New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Do flowers die?

This is the second time I've found Ankha moping around sad and when I speak to her she says "all the flowers that bloomed nearby wilted away". She'll go on to say on it must be her fault and she should have watered them more.

But I honestly don't know what she's talking about because all the flowers are alive....I don't see any missing.

I'm an idiot. >. <

do villagers moved in via amiibo ping to move normally, or is it like new leaf where amiibo characters won’t move unless your villagers are almost all amiibo or you force them out via another amiibo?
i have amiibo cards of villagers people want, but i’m afraid of getting stuck with them as i don’t want to cycle my whole island! i can’t find an answer for this anywhere.

Yes, they ping normally. Genji pinged me yesterday and I used an amiibo card to move him in.

Also, they don't ping about moving in this game instead they'll have a bubble over their heads.

Can a person from another town adopt a villager in boxes from another town even if their village is full?
Post automatically merged:

Er...hope that made sense.
Found an answer this question. The person adopting the villager MUST HAVE an empty lot to adopt it.

I think I figured it out. I picked a lot of flowers to make wreaths today so I assume that's what she means and assumes is dead.

XD Was driving me crazy over thinking if there were extra flowers I didn't know if dying.

Is there really any good way to farm bamboo shoots other than trying to get to bamboo islands? Unlike NL, it seems like in this game each bamboo tree only ever generates 1 bamboo shoot, so it seems like you can't really farm them on your own island, unless I'm missing something.

I want to say who moves out is random And not dictated by order (though the amount of a personality type on your island is believed to influence things too). But I’d wait to hear a 2nd opinion. I’ve moved two villagers so far and neither have been my firsts or lasts.
I hope this is the case :(. I'be been tting to get the villager to ask me to move for over an hour though. Almost everyone has asked besides her. Some even asked twice. Hopefully it's just bad luck and not that she can't move since she's my most recent villager...

Can anyone tell me what the acronyms mean that people use here?

NMT? IGB? I see it over in the Nook's Cranny forum and I don't know what they mean... : (

Can anyone tell me what the acronyms mean that people use here?

NMT? IGB? I see it over in the Nook's Cranny forum and I don't know what they mean... : (

NMT means Nook Mile Ticket, IGB means In Game Bells, FT means For Trade, LF means Looking for. Not sure if there are any others I'm forgetting. :)

Just two quick questions, here:

Does the game bring back the "architectural styles" for your house? (Referring to the Modern, Zen, and Castle upgrades from New Leaf.) I've yet to see any evidence of them myself, but my house hasn't been fully paid off yet.

What determines whether or not villagers will wear the clothes you gift to them? I gave Canberra an outfit that she now wears at least half the time, but when I gave something to Zell he put it on once, right after I gave it to him, and I've never seen him wearing it since. It just sits in his house as furniture.

Just two quick questions, here:

Does the game bring back the "architectural styles" for your house? (Referring to the Modern, Zen, and Castle upgrades from New Leaf.) I've yet to see any evidence of them myself, but my house hasn't been fully paid off yet.

What determines whether or not villagers will wear the clothes you gift to them? I gave Canberra an outfit that she now wears at least half the time, but when I gave something to Zell he put it on once, right after I gave it to him, and I've never seen him wearing it since. It just sits in his house as furniture.
As of now, there aren't any architectural styles like in NL. Hopefully they add them later.

As for your second question, if it's anything like NL birthday gifts for the villagers, certain items have a theme they prefer. Maybe that's the cause?

Reposting in new page:

So I have a question. Today someone moved out so I had an empty plot. I then invited someone from a tour so that plot now says sold.

After that I bought a plot from Tom, I then went to a tour and I'm not getting any more villagers. So tomorrow will I have time to do more tours to invite someone to that plot? or will it already be sold tomorrow to a random villager?

hey, I don't know if this has been asked yet. sorry if it has!

I have a villager at my campsite that I've already asked multiple times to move to my island not realizing I needed to build a plot first. now I have my plot but the villager hasn't given me the option to ask them to move in. I just tried now, 45 minutes ago, and then an hour before that. did I miss my chance from asking them too much?

I had a question:

Recently, my DIY recipes have been disappearing in my game like my wooden bridge and natural garden & natural garden table recipes.

Will they reappear because otherwise I don’t think I can move forward in the story?

Also is it required that I have to check in and play everyday?

I haven’t played my game in a couple days, because I spent time with my girlfriend over the weekend, so I’m worried I missed things and meeting the turnip person for the first time so it’s been giving me anxiety.

please help.

Does 2nd Player also get to see the special K.K. Slider Concert or is it only for the Island Rep?

Have it on the screen here and don't want to continue without the 2nd Player if they can't see it on their own time.

What is the minimum amount of distance one tree needs to be from another in order to grow?

When you build a bridge, if there is a path on the bit of land where the edges of the bridge will go, will it erase the path or sit on top of it? I'm just trying to work out for consistency (eg do I want to tear down my existing bridge to put path underneath or make sure there isn't path underneath my new bridge before I place it.)

Edit: oops, remembered another question: when a villager moves out, does their house plot disappear entirely, or does it go into the 'land available here' mode from before someone moves in? I'd like to move some of my houses around but I don't want to spend the bells if I can just wait and move plots when someone new moves in.

Last edited:
Will all your noncustomizable furniture of the same type be the same color? For example, if I have the blue imperial table, would the wall shelf also be blue?

I'm considering making this into a separate post so I can get a buncha different people's inputs

Will all your noncustomizable furniture of the same type be the same color? For example, if I have the blue imperial table, would the wall shelf also be blue?

I'm considering making this into a separate post so I can get a buncha different people's inputs

No. The colors you can find are random. Using your example of imperial furniture, I've gotten multiple pieces of that set (all randomly from balloons, villager gifts, etc). Some are the brown version, some are the red version.

The only thing color-wise that seems to be locked to your game is the Nook Miles furniture, where you need to trade for the rest. It seems like you can actually collect the other colors of pretty much everything else by yourself.

I invited a villager from a mystery tour and a different one moved in the next day.
I invited this Australian Koala and the next day a mouse named Greta moved in, with no sign of the koala guy anywhere. Is this like, a glitch? Did greta kill the koala?

Back