a different color. When that happens, do not sell it, but plant it with the shovel, as that is the 'perfect' variety of your fruit. The 'perfect' fruit has several uses:

1. When you are in another town that has a different native fruit, your fruit sells for higher but your 'perfect' fruit is even more valuable.

2. When villagers become more friendly with you they may ask for the native fruit. If you give them the 'perfect' fruit they will be even more grateful, and your 'friendship level' with them will increase much more. And if you are not already aware, when 'friendship level' is high enough, a villager may give you her/his picture, which may be placed on a table or on the floor in your house.

No! Not stupid! haha. Yeah, I read about getting to the island for some fruits and beetles. It would be awesome to head to your town and get some fruit baskets! :) So, I just dig a hole and put a fruit in it to plant it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, really? They are that valuable? I will have to remember that. Thanks for the advice!

Great :) when would you like to come over?

And yep, and then it takes.. 3? days I think, not so sure about the exact amount of days, to become a full-grown tree. Care though, avoid running over the trees you've just planted, they'll die if you do.
And also, when planting tree's, they'll have to have at least 1 spot between them while you are planting them. I googled a pattern to be more clear for you.

images3ROGY7JQ.jpg

The tree's that will be planted in that picture are all 1 spot away from each other. If you'll plant them too close to eachother, the tree's will die too.

Last edited:
Aha! Thanks for the description and picture guide. I will find a patch that I would like to plant.
I am at work right now and the IT department has made a ton of stuff not work on the wifi here, so my 3DS can't connect. I will be home in about 5 and a half hours. BUT, I am off Monday through Friday, so I have tons of free time to do things. It may be easier for you to tell me when you would like me to come over.

Aha! Thanks for the description and picture guide. I will find a patch that I would like to plant.
I am at work right now and the IT department has made a ton of stuff not work on the wifi here, so my 3DS can't connect. I will be home in about 5 and a half hours. BUT, I am off Monday through Friday, so I have tons of free time to do things. It may be easier for you to tell me when you would like me to come over.

Ah, no worries, you can come over another time :blush: in 5 and a half hours I will be asleep, it's 12.15 PM. here, hehe.
Just private message me or drop a visitor message off on my profile, I'll be online tomorrow after noon I think.

Ah, no worries, you can come over another time :blush: in 5 and a half hours I will be asleep, it's 12.15 PM. here, hehe.
Just private message me or drop a visitor message off on my profile, I'll be online tomorrow after noon I think.

oooooh. Okay! You're 6 hours ahead. Awesome. A little after lunch my time I will look to get on. I hope you have a good night!

Back