New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

i am super confused about how celeste/meteor showers work. she's been on my island twice and has given me recipes and TALKS about the stars, but i haven't seen any. both times i played for about two hours at night and i kept looking-up and listening for the twinkle sound, but nothing :< i would appreciate any answers on this!

Reposting in new page:

So I have a question. Today someone moved out so I had an empty plot. I then invited someone from a tour so that plot now says sold.

After that I bought a plot from Tom, I then went to a tour and I'm not getting any more villagers. So tomorrow will I have time to do more tours to invite someone to that plot? or will it already be sold tomorrow to a random villager?

In my experience if you don't have 9 villagers already, the plot will sell tomorrow to a random animal and you won't get animals on tours.

I made the mistake of buying plot number 9 directly after recruiting someone to plot 8 so I had this happen. Silly me also did this earlier on in my game with plots 4 and 5 and back then the plot also got auto-claimed the next day.

On the other hand when I bought my plot 10, it took 2 days for a random to claim it.

If anyone has had a different experience, feel free to correct me. This is based on my own observations.​

so I have no idea if anyone's played around with this enough to be able to answer, but hey might as well ask. I've been tt'ing a few villagers I don't like out. I've just been letting their plot get auto-filled with randos, and I've noticed that every single one that's moved in has come from someone's void. (as in, they'll say "hey! I just moved from [insert random island I visited for a trade here]") is it even possible to get a truly random villager if you do a lot of online play? I was kinda hoping to end up with a dreamie while doing this, but a lot of them are 'high profile' and I really doubt anyone would have voided them lol. I never messed around with moving villagers in new leaf so idk how it worked back then either.

In my experience if you don't have 9 villagers already, the plot will sell tomorrow to a random animal and you won't get animals on tours.

I made the mistake of buying plot number 9 directly after recruiting someone to plot 8 so I had this happen. Silly me also did this earlier on in my game with plots 4 and 5 and back then the plot also got auto-claimed the next day.

On the other hand when I bought my plot 10, it took 2 days for a random to claim it.

If anyone has had a different experience, feel free to correct me. This is based on my own observations.​

Yeah, unfortunately I found that out today. It was already sold to Amelia. I'll wait to buy plot 9 then, don't want this happening again lol.

i am super confused about how celeste/meteor showers work. she's been on my island twice and has given me recipes and TALKS about the stars, but i haven't seen any. both times i played for about two hours at night and i kept looking-up and listening for the twinkle sound, but nothing :< i would appreciate any answers on this!
isabelle will announce a meteor shower when it's due once you start up the game - the thing is, celeste seems to appear not only on those nights but also when there seems to be "good weather" (i.e. cloudless or almost cloudless nightsky). you might be able to catch a few during that, but it's generally not worth it because they are few and far apart.

reposting for visibility
one ... square? hole? i'd assume. haven't tested this myself, but i tried making some short of forest with regular and fruit trees, and while their leaves do "overlap", they only need to be one space apart from each other.

Has anyone moved in an amiibo villager, and if so, do they never leave, like in New Leaf?
Post automatically merged:

do i need to have 9/10 villagers to have someone move out?
Nope! I got a mover at 6, however it may have been because the newest move-in had the same personality type.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, they ping normally. Genji pinged me yesterday and I used an amiibo card to move him in.

Also, they don't ping about moving in this game instead they'll have a bubble over their heads.
Oh thank goodness

Does anyone know if villagers still show off letters you write to them? I quite enjoy writing letters to mine but I'm holding off on that since I had a bad experience in New Leaf where someone who adopted one of my old villagers made fun of my letters since the villager showed one off.

I enjoy adopting out my villagers but I don't want a repeat of that incident.​

Has anyone kicked out a villager and got them back onto their island with an amiibo card? Does it follow the 16 villager cycle or can they come back immediately/as soon as another villager moved in and another one moved out again? I want a dreamie to have his real house.

how do i end an online play session as host? like if i just want to kick everyone out at the same time. just want to know in advance :)

If an Amiibo villager moves out, do I have to do another 3 days of campground errands to get them back, or do the original 3 still count? Also, can they come back immediately, or do I need to cycle? And do they forget their interactions/nicknames for me?

Also, do villagers ever ignore your wishes and say “I will move anyways” when you tell them to stay, like in New Leaf? I lost Dreamies that way...
Reposting for visibility.

Can you order items from another person’s resident service menu? And have it mailed to the next day like in your own town? Or is buying them the only option?

Can you order items from another person’s resident service menu? And have it mailed to the next day like in your own town? Or is buying them the only option?
Buying is the only option. There's not way to access another's catalog directly.

How long does it take a villager to move out once they've asked to move?
The villager will move out the day after they notify you.

Does this mean they'll be in boxes the next day, or gone?

Back